• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which came first..? o_O

Which came first? Mew or Arceus?

• Mew

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Arceus

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Confused as well... I don't know...

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Souless

What?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • ???
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Ah!!! My head!

*Processing what you just said*

Well, according to this Mew is the base DNA for all pokemon, since he is the ancestor of them. On the other hand, Arceus, being a God identified as a pokemon it's said to have created the universe.

No Universe, no Mew.

So Arceus is "The creator"

Mew is "The Ancestor"

So according to Sinnoh people beliefs (and a bit of logic) Arceus is first... but Mew pwns =]

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    I agree with what others have said:
    Arceus created the universe, Dialga, Palkia, the three pixies, AND mew
    Dialga and Palkia gave birth time time and space
    Mew gave birth to the pokemon race

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    It's already been confirmed that Arceus came before Mew.

1) Arceus is known as the Alpha Pokémon. Mew is known as the New Species Pokémon.

2) Legend states that an Egg appeared from a vortex of chaos, and from it Arceus was born. Arceus then created Dialga and Palkia, so that time and space would be created by them. Arceus then created Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie to give emotion, willpower, and knowledge to the new universe. It would then go to sleep. Mew was simply the first Pokémon to originate from this planet, while Arceus had created Palkia, who created this planet, and all other space.

What I still dont get is that if Arceus is god why isn't it infinite and uncatchable?

Arceus becomes curious about the Azure Flute's melody, and thus awakes to see what it's about. Either that, or the Azure Flute is a straightaway form of summoning Arceus. It's possible to catch Arceus because only a person pure of heart can play the Azure Flute, and thus Arceus duly honors the Trainer.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Nice responses guys... Hmm...
    Mew, according to all your comments, is the New Specie PKMN and the ancestor of all PKMN, while Arceus, from the vortex of chaos? Could that mean that Arceus came from another dimension? And so Mew and Arceus are not even related..? If so, then neither both of them created each other...

-__- My confused head...

Villes

AKA Apolo
    Years
    Arceus came first.

It created the Pokemon world and created Mew while Mew was simply just a descendant of all Pokemon. Think f this:

God=Arceus

Adam and Eve=Mew

Note: Sorry for usiing religion. >_<

snikerz35

Pokemon Coordnaitor
    Years
    im

im starting to get it arceus was born it created dalgia and palkia which helped it then arceus created the 3 psycic legendarys.mew on the other hand created the pokemon but arceus created the universe. so mew created all pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2008
    In my opinion, Arceus came first. Because I remember seeing a story made by a Pokemon-fan, and In the story, Arceus passed gave me the ability to pass on his DNA. I would post a link to the story, but I have to get 15 posts first. So I'll post a link to the story later.

boo836

I'm back?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    Arceus was first because as mentioned, it is the alpha pokemon alpha is greek for A. Also, it was born from an egg in the darkness. The deity Chaos from greek mythology was born in this way also. Then sprang gaia, tarturos, nyx, erebus and eros. 5 deities that match the sinnoh trio,dialga and palkia. With them, Mew was then born, with all their DNA. So, it's mythology that it is, not science in this theory.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2008
    i think mew was known to be the first ever pokemon. im not completely sure though..

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    This has been discussed way to many times...

It's Arceus. Read the books in Canalave Library. It was god, so it came first, and created the legendaries. Mew has the DNA of all Pokemon, but I'd think legendaries are beyond DNA. And, how could scientists study the DNA of every legendary Pokemon anyways? I'd guess that Mew's DNA thing excludes legends, including Arceus, their creator.

The words below might be a bit offensive to some religious people. Just putting it as a spoiler so no one has to click it. I really don't mean it offensively at all, but you never know how someone'll take things, so...

Spoiler:

Pokeman Deoxys

Pokemon Diamond Champion!
    Years
    arceus

In that city with the cave a house thats biger than the others has a book in it saying whan the earth was made dialga and palkia were born,then sinnohs ledgendary trio were made.

It says nothing about DNA

See

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    This has been discussed way to many times...

It's Arceus. Read the books in Canalave Library. It was god, so it came first, and created the legendaries. Mew has the DNA of all Pokemon, but I'd think legendaries are beyond DNA. And, how could scientists study the DNA of every legendary Pokemon anyways? I'd guess that Mew's DNA thing excludes legends, including Arceus, their creator.

The words below might be a bit offensive to some religious people. Just putting it as a spoiler so no one has to click it. I really don't mean it offensively at all, but you never know how someone'll take things, so...

Spoiler:

I should disagree with you about Mew unable to acquire the DNA of legendaries...

If you have seen the movie Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, you should have seen Mew transformed unto Ho-oH...

code zerro the deluge

I'm a boss.
    Years
    lets think of it like this. Mew can learn almost any move. limited to special moves in the video game. but it can learn all tm and hm moves right? well think this arceus cant. I believe it all started with Mew. Mew was the first. Plus ho-oh did not create the legendary dogs or cats whatever they are. he just brought them back to life

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    Again, Arceus came first.

Only the vortex of chaos existed, from which came an Egg that hatched into the Original One. This is Arceus. It created Dialga and Palkia, then Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf, then took to sleep.

Mew is the first Pokémon to originate from this world, which wasn't here before that.

Arceus came first.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    this is like asking "who came first: The Chicken or the Egg?"

Noone Knows.

now, if you ask me... it was Arceus.

Out of chaos an Egg appared.
    The Egg hatched into Arceus.
    Arceus Created Dailga and Palkia.

Dailga Created Celebii.
    Palkia Created Groudon and Kyrgre to shape the Planets.
    Palkia Created Rayquza to calm the spirits of Groudon and Kyrogre
    Palkia Created Deoxys, who later Created Jirachii.

Giratina was some freak accident from nowhere.

Kyrogre Created Lugia, who created the Birds, and Manaphy.
    Manaphy Created Phione
    Groudon Created Ho-Oh, who created the Dogs, and Shaymin.

my brain hurts..... I'll finish later

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    may I ask the source of your PKMN family branch?

I still think Mew came first, though... Hmm...

ALso, if Palkia created Groudon which created Ho-oH, then that means Mew isn't related to Ho-oh at all, which we clearly saw in the movie that Mew transformed unto Ho-oh because Mew has Ho-oh's DNA.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back