• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Champion Battle is the toughest?

Which Champion is toughest?

• Blue/Gary(Red/Blue/Yellow/Fire Red/Leaf Green)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Lance(Gold/Silver/Crystal/Heart Gold/Soul Silver)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Steven(Ruby/Sapphire)

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Wallace(Emerald)

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Cynthia(Diamond/Pearl/Platinum)

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Alder(Black/White)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • In my case,it's Cynthia.I always level up my Pokemon high enough before I go against Pokemon League,but her Spiritomb and Garchomp are steady and hard to take down(in most case,it always take 2 hits to KO them).

**Red should be excluded from the list because he is not really a Pokemon League Champion(Lance takes the job)
    **Lance's team during his rematch in Heart Gold/Soul Silver should be included as well.

Last edited:

BlueHighwind

EEEEEEVEEEEEE
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    Same Here.....Cynthia is a PAIN!

In my old Diamond(aru) every time I battled her, no matter what team....I lost. Eventually I just went 'Screw It' and traded my hand raised level 100 Typhlosion to Platinum.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Gary. Even with a level 99 Venusaur in my first Leafgreen run, I could never beat him for some reason. In comparison, Cynthia wasn't too bad, though Garchomp was a bit of a pain.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Cynthia... because Garchomp is an absolute beast to take down and her team is very well rounded and diverse. She also has some good moves on each Pokemon to strike back at their weaknesses.

Years
  • @ Zaroas Maybe Kanto Elite Four is tougher,and that might soften you up a little? :)

And right,I agree with you guys.Cynthia's Pokemon are very tough.When you thought you have had them,they always strike back with moves that counter our weaknesses...

Simmy93

Aspiring Emulator
    Years
  • Cynthia. Both in-game and Anime she strikes me as the toughest and struck me hard. I am dreading going against her in my Monochrome Platinum Challenge with water.. As for the anime she's defended her title! So that makes her a bit tougher in my eyes.

I'll say this though, Adler is a pretty tough guy.

Jack

ego
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2020
    I dont remember well. but Cynthia was the toughest.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Cynthia. Her Garchomp is a monster, it always spammed Dragon Rush. And whoever thought to give her Togekiss in Platinum is a wretched being.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Cynthia in Diamond because of her overleveled Garchomp at that point in the game. Level 66 is too much to handle at that point. I also struggled against her Milotic.

Years
  • @ Zaroas Hmm,maybe it's something about your luck?Or maybe back then you were not really good like you are today? :P

Oh and keep sharing your experience,folks!From the look of things,Cynthia seems to be one heck of a wretched witch among many eyes! :D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • In my experience...

Gary > Cynthia/Lance > Wallace > Alder

You can sweep Alder with a Chandelure...I mean, just have a good Fire type, and half the team is gone right there. lol They could have done better with him. But 3 bugs? And a Vanilluxe? Sit down.

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    I think i would have to go with steven. For one thing, he can set up screens that are a real pain if you dont have brick break, only doing half damage for a few turns really kinda sucks. Also, metagross struck me as a bigger pain than garchomp ever did in the gen 4 champion fight (I guess I'm just wierd that way). Also, random ancient power boosts can really screw things over. Then again, I was younger and therefore dumber when I dealt with steven compared to how I was when I battled Cynthia. That could have something to do with it as well XD.

Years
  • Cynthia was the hardest challenge bcuz of her Garchomp and Spiritomb D:< took me 2 tries(pearl verson). The 2nd hardest was Gary which only knocked my team out once and destroyed his team on my 2nd try.

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
  • Cynthia was the hardest for me, I've never had to re-take on a champion so many times before. Her Milotic slayed me and Garchomp was awful.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • Wallace because I started out with blaziken and my only pokemon that could possibly do super effective damage was my breloom who in that generation had a terrible special attack with no physical grass typ moves I knew of. Not untill I caught rayquaza could I beat him.

Years
  • Cynthia's Garchomp just screwed me over so many times, but she was closely followed by Lance, who was so annoying as I never raise any Ice types or teach any pokemon ice moves, making dragons HELL for me.

Back