• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which console do you personally like Xbox 360, Wii or the PS3?

Metatron

No guts, no glory
Years
  • I only own a 360, however, I'm going with the PS3 just based solely on the fact that I've already had to send my 360 in for repairs 4 times in the 2 years that I've owned it T_T

In all honesty, I was gonna pick up a ps3 instead, but went with the 360 for price reasons. When I bought mine it was like $350, whereas the ps3 was about $500 at the time x_x

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I personally prefer the PS3, because it is just a better system overall. The worst problem it had was the "yellow light of death(or something like that)" and that didn't even happen to 10% of the PS3s out there.
    The "it has more games!1!!!1!" is a B.S excuse to glorify other systems. Quality over quantity.
    With that said, the PS3 has a much better ratio of good games than the 360.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Definitely going for the PS3 here~

It's much cheaper when you factor in the features. Built in wireless, BR player, free online, etc. And the quality of games has impressed me... along with exclusive IPs, such as MGS, XIII Vs, Uncharted, etc.

Yeah. I love my black behemoth.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I don't own a Ps3 or a Xbox 360.
    I played both tho
    I prefer the Ps3, infact I've always been with Playstation, since my Xbox broke out of no where, non of my system failed before, so I don't want to own a Xbox after that. So Playstation 3

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
  • I think both consoles are great and all, but I'll have to go for the PS3.
    Because I love its great games like Buzz, inFAMOUS, etc.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • I like the 360 better, mostly because of it's superb online service, $50 a year is well worth it. The online experience is way better than PSN and Nintendo Wi-fi is just horrible besides the VC, not that the Wii was asked about in this thread. The 360 exclusives are also better than the PS3 exclusives. God of War 3 should redeem the PS3 in this category almost entirely by itself(huge God of War fan, may be bias) but Drake's Fortune 2 won't hurt it either. I just think overall the 360 is the better console and in individual categories I would go with the 360 in everything except movie playback since the PS3 has Blu-ray. The exclusives might even up a little down the road but who knows.

Years
  • If I were to have to choose a console between the two, I would choose the 360. Why?

• Well, one factor is the controller. It's not that I hate Sony's controller, but I just like the Xbox 360's more. It feels a bit more comfortable in my hands. Also, I prefer to have user-replaceable batteries compared to ones that are soldered on to the controller.
    • Another factor is Xbox Live Community Games. I love playing indie games. Things like sin(Surfing) and Machiavelli's Ascent (sp?) are what I like to go for.
    • I don't really like installing games onto my hard drive. I'll gladly take the extra 30 seconds of loading time in order to save a few gigs of space that could be used for Arcade games.
    • The multiplatform games that I played from this generation feel like they played better on the 360. Mirror's Edge on the 360 just felt more fluid than on the PS3 for me.

All that being said, my Falcon board also hasn't died on my yet (and I got my 360 over a year ago, now).

But in reality, I would not choose either of the consoles, given the choice. I just haven't found that many games to be fun this generation.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    i see that differently i think they have nearly the same graphics

Yeah, both of them can do 1080p/1080i. PS3 can push graphics harder, but I can only think about 2 games that push it. The problem with 360 is most of the games are just upscaled to 1080 and thus dont look as good as they should.

And to the guy who was all "Exclusivs r beter on 360" iirc if you compare the ratio of exclusives that score above 8/10 / 80% on PS3 to 360, the PS3 exclusives come out on top. Don't quote me on that as it might of changed since I last checked, but check for yourself.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
  • PS3 all the way.
    Why? Because almost every "exclusive" worth buying on the 360 also comes out on the PC, and I prefer my gaming PC over consoles in general, so it all works out.
    As for online, I love playing online, but I've never wanted to make friends with people over PSN/XBL, because I actually have IRL friends!
    Shocking, isn't it?

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • I don't have a PS3, so I'm not one to judge it. I suppose I'll have to go with the 360 since that's all I've played.

I've heard the online play is much better on the 360 than it is on the PS3, but the PS3 has some sweet exclusives coming out.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    PS3 all the way.
    Why? Because almost every "exclusive" worth buying on the 360 also comes out on the PC, and I prefer my gaming PC over consoles in general, so it all works out.
    As for online, I love playing online, but I've never wanted to make friends with people over PSN/XBL, because I actually have IRL friends!
    Shocking, isn't it?
    Good thing you have IRL friends because no one online would want to be around someone as arrogant as you.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
  • Good thing you have IRL friends because no one online would want to be around someone as arrogant as you.
    I was just saying that you don't buy a console to make friends, but rather spend time playing with the friends you already have. I was indeed trying to sound arrogant, I guess sarcasm doesn't work on the internet (I was pretty much being sarcastic about using over-the-top sarcasm).

Also, just a comment about your statement, what makes people online any better and have a better taste than common people? Last time I checked, one who is arrogant is a bigger person than an occasionally racist, swearing 14-year-old.
    (Even though I'm black, so I doubt they would agree. >.<)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I have both consoles and I like the 360 better. It has more games I like for it, I like the online better, and it's just more for me. I plan on playing the PS3 a little when I get the first Uncharted (I've already got the second one waiting on me). But it has to be done quick because once November 10th rolls around the PS3 can be put away, because I'll be playing CoD: Modern Warfare 2 until the cows come home.

I just like the 360 better. I have 5 PS3 games, and 26 XBox 360 games (that will soon jump to 30, and that'll be a stone's throw to being the system that I have the most games for). With all the games I get for the 360, yea I'll gladly pay $60 for XBL, I think it's well worth it.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • It's all about Wii and PC, sweeties. =p

Well playing both the 360 and PS3, I would choose the 360, since there's a lot more games I prefer than the PS3, sweeties.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I have both consoles and I like the 360 better. It has more games I like for it, I like the online better, and it's just more for me. I plan on playing the PS3 a little when I get the first Uncharted (I've already got the second one waiting on me). But it has to be done quick because once November 10th rolls around the PS3 can be put away, because I'll be playing CoD: Modern Warfare 2 until the cows come home.

I just like the 360 better. I have 5 PS3 games, and 26 XBox 360 games (that will soon jump to 30, and that'll be a stone's throw to being the system that I have the most games for). With all the games I get for the 360, yea I'll gladly pay $60 for XBL, I think it's well worth it.

$60? That's cheaper than we have to pay for it, the price doesn't seem so bad for America I guess. (We pay £45 a year which is like $73)

yahiko

god among mortals
    Years
  • ps3 becaus it dosent have brake down problems its got uncharted series infamous resistance resistance 2 free online

Back