• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which D/P starter will you choose?

Which starter will U choose?

• Potchama (Water)

Votes: 34 49.3%
  • Naetoru (Grass)

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • Hikozaru (Fire)

Votes: 18 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

White Lotus

As High As Wu-Tang Gets
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    I for some reason I always go for the grass. Coinsidence who's to say. I think i just really like GRASS. :paranoid: From his look <Turtley> hopefully he'll be defensive minded cause i'm a huge sucker for Leech Seed. Of all the waters i was never as intrigued - although i regret not picking Swampert - as i am with this little penguin. I blame Billy Madison. Billy passed the 3rd grade, what more can i sayyy.

TonyHT

Years
    I guess I'll try all 3....But I think I'll soon know what's my new starter fav :D
    I used to like fire type starters....but that monkey looks.... :S dumb

KAAPOW

the new pink
    Years
    • Age 31
    • oz
    • Seen Aug 31, 2006
    I can't decide between Potchama and Naetoru :3 They're both cute. I never really choose the one that I think will be the strongest, I just go with the starter that looks the cutest. Probably why I'm not that good at the games ahaha.

Twiin

Wandering Nomad
    Years
    It all depends on their evolved forms... I can't really tell which one I'll get at the moment. I think Naetoru's final evolution will be awesome... like a giant tortoise with a tree or something on its back.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
    I'm going to choose Potchama for Diamond version and Hikozaru for Pearl, if I ever get the two versions.

The Grass starter dosen't really appeal to me, I never liked grass starters other than Chikorita.

Flamman

still n00b, working on it!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2018
    i prefer the grassstarter, cause it looks promessing. the fire ape will have some awesome evolutions, en a penguin evolving? in what? a bigger penguin? a penguin with real wings? a penguin with teeth? sorry, can't imagine anything else, but i'dd like to see the grass evolve!

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    I have a history of choosing Water starters, as I love that element... but I think the Grass starter is the cutest here. ^^ I like Pochama too, but I like the little leafy turtle more. It'll really depend on their later evolutions. I also have a hard time picturing Pochama's evolutions.

The fire monkey is just a little strange. I never liked Fire much, and I think the fire starters began getting weird in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. (Blaziken is powerful and cool and all, but a humanoid chicken creature? :P)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    I wouldn`t choose any, they all look horrible.

hikozaru = too monkeyish, a bit Aipom like (i hate aipom).
    naetoru = it looks like a turtle with a leaf on its head....just weird.
    potchama = its basically a penguin with a few moves.....nah!

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    andrewv42 said:
    I wouldn`t choose any, they all look horrible.

Well you'll have to choose one unless you want to be stuck at the beginning forever. XD

Anywhoo, I think it's become obvious which one I'll choose. *points to avvie* Teh cute and adorable Naetoru! :3 I love turtles and tortoises and so I must pick him! I also like Pocchama too, but I can't say no to the chubby green and yellow face. Hikozaru is okay, but I was never a big fan of monkeys.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Where's the "all of the above" option??

Oh, and I KNOW this thread has been around before...my comment's there.

EDIT: Oh, and it's STILL ON PAGE ONE!!

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2007
    I'll pick which starter I'm going to use once I see their evolutions. I hope that Naetoru and Pocchama stay cute throughout their evolutions, because I'm not a big fan of flaming monkeys.

I'm this way with all my games. It totally depends on their later evolutions not their type. Yeah, there type does affect how strong they will be but they are starters, the pokemon who usually are pretty strong in the game no matter what.

RichterB

Master Trainer
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Sep 7, 2007
    yeah i'm going to say that it's gonna depend on the evos of the starters but im prob going to take Naetoru the grass turtle looking pokemon. i happen to love all 3 types but ive always been bigger on grass and water and im liking the grass better than the water as of right now, but who knows maybe i'll end up takiing the fire type o_O?

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
    Heh, it's a water starter that's actually my favourite out of the three! I'll definately pick Pocchama!

~Alakazam~

Psychic Eye
    Years
    As of now, Hikozaru. We hardly have any info on any of them, but i'm going by looks. Pochama is cute, but I can't see it as a graceful battler on my team. And Naetoru (and posslible evo) don't appear too tough, but only time will tell.

Sweet-Sapphire

Me as Sweet as Candy
    Years
    It depends.

It depends on the situation in the game.

First I have to know the kinds of opponets I'll face: the new enemies, the Shinou gym leaders (which are not known yet BTW), the Shinou Elite 4, the new champion. After that, I'll choose my starter and build my team around it.

Anyway, I might go for the penguin. It's so cute! ^^

Back