• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which did you choose?

Which did you choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Yes it's 'that' question. Which game did you get; Heartgold or Soulsilver? And why? (Or if you bought both which was the first).

As for me, I remember the day I bought Heartgold. I made my sister pay for it at the cash register because I was too embarrassed to pay for it. ;;

Anyway, I choose it mainly because I liked Ho-oh over Lugia, I'm aware that you can get both in the same game I just liked the box art better! n_n Oh, and the version exclusives were much more appealing to me. Except that SS got Meowth and Vulpix. At least HG got Kyogre. n_n

Years
    i bought heart gold. main reason being is that i found the box-art to be simply gorgeous. plus, i preferred ho-oh to lugia (on the cover).

Years
    I got Heart Gold, partly because it came free with the DS I got, and partly because my cousin planned to get Soul Silver, so I wanted the opposite version.

Years
    I got SoulSilver mainly cos I love their version exclusive Pokemon better.

Plus, my brother got HeartGold before so I knew it would be fitting to continue the tradition me and my bro have and get the opposite version.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    My Gen II remake was Heart Gold. I decided to pucahse Heart Gold over Soul Silver based on the fact that in my younger childhood years I'd spend countless hours playing the original Gold Version. The Nostalgia got to me in the end, so I went with Heart Gold. But both box arts and version exclusive pokemon were fantastic (or at least I thought so :P). And they're pretty much the same games anyway, so I'm sure I would have got the same gaming experience for Soul Silver if I had of purchased it instead.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    My friend bought me HeartGold as a gift, so I didn't really "choose it". I was going to buy SoulSilver since I played Silver as a kid, but I'm not complaining~ They're pretty much the same game in the end, and I get a lv75 Lugia in HeartGold compared to a lv45 (lv50? I haven't played in a while XD) Lugia in SoulSilver.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    I liked HeartGold because:

-Ho-Oh
    -Arcanine
    -Box Art
    -Because my Typhlosion was better for the game.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    I bought SoulSilver, because years earlier I discovered the awesome Johto region through the Silver version, so it was normal for me to buy it instead of HeartGold. And I prefer Lugia over Ho-Oh anyway.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I imported Soul Silver from Japan which completely spoiled my gameplay. I bought Heart Gold over here and then Soul Silver again ;;

Pingouin_7

I got HeartGold, because I usually pick the first of the two versions (Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond), and I had Gold on GBC, so I got HeartGold. (Just like how I had Red on GB and got FireRed.)

Two months and a half later, I picked up a Japanese copy of SoulSilver.

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
    Years
    I chose HeartGold because for some reason I always feel like the first version has better exclusives, plus I liked the name and art for the logo better. I'm pretty much a fan of both Ho-Oh and Lugia and don't like one better than the other so that's what did it for me.

Years
    I got Heartgold first. Actually I just bought Soulsilver today. But I bought Heartgold first because when I was 6 my first video game ever was gold version. So just thought might as well buy the enhanced version of my favorite game in the world.

Back