• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which did you choose?

Which did you choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I imported SoulSilver first. Then I got HeartGold as an anniversary gift from someone I'm no longer dating, lol. And my second copy of HG is borrowed from my sister. She doesn't seem to want it back either, so...

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
    Years
  • Soul Silver, due to the fact that i used to play my cousins silver when i was little. But also Lugia is just better, imo. I don't plan on getting Heart Gold, either.

LinooneFriend

Pokefriend
    Years
  • I got HeartGold because it looked cool and I like the color gold. It was the second game I ever got, the first one being Platinum. When I lost my beloved copy of Platinum, HeartGold became my favorite game even though I got a new copy of Platinum. Back then, I didn't know there were version-exclusive Pokemon, so I figured I could just pick whichever one looked cooler. Even now, I don't think I would have chosen the other game, because I managed to get all the Pokemon exclusive to SoulSilver by global trading my dratinis I bred :) . Plus, with hoenn sound I now have linoones! And the Lugia I got in HeartGold is one of my most powerful Pokemon and is on a team with my Ho-oh. So, in the end they're so similar that it really doesn't matter which one you pick cause it can work out whatever way you want. :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2012
    Soul Silver.
    I like Lugia better than Ho-oh. Also, Vulpix is only obtainable in Soulsilver. (:

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    I prefer Heartgold, mainly because of its version exclusive Pokemon. Just got overjoyed when I found out that Kyogre is in there. And I prefer Ho-oh over Lugia.

Back