• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which DS do you have/are you going to get?

Which one?

• DS Phat (original)

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • DS Lite

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • DSi

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • DSi LL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Um, I think the title speaks for itself, doesn't it? Just post which one you have and why you chose that type.

I got the DS Phat (aka the original) because it was the cheapest :P Heh, £40 at gamestation is a stupidly low price...shame that I think the hinge might be cracked XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2010
    I gotta Lite, my second one as i broke the touch screen on the first.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I have the original. The blue colored one. It's lasted me almost since it came out, but I really don't get many games for it anymore. :/ I'll probably only buy any new Ace Attorney games and possibly HeartGold.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    ridin' chubby for me. I only use it for pearl anyway.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    I jyst bought a DSi over the summer, only because I was in dire need for a new ds. I've had my original since it came out and it's kinda.... Dying.... So I saved up my money for a DSi and bought one.... My poor old ds, it's lonely.....

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
    Years
    I've got a DS Lite, which was my first. I've had it nearly two years, but I've only got two games for it; Pokémon Diamond and The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

I'm planning to get Heart Gold or Soul Silver when it's released in Europe, and I'm definitely getting the new Golden Sun when that comes out too.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I've got an old original DS but when Diamond came out, I bought myself a white DS Lite. I think it's starting to die on me (the right shoulder button and the A button are a little unresponsive) so I've been thinking about upgrading to a sexy pink DSi but now with the new model coming out, I'm not so sure.

I'd need to find the funds for it anyway.

Years
    Well, I am the kind of guy who has no consoles (only da Wii), but has alot of handhelds. So ya, all 3! :P

THOUGH I HAVE AN EXPLANATION PEOPLE

DS Phat Blue: 2 years, then hinge broke.
    DS Lite Black: 2 years, then hinge broke.
    ya, i know, bad luck with hinges x3
    DSi Light Blue: Summer, perfect condition, finally got warranty

XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I had a DS phat (got it first day it came out) but finally upgraded to the DSi when it came out.

Couldn't pass up the slimmer form factor + slightly larger screens.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    I have the Phat, Electric Blue DS.

After over two years, the hinge finally began to fall apart last week. Otherwise, besides being banged up, it's good as new. ^^

(I really want a DSi, though... hopefully Christmas will take care of that).

Great Mazinger

nope.avi
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2013
    Until something appears that makes good use of the DSi's faster hardware I don't see any reason not to stick with my Lite. WPA Wireless network security support is nice but seeing as it's not backwards compatible with the existing DS library it's not enough to persuade me.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    All I have is the original DS, specifically a dark blue one, and that's it.

I was thinking of buying the DSi but it doesn't seem like it's worth it..

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I've got a silver DS Phat, a Pink DS Lite and a BLack DSi. Of course, I gave my DS Phat to my niece and the DS Lite technically belongs to my sister, I still claim them all. :)

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    I am going to buy DS Lite as I just have some more money. Can't find it cheap from Finland. 139-149e is too much for DS Lite. I don't want DSi as it doesn't have GBA slot and I don't care about those other features that it has, I can do those with my phone (listen music, take photos, etc.) As I just get it, I first buy Pokémon Platinum for it and HeartGold is going to be there too when it comes to english. My friend has Pokémon Ruby on his GBA SP and he doesn't use it so much and I think I can have Ruby from him almost free. (I paid 3e for Rayman3 (XBOX) as I bought it from my friend.)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I got the DS phat on release day. I was happy with it. I only picked up a DS lite because...well...it was this:

Which DS do you have/are you going to get?

Isn't it sexy?

I love my DS lite but I could have kept on using my original DS just fine.

Back