• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Electric-type Pokémon do you use?

Best electic type pokemon? (Except Zekrom)

• Ampharos

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Zebstrika

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Eelektross

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Galvantula

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Other (Please specify)...

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    I am playing pokemon white and have completed the elite 4 and the main story line but i want to get a good electric type pokemon (aside from Zekrom)
    so which electric type pokemon is best in your opinion out of these four options?
    Also if you want to suggest any other electic pokemon that are easily available in pokemon white then feel free to :)

• Ampharos - Base Stats 500, High: special attack, Low: speed, Weak to: ground, Resistant to: flying ,steel, electric
    • Zebstrika - Base Stats 497, high: speed, attack, Low: defence, special defence, Weak to: ground, Resistant to: flying, steel, electric
    • Eelekrtoss - Base Stats 515, High: attack, special attack, Low: speed, small move pool, Weak to: nothing, Resistant to: flying, steel, electric
    • Galvantula - Base Stats 472, High: speed, Low: defence, special defence, Weak to: rock, fire, Resistant to: fighting, steel, electric, grass
    Vote in the poll and add your comments :D

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Eelecktross, no weaknesses yes please <3

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • Eelecktross, no weaknesses yes please <3

Totally agree -- It's the best of the choices.

But if some moves such as Gravity, Smack Down, Skill Swap ect are used, or the opponent has Mold Breaker, Ground types do 2x damage.

But hey, theres only a small chance of that. ^

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    Ampharos is probably my favorite Electric Type in a Pokemon game besides Raichu, ever. He was incredibly strong and consistent for me but I admit I havent even used any of the other choices besides Zebstrika and once my Emolga took him down... I knew he was useless to me as far as being my main electric type.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Why isn't Luxray up there?

Luxray is my choice. It can see through walls when you are hiding and it's a pretty good Pokemon to battle with!

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • ...Where's Zapdos? I don't see him on the list... :\

Ampharos is usually my electric Pokemon of choice, although Zebstrika is also awesome. (Paper thin defences, though.) And of course Zapdos is awesome too.

Although... whatever happened to Magnetric, Pikachu... Jolteon? Are they hiding under your bed? :D

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Well... to be fair, if there was a "They're all awesome!" button on the list, I woulda pushed it. :D They're all pretty cool.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Eelekrtoss, for obvious reasons -- best base stat of the four, and it has Levitate against ground-type pokemon, so that means it also have no weaknesses! ^3^ It also has a nice access to flamethrower, and a great Special Attack / Attack stat to boot. <3 Also, a really nice art as well. <3

Years
  • I was deciding between Eelektross and Zebstrika. I know Eelektross has no weaknesses, but Zebstrika looks awesome I'm planning to get one on to my team in Pokemon Black.

Volcom22

Weepingbell Collector.. ^.^
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2011
    Ampharos..
    Always had a special spot for it in my Pokemon Heart.. :3

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • With the way the discussion is heading, I'm going to change the topic's title into "Which Electric-type Pokémon do you prefer to use?" and move it over to Pokémon Gaming Central seeing as it can cover all games. If you want team help, then you can ask for it in the In-Game Team Help forum.

By the way, my Electric go-to Pokémon is always Electivire.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Ampharos because it it's moveset. I'd also like to add Luxray because of it's amazing stats. You can't have a strong party without either one of them.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Where is Jolteon? Really, its blazing speed and excellent Special Attack makes it my preferred Electric-type.

Sorry, Zebstrika... I tried using you in White, but until you get a decently powered physical Electric attack that doesn't cause recoil...

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I'm getting Elektross, overall it is better. It has good attack and special attack (better than both Zebstrika's sp. atk and atk). Also it has decent defenses (better than Zebstrika's horrible). Also it has slightly better HP and a better movepool! The only thing Zebstrika has over it is it's speed.

Forgot about Galvantula though, is it any good :?

I might put Zekrom in it's place though because it's so cute and fluffy! I usually never use legendaries but I <3 Zekrom...

Gen 5 = Headaches when deciding on a team.

Back