• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which emulators and which games can trade?

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2012
    Hello everyone,

I am currently playing these four pokémon games:

- HeartGold and Soulsilver on no$gba 2.6.
    - Yellow and Crystal on VBA.

I would like to know if it is possible to trade with myself just so I can get the well known evolutions that are only possible through trading. I read that it's possible a lot, but I can't find any concrete info on it and how to do it.

Is it possible? And if so, how?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2018
    As for HeartGold & SoulSilver, I don't think it is possible as of yet. Definitely not with No$ and/or without internet. Desmume's 'wifi' was dodgy so I didn't really try it out BUUUUUUT I believe it is still NOT possible. Tbh, I would love for someone to prove me wrong though. :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2012
    As for HeartGold & SoulSilver, I don't think it is possible as of yet. Definitely not with No$ and/or without internet. Desmume's 'wifi' was dodgy so I didn't really try it out BUUUUUUT I believe it is still NOT possible. Tbh, I would love for someone to prove me wrong though. :D

What about that hacking the save file I keep reading about..? Apparently with that you can make any pokémon evolve into any pokémon..

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2018
    What about that hacking the save file I keep reading about..? Apparently with that you can make any pokémon evolve into any pokémon..

Well erm not quite. AFAIK, ^THAT can only be done via ROM hacking.

However, there are programs that edit your save file in such a way that you can insert, remove, edit your Pokemon (and some other bits of info such as items etc). Just google Pokesav or PokeGen. But then the satisfaction might just not be there especially after you start illegally buffing up stats etc unless you are like me, just using em to get certain things like Events and in your case, evolution. Personal preference.

(NOTE to mods: Wait, I AM allowed to recommend the aforementioned programs right?)

EDIT: I think this thread will answer all your questions.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=264237

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2012
    Well erm not quite. AFAIK, ^THAT can only be done via ROM hacking.

However, there are programs that edit your save file in such a way that you can insert, remove, edit your Pokemon (and some other bits of info such as items etc). Just google Pokesav or PokeGen. But then the satisfaction might just not be there especially after you start illegally buffing up stats etc unless you are like me, just using em to get certain things like Events and in your case, evolution. Personal preference.

(NOTE to mods: Wait, I AM allowed to recommend the aforementioned programs right?)

EDIT: I think this thread will answer all your questions.

Yes, I ONLY want those evolutions, nothing more. I just used that Pokesav yesterday and it didn't work. Everything worked except to the part where I had made poliwhirl into poliwrath, then save, then when I loaded the game it gives the speech it gives when you first start it. i.e. it couldn't load the save file anymore (after I editted it).

Back