• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which game do you prefer?

Years
  • HeartGold, if only because am further in it. Would love to reset it but its Pokewalker has some of the event routes.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Soulsilver, I transfered all my pokemon from platinum to it. I just liked some of the upgrades that it had, My favorite was how they took the yellow edition idea into affect and now your first pokemon on your team follows you around.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I preferred Pokemon HeartGold. It was the one I got because I had Pokemon Gold as a child and I thought it would be more nostalgic to get HeartGold. I also preferred the version exclusive Pokemon better in HeartGold than in SoulSilver.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Which game did you get, if you did?
    Pokemon Soul Sivler

Why did you get it?
    Because I like the color

Was it the legend?
    Yeah, that was another reason, I wanted Lugia first

Or the pokemon?
    I favored Groudon over Kyogre and Vulpix over Growlithe

Perhaps you had its previous version (gold/silver)?
    I acutally had both Pokemon Gold and Silver\

:t354:TG

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
    I bought Pokémon Soul Silver.

Why did you get it?
    Mainly because I prefer Silver over Gold, but because I'm a hipster and other people would have HeartGold I wanted to even out the distribution amongst fans.

Was it the legend?
    Or the pokemon?
    No, not really. Personally I prefer Ho-oh over Lugia. But Ninetales, Ursaring and Ledian were a factor in me buying it.

Perhaps you had its previous version (gold/silver)?

I had Gold. :S I guess I'm a nostalgic traitor.

Years
    SoulSilver of course!

Why did you get it?
    My brother already has HeartGold, plus when me and my brother get the paired versions he gets one and I get the other (he has Sapphire, Diamond and HeartGold while I have Ruby, Pearl and SoulSilver. I also have Black and he plans to get White later this year) while with third versions either me or him gets it (he has Emerald and I have Platinum).

Was it the legend? Or the Pokemon?
    I had a slight preference for Ninetales and Ursaring. Ursaring is awesome, and combine Facade with its Guts ability and you get one hard-hitting bear! As for the legendary, I lean more towards Lugia.

Perhaps you had its previous version (Gold/Silver)?
    No, I actually didn't play the old version. I only wanted HG/SS because I wanted to experience Johto for myself. SoulSilver has become only the second Pokemon game I ever finished as of now (the other being Ruby). Now that I am in the SS post-game I am busy collecting and training my Pokemon imported from RSE and traded from DPPt.

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years
  • I have both, but I use HG as my main file with all of the "good" pokemon. I personally like HG's storyline better, because I prefer Ho-oh to Lugia. They're both awesome, but Ho-oh's battle theme is just win.

MuffinPaula

「PONPON!? ??
    Years
  • I only got Soulsilver because I love Lugia over Ho-Oh! But the thing is I should've got HG since I have too many water type Pokemon which is no good.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • I only have HG and it is definitely my favorite! I chose it mostly to get Ho-Oh. Later discovering that you can get both. The Pokemon also made me want it more. Along with a strange habit to always the first game. EX: Ruby, Diamond, Red, etc.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • I got heartgold first just because of Donphan, I really wanted one. But I think Lugia is better than Ho-oh

nekohime

Neko of the Jotho
    Years
    • Age 29
    • WI
    • Seen Nov 2, 2011
    I love my soul silver game, I have played my friends gold ver. and I perfer Silver more (:

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2013
    For me, I had crystal, and I couldn't decide which. I, the end however, chose HG because I Love Growlithes! But I still downloaded Liquid Crystal ROM because Suicune is EPIC XD!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'm glad I bought SoulSilver, as it was a nice contrast to playing Gold in Gen II. There were enough subtle differences to make sure that it felt like a 'new' experience, which might not have happened had I picked up HeartGold. I guess I like the name 'SoulSilver' moreso as well. HeartGold sounds cheesy and a little bit fake, to be honest.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I got SoulSilver, since I first played Silver.

I never really liked Gen II's style though. It's remakes did it no justice for me, either. It just seemed more depressing and sad than any other gen, mostly because Johto just seems it, and because Kanto shows how all the things in R/B deteriorated from what they once were.

Back