• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which game is your favorite, and why?

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2013
    Mine is definately Platinum since it has a lot of additions, and the gyms are updated as well as the Elite 4's cool new rooms. The Distortion World and Battle Frontier also help that vote...

HoodieDoodie

The Electric Soldier
    Years
  • Its hard really.
    I love Dialga, so I would go omf DIAMOND. But I don't feel that way tbh. I have beaten the elite 4 a gazillion times.
    Meanwhile, Platinum......I have never beaten the elite 4. I LOVE the distortion world, I think its a real game enhancer and the fact that its a puzzle I can do. And enjoy.
    The only real snag is the giratina posing, I love the distortion world pose but am sad when it goes because I prefer it over the normal. I know there is an item but because I'm too busy training the pokemon I never go to get it lol. I find it hard to train in Platinum, the pokemon seem not to level up as quick.

But I'm still going platinum because of the added features and the new brilliant sprites

Years
  • Platinum was great, but it wasn't Platinum that got me out of my "Pokemon Drought", so to speak. I honestly thought Pokemon was over at the time, and new ones weren't being made, how wrong I was! Anyhow, Diamond was just a great playing experience, the Pokemon introduced all boasted excellent designs, save a select few, and the plot was decent as well. Pokemon Diamond was everything I could have asked for, at the time, and I had a great amount of fun on my first playthrough. Platinum boasted a few improvements, but nothing significant enough to 1-up Diamond.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2011
    Pokemon Silver bacause it is the last of the original (true) series of Pokemon. You got to advanture Kanto and Johto, fight Red and be over with the game (cause you start your journy on Red or Blue and wait 3 years and then continue your journy). But in my case I think I never beated red and did not find it the end and so meaningfull when Red was there (exited and cool, I guess when I first found it out). Also because I have a set team that I used over and over again which is 4 of the pokes are weak to electricity. I did not care back then about strong pokemon and team effecincy with types.

iBlaze

Purple Haze
    Years
  • I'd have to agree with you, Platinum has more features. All of the games however are really long and dragged out, now depending on how you like to train your pokemon that can be helpful or not. I like having underleveled pokemon for the challenge and i find these games really push you towards having a "stacked" team.... Strangely enough i liked that and made these games unbelievably more enjoyable. In conclusion, they're all good but platinum has more to do, so its BETTER.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • I actually don't care much for the Sinnoh games, but if I had to pick one, it would definitely be Platinum, mainly because the battles aren't as insanely slow as Diamond and Pearl.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
  • I actually never play Diamond or Pearl though but I saw my brother plays it so Platinum would definitely an answer. It had more thing to do and had more legendaries to catch. The gym leaders has the pokemons based on the badge they will give you rather than a mixed in diamond and pearl.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2023
    Hmm, let me think about it. I'd have to say, Platinum, Not only because you can catch all 3 Legendary Pokemon, but because like the Duskwire said, "I like how it's suped-up DP, and it's still Sinnoh

I picked Platinum because its the first game I finished, anyway, defeated the Elite 4
    I have Diamond and Pearl too, but I haven't really played them much. Not only that, but I gave them to my friends. So, I can't really say for sure.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Definitely Platinum. I tend to favour the third versions over the first two because they really get their acts together and make it into a really good, story-and-features-enhanced version of the games you already love.

Years
  • I agree with Andrew (Shining Raichu). Platinum was awesome and it really pushed me to the limit, I loved collecting the extra Pokemon of the Sinnoh Pokedex too (I'm already training a Yanma I traded from SS because I always had trouble catching them in the Great Marsh, they kept escaping and breaking out of the Safari Balls I throw at them). Plus, Dawn looks cuter than she did in D/P.

Although Platinum wasn't really my best 4th Gen game.

MuffinPaula

「PONPON!? ??
    Years
  • Hmm well I have 2 equally:
    Platinum:

I like this game because I love the character designs, I also love the rival Barry who's always in a rush. The Pokedex is also bigger and better to understand =__=. The Poketch is also really useful. I even like most of the Pokemon

HGSS:

I love the characters too. The rival is also epic. Also the graphics were cool.Even the storyline. I love how we can walk with our Pokemon. Another thing is after the game we play a whole nother region so we don't have to be bored. Usually most Pokemon games after you finish with it, the game becomes boring.

Rio448

Hoenn Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    Platinum of course, it's basically Diamond and Pearl but with more features

Matsu Razu

Your Loyal Illusionist
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    I like Heart Gold because it's a remake of the original Pokemon Gold which I loved, but because it can't interact with the DS games and is terrible quality I don't play it anymore. But in the remake I can ^^

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Platinum is by the far my favourite because it has 70 or so more pokemon available during the playthrough giving more variety

Back