• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which game is your favorite, and why?

Years
  • I have all three. Platinum is definitely my favorite.
    I remember how hyped I was for its release. The trailers, etc were so epic. ;-;
    And, then, when I played it . . . ugh. It was everything I hoped it would be and MORE. I absolutely love everything introduced in it. :D

syotipoke

Nub3r Whatever
    Years
  • Platinum. As with all third versions, it's got a souped-up story and more features.

Battle Frontier, anyone?

Yambo

Power Seeker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2019
    For me platinum wins i hate the destortion world. But overall its better espacially after you cleared the main story :)

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Platinum, by far. It was the game that got me back into Pokemon, and it fixed some of the issues with D/P, primarily the battle and surfing speed. ^.^

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
    Years
  • Tbh I'm not a real fan of any Generation IV games, but if I must pick Diamond.I like simple better and I like Dialga better than Palkia.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    For a while Pearl was my favorite because "its the pink one". LOL.
    But after I got over that and saw Platinum would be coming out, I bought it and now it is my favorite of the DPPt games. All the snow and the changes in the story line were fun. It's the only generation 4 game I still play often.

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
    Years
  • I prefer Platinum out of the 3, cause there were more Fire Pokemon (D/P only had Chimchar and evos and Ponyta/Rapidash). Plus there was more to do like Distorted World, Looker, Charon, a thicker story of Team Galactic, the ability to own a Villa and buy stuff for it, the ability to re-battle gym leaders, the ability to chase all 3 dragons, and you can buy poffins instead of just making them (I stunk at making them :/ ). There are probably more stuff that I forgot. Out of Diamond and Pearl, I like Diamond cause Diagla is a Steel/Dragon and Palkia isn't the first Water/Dragon (I think Kingdra was).

brandoneball

Victini!
    Years
  • I love my Poke'mon Diamond. I love Sinnoh and I love all the Poke'mon in it. My favorite Poke'mon is Lucario, though, which you can get in the game. Poke'mon Diamond doesn't seem like that old of a game, I turn it on and feel like I'm playing something from this year, that's just how much fun it is!

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I think way more than most will agree with Platinum. Being the reason to have more Pokemon to catch, more stuff to do, and capturing both Palkia & Dialga in the same game rather than separate. I had Pearl and still have Diamond, but want Platinum pretty badly. My nephew has the game and I'm just jealous that he has a better Sinnoh game than me for the longest time. I'll eventually get Platinum soon, to have a blast with it!

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2012
    Platinum! I like the Distortion World... it was a fun puzzle. Also, the expanded storyline was refreshing. Hm.. and it just sounds cooler. :)

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • Platinum because of the addition of the Battle Frontier, more pokemon added to the pokedex and allowed to rematch the Gym Leaders and fighting a powered-up Elite Four

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    Diamond, because although Platinum added a whole bunch of new features, it got hard and somewhat dull to me, and Diamond was the first Pokemon game I played, so it has a nostalgia effect to me

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I'd rather say Platinum, but at the same time Pearl was my very first 4th gen game I got, and I played more with it than with Platinum, and it's with it that I felt all this magic to discover new Pokémons.
    But Platinum has more features and a better storyline, so we can say that it's more complete. And personally, I prefer complete games, so my choice go for Platinum !

Back