• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which game is your favorite, and why?

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2014
    Platinum. I prefer Dialga over Giratina but the other parts of Platinum just make it better. The extended storyline, bonus features, Torn World, etc.

Doogle3097

Hola.
    Years
  • Diamond, it was my first full Pokemon experience, and Platinum was amazing but I sort of did it all in one go whereas Diamond I did a bit at a time and was a total noob so I have fond memories of getting through the game with the help of my friends.

EDIT: Oh is this including SS/HG? If so SS is hands down my favourite Pokemon game.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    I'd have to agree with most of you, Platinum has more features. All of the games; however, are really long and dragged out, now depending on how you like to train your Pokemon that can be helpful or not. I like having under-leveled Pokemon for the challenge and I find these games really push you towards having a stacked team. Strangely enough, I liked that and made these games unbelievably more enjoyable. In conclusion, they're all good but platinum has more to do, so it's better.

Years
  • Lol, everyone seems to prefer Platinum.

Though D/P/Pt will have a special place in my heart, and so will R/S/E, I'll have to go with Pokemon White. Such a kick ass game and I haven't even beaten it yet. I've only had it a few days and love how they went in this new direction. And unlike most, I think *most* the pokemon look good.

Years
  • This, in my opinion, was the worst generation, but that doesn't make it bad. It's still enjoyable. My favorite is Platinum, with the same reasons stated before by other trainers.

Nomine

サトセレ
    Years
  • In my honest opinion, Pokémon Platinum was my favorite. They made a lot of necessary changes in it from Diamond and Pearl. All of them were really good, but Platinum just beats them by a fraction.

laccey

xooooo
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2013
    i really enjoyed pearl since it was the first gen 4 game i got, but now that i've given more attention to my platinum cartridge i'm loving it just a bit more.

it seems there's more to do after the E4 and i like the battle frontier section a lot more than in diamond or pearl. and distortion world and giratina were nice additions. ^^

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    I also like Pokemon platinum, but I liked it because of the new Pokemon sprites & enhanced animations. I have no idea why, now that I think about it, it sounds a bit dumb. But back then, the sprites + animations really blew my mind.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    Soul Silver all the way! But this wasn't my favorite generation I liked the third generation games more...dunno why....

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
    Years
  • Out of D/P/Pt Platinum is by far my favourite, it's everything Diamond and Pearl should of been. I don't mean the Distortion World, that is purely platinum only, but the other enhancements should of been in Diamond and Pearl, in my opinion.

If you are including HG/SS then HG is my favourite because obviously I played the originals which were fantastic and playing them with modern graphics just made them better.

And if its out of everything then, It would be 3rd Gen by far. Emerald is the greatest pokemon game, and LeafGreen was fantastic too.

TEAM BLUE

Friendly Trainer
    Years
  • Diamond...It was my first Pokemon ds game so of course I'll like it.XD And I remember the day getting it and all.XD Even right now i play it more then Platinum!:D

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    Deja Vu` umm I'd definitely say soul silver! There is a ton to do in HG/SS had me hooked for awhile.

Kyogia

Just a Pleasant Piplup
    Years
  • Out of the three games, I'd choose Platinum. Like you said, it has more features than the others and you can catch both. It's the middle game of the generation (just like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald.)

xGunLuis

Let's Player
    Years
  • i'd have to choose platinum because going into that shadow world to get giratina was literally the best thing i did in the whole game :D besides beating it in 1 day :)

frosting

Inactive Account PM if Wanted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2012
    Platinum. Mostly because you don't have to go through the whole fighting the Starly thing.
    I also just love Sinnoh...and the snow everywhere...lol
    I don't know why, but I love the noise the snow makes when you're player walks in it.

Back