• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which game is your favorite, and why?

Juicy

Bone to be wild!
Years
  • Platinum all the way. I'm not sure whether it was just good timing of w.e but I never really got into Pearl but when Platinum came along I loved it. I still love Platinum, it's an awesome game. That and Emerald would probably be my two favourites all together so yeah, it certainly comes before Diamond and Pearl.

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
    Years
  • Mine is probably Pearl. It's the game that I've put the most effort into and couldn't/wouldn't restart due to that. I'm proud of my little achievements there. Heart Gold and Platinum come in second because of the Pokeathlon/Pokemon-walking-with-character and the improvements, respectively.

Sonicfan9988

Sonic, Hilda & Rosa! ♥
    Years
  • My main fave is Platinum! My main fave things about it are the Battle Frontier and the Distortion World! As a matter of fact, I have been playing Platinum the most lately out of all of the Pokemon games that I have.

Years
  • Diamond, it was my first pokemon game. I was a wee little lass, just about to go to grade six.
    Though Ruby was pretty cool. It was technically the first pokemon game I played, over at a friends house.

Years
  • Platinum is my favorite of the three. I got it over Diamond when I had the chance just because of the extra features and expanded storyline of the game. It always bothered me that there was no Battle Frontier in Sapphire, so I figured I wouldn't make that mistake again and get the 3rd version.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2013
    You can not compare with DP as Pt.
    Pt is remake version, it must allways better than DP.
    I like Platinum because it better DP.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Diamond is my favourite. I never played Pearl so it's right out and when I played Platinum, although I liked my team more than my overall team in Diamond, I had SUCH TERRIBLE LUCK with battles. I swear that every attack that had a chance, no matter how miniscule, to inflict a status ailment on me? It'd connect. So I spent the entire game either confused, poisoned, sleeping, etc. I used all my money on status healing items. :( I also got hit with so many critical hits. It was seriously ridiculous. My luck kind of turned around and what was supposed to be my first "fight the E4 until they die and let myself white out so I can do it again for EXP" run ended up being the one I beat the game on because I finally got crit hits on my end but... god. That game was tough for me. XD;

I was a lot more relaxed playing Diamond and I ended up completing the Pokedex in it so it'll always have a special place in my heart. :>

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I've actually started playing Platinum, so that would have to get my vote by default. Reading about Diamond and Pearl - especially things like the tiny Sinnoh PokeDex and the weird-ass Elite Four - meant I'd probably not have liked them in any event, but Platinum so far has been kinda cool. Now just to wait it out until Friday to get my Driflim!

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2015
    I'm going to agree with you there, I like Platinum the best. I guess it's because I think Lucas is the coolest looking trainer in that one though. His clothes just got super cool and he looks like a serious guy, more so than all the others. I could see him being a Pokemon Champion. Red too, but I respect Lucas more. But the original Gold, I remember being younger and the wonderful feeling I had starting a new adventure after I beat Red version and it was so much fun.
    Being older now, I'll say Platinum. The younger me would totally go with Gold though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Like so many others in this thread, Pokemon Platinum is my favorite. I enjoy the fact that the pokemon seem to be more diverse than in D/P, the battle frontier, and the fact that there is more to do after the main storyline is done.

Rocket-Dock

Dragonite Trainer
    Years
  • Heart Gold, I love the way how pokemon folows you, and the old feelings of GSC comes back when I play this game.

hiiro-kun

DEAD ACCOUNT
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2012
    Defiantly some of my favourite games!
    I'd say Platinum because of the upgrades, new Pokémon in the area, and how every gym leader & elite has their correct type (i.e. Sunnyshore's what-his-face and Ronald McDonald Flint having some normal types)

Years
  • at the risk of sounding condescending
    besides the weaker E4, slightly different gym order and some mild usually inferior graphical stuff .... I dont see why one would ever pick DP over Pt

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I really liked Soul Silver for a lot of reasons, the walking Pokemon and being a Johto remake was a large reason, returning to Johto, to where I started playing Pokemon was great. Great graphics, music, legendaries, I liked everything about the game pretty much, Diamond and Pearl were good, but honstly Id replay HG/SS over them.

Back