• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which game should I buy?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2013
    I have only played Red, Blue and Yellow. Granted, I've played them many many....many times, but I've never been interested in playing anything but the first ones. I completed the pokedex in Red a few weeks ago and now I think I'm ready to move on .

I have all the gameboy consoles and a DS so I really have the option to get any game but I don't know where to start. It seems natural for me to go for the next generation (being gold and silver) because I like playing on my GBC, but should I go straight for the DS remakes?

Yeah its cool playing the old ones on the throwback consoles but in the end it just comes down to which one I will enjoy playing most.

All these new regions and pokemon are a little overwhelming having been stuck in Kanto for the past 12 years lol, so I need some guidance!

So which should I buy next? I need suggestions!

Which game is most fun?!?!?

Years
  • I say go for Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Those games kept my interest more than any other Pokemon game has - I was literally still playing them years after their release as if they were still brand new games haha. The graphics jump back then was major and we were able to go to Kanto (nostalgia trip!) right after we finished with Johto, making it a pretty long game.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Black/White has the best multi-player features by far, if you care about that. Much more to do after you beat the game.

WarGreymon-X

Ultimate Nerd
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jun 18, 2014
    I say go straight to Heart Gold or Soul Silver. The old school Silver, Gold and Crystal are extremely fun but you do have a DS, I say take the next step, graphic wise. I personally loved Red, Gold and Sapphire. For some reason I have not enjoyed the recent iterations of the games. In fact I never memorized the names of the regions in diamond or white, and I own both games! I don't even know the names of most 5th gen Pokemon...

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2013
    I've heard good things about heart gold. Whats the deal with the pokewalker? Does it make things easier? Whats the point?

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • Pokewalker is kind of a gimmicky (but still kinda cool) little device that goes in your pocket when your not playing, and counts your steps. You can put a Pokémon in it, and basically use it as a day care, with each step equaling 1 point of XP. You can also use these steps, converted to Wats (10 steps = 1 Wat). These can be used to find Pokémon, and items on the device.

When your done, you place your Pokewalker next to your DS, and your Pokémon, and any items your found get transfered back to your game.

It's pretty usefull for finding pokemon earler on in the game than your would usualy.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You've gotten some good answers here so far, so I don't think I have any more input on this. If you have more questions about the games mentioned though, please ask in their respective Q&A threads (like HeartGold questions in 4th Generation, Emerald questions in Advance Gen, etc). Good luck in buying!

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back