• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Gamecube games should a new Gamecube owner get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Need for Speed: Underground 1 and 2
    Street Racing Syndicate
    -Misc others that I don't know about XD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Kipkip is right. If it was me I would wait a year and get the Revolution since it plays GC games too.

But if you have 100 bucks and you want the GC then here is games I own/played that I really like and would be good buys.

Super Smash Brothers Melee
    If you buy 1 game out there, make it this game. It's my fav game of all time and it will be the one of the Rev comes out (if the one on the Rev is better, but it's hard to beat SSBM).

If you like Sonic games then try
    Sonic Heroes
    and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
    (I myself liked Sonic Adventure 2 better then Sonic Heroes). Both fun and good games, if you're going to pick only one then go Sonic Adventure 2 because it is more fun.

If you're into Star Wars or like flying games then go with
    Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike

Tt is a great game and my fav flying game out there.

Star Fox Adventures
    and Star Fox Assault.
    Both a little too short for my tastes but you might like them.

Mario Kart Double Dash
    It's a good game, better if you got someone to play with. The two player mode in this game is great.

Tales of Symphonia
    The only GC game I want to play that's out right now. An 8.8/10 rating on GameSpot, the GC's main RPG game. Lots of people say it's a great game, it's some game you should look into and think about getting.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Revolution has a Q2 / Q3 relese date. So basically a year of waiting IF there's no delays =/

Super_Lawliet

An eye for an eye my friend
    Years
    The Lord Of the Rings: The Third Age

It's an amazing game with the battle engie that's like the FF games.

Luigi's Mansion

If you want a few laughs

The Wind Waker

If you want a talking boat

Zoids: Battle Legends

I thought it was a good game...you might enjoy it

Years
    Get the Mario Kart Double Dash Bundle or the Super Smash Bros Bundle.
    and I recamend you pick up a wireless Wavebird controler aswell.
    good games to pick up:
    The other one tht you don't get in the bundle (Super Smash Bros or Double Dash)
    Tales of Symponia
    Mario Power Tenis
    Starfox Assult (might be short, but fun!)
    Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (You need Bongos for it to be really fun.)
    Donkey Konga (If your gonna get the set of Bongo's might as well get this that comes with em')
    Paper Mario 2 (Crump rox)

I've still yet to get Smash Bros.....*sigh*

Thine Eyes Deception

Comeback Kid!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2012
    If you're a Mario fan, you should get either Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Mario Power Tennis, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door or Super Mario Sunshine. If you're a Pokemon fan, you should get Pokemon Colosseum. If you're just a basic Nintendo fan, you should get Super Smash Bros. Melee. Or, if you want a title without major-league characters, you should get Animal Crossing.

Casual Billy

Wargreymon: Miracle Mega
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    On second thought, you should probably wait until Revo comes out. It's gonna play Gamecube games and is probably gonna be less than $300. If you really just want to spend $100, though, I guess you'd still want to go with the Cube. But, the real reason behind this post is that I have another suggestion!

Skies of Arcadia:

It's very entertaining once you get past the lacklustre graphics as the gameplay, battle styles (especially ship battles; haven't seen that anywhere else), and story are great. I just finished the game, and am now wishing that I hadn't. I was that enthralled. And it's only $20!

Robotech: Battlecry

That game is really difficult but at the same time extremely fun and addicting. Even when a mission is like impossible, you'll find yoursefl coming back over and over until you finally beat it without even getting frustrated. I loved this game so much that I went out and bought a DVD of the show (which is not really saying much as I just happened to see it at a pharmacy and decided to buy it because it was only $2.99, but that's besides the point! or is it? Whatever, this parenthetical comment has lasted way too long).

Alright, that's it.

Casual Billy

Wargreymon: Miracle Mega
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    It's your choice, but I say just go with Revo. That rhymed, I think it means you have to do it now.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    If you are going to get a GC then you should get a used one like you said. You'll spend a lot less on the GC, you'll be using it for like a year anyway (that's kind of a short life span on a system to buy a new one). So no need to buy a new one.
    And on top of that you might have a hard time searching for GC games next year. So go with a used one and play it till the Rev comes out then you can sell the GC and make a little money off of it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    A lot of places up here (Canada...) are selling Gamecube bundles. Since I've seen the Canadian Best Buys advertising it, I assume it can't be all that much different in the US. But anyway, the bundles here consist of a Gamecube, Tales of Symphonia, and your choice of one more "Player's Choice" game... of which there is quite a selction (namely LoZ: Wind Waker, since a lot of people recommend that). Again, I don't know if there are any deals similar in the States, but there must be somewhere. If not, then yes, I would agree that you should go for a previously owned GCN--especially if you're planning to get the Revolution.

Anyway, as for games, in my totally biased opinion, you should get Tales of Symphonia, especially if you like RPGs as the Gamecube is a system that's rather lacking in that department... so TOS is definitely a good bet for that. As others have said, Super Smash Brothers Melee is another good one... basically since it's a game pretty much anyone can get, so it's great for when people are over and it's also just a great game all around. For racing... well, I myself didn't really enjoy Mario Kart Double Dash. It was just too complicated for a racing game. Other people seemed to like it, though, so it might not be so bad. :\ Paper Mario 2 (The Thousand Year Door) is another really good game. You don't even need to have played the first one, since this one is self-sufficient and it really is a good game. ^^; Pokemon Colloseum isn't that great... so I'd only suggest it if you're a mega Pokemon fan. x_o; It's fun, but it gets redundant pretty quickly imo...

Really, I'd suggest getting your 'cube with a few staple games (read as: Super Smash Brothers) and then go out and rent a few different games, figure out what you like, and then go it from there. ^^; That way if you don't like something, you aren't stuck with it and you've still got money for other games that you like more.

Years
    Arcanine said:
    If you are going to get a GC then you should get a used one like you said. You'll spend a lot less on the GC, you'll be using it for like a year anyway (that's kind of a short life span on a system to buy a new one). So no need to buy a new one.
    And on top of that you might have a hard time searching for GC games next year. So go with a used one and play it till the Rev comes out then you can sell the GC and make a little money off of it.
    Arcanine... I was thinking exactly what you said. I have some video game places in my area and I know where to look for a used, but good Gamecube. Heck, I was searching for a used GC on Amazon before I came here.

Also, since the good games have been out for at least a year or two, they are cheap to get as well. So, I can go to EB Games and get some of them for the price of 2 new GC games.

But about selling the GC... I think I'll hang onto it. I have a few friends in my neighborhood that WANT to play the Gamecube. So, I'll let them borrow it while I have the Revolution. XD

Seth30

charmander FREAK
    Years
    I recomend:

Animal Crossing
    VERY ADDICTING

Sonic adventure 2 battle
    Who cant resist chaos

Super mario sunshine
    Good all around game

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Animal Crossing can get boring after awhile =/ Its fun to have some friends in your village ^0^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back