• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which games do you have?

What 4th gen game did you get?

• Diamond

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Pearl

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Platinum

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • HeartGold

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • SoulSilver

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Simple - what 4th gen games do you have? And which one did you like the best and so forth?

Myself, I have Diamond, Platinum and SoulSilver (I bought my sister HG). For partly nostalgia reasons I'll have to say I prefer SS, although there's a few other reasons too imo (more to do in HGSS with Kanto, better music imo, Pokealthon is imo more enjoyable that 4th gen contests too, and so forth).

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • I have HG and SS. They are both good games, it brings you back to the golden days. It never gets old, and I like the fact that they made Red's team ALOT higher levels that the previous games when he was an optional boss.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I have Platinum, Pearl and Soul Silver. I liked all of those games and I think they're pretty awesome, but I preferred Soul Silver because it included the Kanto region and it also had some really good music with it.

Years
  • got heartgold today :)
    im actually really satisfied with the fact that its just a revamped version of my old gold/crystal games when i was little

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I've got only Pearl and HG. I kiinda want SS, but really there's no point in me getting that now. Won't be getting Diamond 'cause I already have Dialga on HG, and I won't be getting Platinum 'cause... well, I don't like Sinnoh. XD;

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • I have diamond, platinum and heart gold,
    Dont see the point of having pearl or soul silver

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I have Pearl, Platinum & SoulSilver.

SoulSilver is my favourite out of the three games, due to Johto & Kanto being much more appealing reigons to me, also prefer the music of the game etc.

I don't really use my pearl though, it doesn't even have any saved data on it anymore, as for my platinum I still need to beat Cynthia but I am just using it to catch and transfer pokemon I desire for my 5th gen game.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I have Diamond, Platinum and HeartGold. I originally had SoulSilver, then swapped it. Which was a waste of money...and whilst I love Donphan, Gligar etc. I also want to use Delibird, Ursaring and Skarmory...and tbh, Bell Tower isn't any more epic than Whirl Islands once you realise that the people of Ecruteak barely even noticed you.

I bought Diamond because, well, I liked the look of Dialga better. Tbh, I think I should just stick to tactics like this - I've never regretted owning Diamond.

I then bought Platinum when I'd just rediscovered and restarted my Diamond...stupidly leaving me with no progress. Still, running through with two starters was cool.

Overall, my favourite's probably Diamond. Nostalgia - I still knew next to nothing compared to what I know now. I also don't struggle to decide on my team, as there's less choice (this often screws over Platinum and HeartGold runs). And sure, it's slow, GTS doesn't work (has it ever?), a lot of the graphics are awful, the Elite Four are rubbish and there's no Battle Frontier...but I love it all the same.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • I only have Diamond, but I do have a gameboy advance with gold and silver! They can never improve the GBC games!!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I have all but diamond. I got pearl first, but I lost it while moving house. I then got platinum, which I still have, but I don't play it at all. I then got soulsilver, which I lost in a tragic bus accident. Finally, I got heartgold, which I still occasionally play. My favorite would be platinum.

Years
  • I have Diamond, HeartGold and Platinum. I bought Diamond shortly after it was released in the US, HeartGold the day it was released in the US and Platinum, in the summer of last year, when I had a lot of cash to blow on things I didn't really need.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I own Diamond, Platinum, and HeartGold. My brother got the ones I didn't get, so together we have them all, but I've never bothered to play his games and he's not allowed to touch mine. :P

My favourite was Diamond, because it was my first introduction to Cherrim and it's the first game I legitimately completed the Pokédex in.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2011
    Both HG&SS, Pearl and I literally bought Platinum off eBay about 5 minutes ago :D
    I'm excited for platinum because you can access all 4 of the legendary Golums and basically its the only version i have never played.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Legally I own HG and SS. Illegally.. I own all o.o. Id like to get Platinum for the DS, so I have my own hard copy, and since emulators screens are so small on DS's, but Ill probably wait another month or so~

Back