• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Gaming Moments Are Most Meaningful To You?

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
    Years
    Hello everyone! Which moments in gaming hit you especially hard? Moments that maybe you learned a good piece of advice, or maybe it's a cut scene that keeps coming to your mind during hard times? I have quite a few gaming moments like this throughout my life.

One such moment happened when I was 10 years old, when I was playing through Final Fantasy X for the first time. I immediately related to the summoner, Yuna, who is a main character in the game. One of her lines keeps coming to my head quite often, especially when I'm upset:

"I've learned to practice smiling, even when I'm feeling sad, you know?"

If this is not a direct quote then it's very close to what she said. This part of the game struck me because Yuna is a woman who is facing evil straight in the face during her journey, and then she goes and says this. What she said about smiling is a true principle and it works. I've learned many great values and morals from video games.

What about the rest of you? What are your gaming moments? Also, if we could keep the spoilers out of our responses that would be great. However, if you need to mention a spoiler please indicate that in your post so that we may be warned. :)

Years
    @SuperSmashBros
    ~ watching the Ice Climbers bounce off my TV screen in KO
    ~ getting that hammer haft with the fly-off hammer

@DonkeyKong 64
    ~ the DK Rap

@ most skateboarding games
    ~ wipeout related

Having experienced some sepia monitor PC gaming before Windows 3.1 existed

mrpopo1701

Josh Varela
    Years
    I can relate to final fantasy X also I played it as a kid and love the game I still do play throughs of the game today. There were some hard hitting moments in that game. Another game for me was Kingdom heats where Sora sacrifices himself to revive Kiri ( pretty sure I spelt her name wrong), It hit me deep. (SPOILERS) The part at the end of the game where it shows that they can not be together and shows that Kiri accepts Sora as a partner was so touching. one of the many games that gave me feeling while growing up.

Yukari

There are many moments that I hold dear. One of the biggest was from Megaman X when I finally completed the game. I will never forget that because I was only 8 and it was the first time I ever completed a video game.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    Probably a WTF moment.

I mean, well, it's a WTF moment, something you can never, ever get it out of your head. Like you, the protagonist, being the antagonist, or even one of your party members become the final boss.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Last edited:

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
    Years
    I don't think I've played any of the games that you guys have mentioned! :( I a big nintendo fan, probably why haha.

Another good gaming memory that I have is beating your rival in Pokemon Red and Blue for the first time. Goodness that was a good feeling, because him and the Elite Four were tough! It was a great journey :). I would love to hear more of your stories so please keep them coming!

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
    Years
    I can think of a bunch of moments from Mass Effect 3 alone. Mass Effect 3 spoilers ahead.

Spoiler:

I can probably think of a bunch of other games, but I don't feel really feel like typing it up right now. Maybe I'll come back and do it later.

Years
    MGS3
    Some stuff said about a person.
    Near the end.

Mass Effect.
    Throughout the game(s) various things.

Final Fantasy Tactics.
    A couple of things involving some stuff.

Assassins Creed Blackflag.
    Somethings that didn't hit me until I played this.
    Right in the feels.

Captain America: Super soldier.
    'Was actually really boring, and had horrible voice acting.
    After accomplishing things Cap would down-play his actions,
    and even the actions of his fellow soldiers. Kind of opened my eyes
    and mind to the 'disposable male' complex.
    The concept hadn't really occured to me much before playing this.

Saints Row4
    The character customization options really mean a lot to me.
    It's not often a game lets me pick my skin to be blue,
    allow me to be an elf, have whatever size tits I want,
    and have a male voice matched to a female character.
    (Inspired by Doctor Girlfriend)

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I really latch on to some of the scenes and script from the two N64 Zelda titles. But, in particular for me... the temple of time right before pulling the Master Sword for the first time.

I was in there when I learned that my grandmother had died. And that crosses my mind every time I replay the game.

Years
    Oh and I almost forgot.
    Which Gaming Moments Are Most Meaningful To You?

Every moment of Deadpool means the world to me,
    because it makes me a number of emotions at various times.

Spoiler:

Ume_Meganekko

Ume Meganekko ◕ ◡ ◕
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    For me was also a FFX moment, before Yunalesca's battle. Auron says this: " Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" Since then, for me live is fight the sorrow.

Back