• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Gender do you pick?

~V~

"Winds of a New Beginning"
Years
  • Since Crystal there has been a Male protagonist and a Female protagonist. Which gender do you normally pick?

Ever since I was little I was forced to pick the girl character by my older brother. It has become a habit and now I always pick the female character whenever I have a chance. Plus the female characters look so much cooler than the male ones.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • It varies. It's a whimsical decision I make on the fly every time I start a new game. Sometimes I just feel like telling the professor that I'm a boy and other times I feel like telling the professor that I'm a girl. My actual gender has little to do with it. XD

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
  • Male first, but more often then not I make a female character shortly after to see what it's like.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    I usually swap around every time - if I used a female character the last time, I'll switch to the male one, and vice versa. It just makes it a little bit more interesting, I suppose.

Years
  • I always play as a female (I started playing in the 3rd Gen)

It's because I am female in real life.

I've been doing it in the 5 main series games I played.

Spoiler:

~V~

"Winds of a New Beginning"
    Years
  • It would seem that the majority of people pick their character's gender based on their own. Guess I'm just weird :P.

Years
  • I usually pick the male mostly because I myself am a guy but I also find the male protagonists (especially Black) to be kind of cute so that's always there.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I pick whichever sprite looks better. And if I've picked said person too much and I'm tired of seeing the sprite for them, I'll pick the other gender for a change of pace. More often than not, I pick the opposite gender.

Years
  • Male... because I am a male... BUT in crystal I did pick the female one, because it was new at the time and she looked cool xD

Years
  • Am I male or female? Male.
    Do I pick male or female? Male.

It's as simple as that -_- I honestly do not like it when people choose different genders.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • I've always chosen female. I played as a male once in sapphire just to see what it was like, and I actually found the game more boring, haha! I still have the male character in sapphire, but I don't really play it anymore. But when I'm forced to (like in Red/Blue/Yellow/Silver/Gold) I don't really mind being a male. Actually, I honestly can't imagine not being a male in those generations. Even when I play FR and my SS, I choose male. It's just awkward if I don't.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Mostly I chose male, but sometimes just for fun I choose May, because she's my favorite female character from pokemon.

edward13two

Experienced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • WV
    • Seen Jun 27, 2012
    I always pick the male trainer. Mainly because I'm a boy, but also because I've always picked the male trainer. On my Pokemon Platinum, my character's a female but only because the game was my sister's.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I'm a girl, so I pick the girl. It's easier to indentify oneself with the trainer who is the same gender as you are.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
  • Well, I've generally always chosen male characters, given that I am male myself, so yeah. Though when the option to actually be able to select your trainer's gender was added, it seemed interesting to pick a female character, and so I did with Crystal, and honestly, I think the sprite looked way cooler than the male one, which seemed very much bland. However, after that, pretty much all the time, I go with a male character.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'm used to picking the male trainer for the most part but I started out as a female in Platinum recently so I'm doing something different for a change in there even if it is a one time thing.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    I'm usually a male. I try to portray myself in the world of pokemon but they don't have the option to change skin color yet so I try to get as close as I can to myself lol

Back