• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Which generation 1 pokemon is best

JOBO

o/_\O
Years
  • I really liked Dragonite back in the gen 1 days. It was a tough one to train, but the power that came with it was awesome! I always thought Lance was really cool and had fun destroying him with my own Dragonite. :P

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
    Years
  • Starmie takes the cake for me.

Which generation 1 pokemon is best

Such a deadly diverse movepool and massive speed. I love its design too, like a piece of cosmic jewellery brought to life.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I love Sandslash. My Sandslash from Yellow was taking Surf and Ice Beam to the face and shrugging it off :)

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Many Generation I Pokémon were quite interesting.

Mr. Mime, probably. It's a Fairy, I like its design and its animation, and I love using it in battle.

If Alolan Forms count, then Exeggutor.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    My favorite is Clefable. It's normal type, but it's moveset has such a variety. It's useful, adorable, practical..I just love it to pieces.
    Which generation 1 pokemon is best
    I give mine Psychic to cover it's Fighting type weakness, then Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, and Toxic.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I liked using electric types the most, mainly because I remember Thunder being such an effective move against most types. I also loved using Pidgeot because it's attacks were quite powerful against pretty much everyone I faced.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    I don't know about best, but I adore Rapidash.
    As well as Rapidash though, I always thought Lapras was super rad. :)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Gengar and Starmie are my two favourites from Kanto. Both have awesome designs and are extremely viable, especially with the limitations RBY had back then.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Maybe not the best, 'best for me'
    Generation 1, mostly Flareon for me, the one I train and use is very good on battles
    second very closely is Ninetales

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Why you guys are only looking in their body style. Better look their power.
    It all depends on how you want to interpret "best" though. If you ask because you want to know which 1st Gen pokémon is the best and strongest you can use in the games, you'll get some answers. If you ask what pokémon we simply like best for all kinds of reasons, other answers will pop up. As Firox put it, best for me~!

Best for use in the games, from what I noticed, might be Nidoking, Alakazam and Hypno. Generally psychic types since they're so OP in Gen 1 haha. Nidoking was somehow so satisfying to use, maybe because it could learn Earthquake and it was awesome? (8

But design wise there's Raichu and Charmeleon and Starmie and Flareon and Bulbasaur and Scyther and a ton others <3 I can't really pick one fav.

Back