• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Generation is your favorite?

What was your favorite generation?

• Gen. I

Votes: 29 23.0%
  • Gen. II

Votes: 60 47.6%
  • Gen. III

Votes: 22 17.5%
  • Gen. IV

Votes: 15 11.9%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2009
    all of them exept gen 4

gen 4 is full of ugly pokemons and uglier people

the only sexy ONES ARE the butler from the battle castle(yes he is sexy)

and Lucian

The eight gym leader
    but the rest are ewww
    and the gen 4 pokemons exept for glaceon and glinsor are ewww

glinsor Reminds me of Edward cullen when he turns into a bat

this is the only gen full of ugly weak pokemons.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I can't choose because I like all of the generations. If I had to eliminate one off the spot right now it would have to be generation 2 because it only had 1 ghost type Pokemon which sucks a lot also not that many Pokemon appealed to me as the others do in the other generations

:t354:TG

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
    I can never choose between the first and the second generation D: But if i had to i would choose the first. Mostly because most of my favorite legendarys and normal Pokemon are in it.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I also dislike Hoen, I never took any interest to any of the starters and I didn't like the region as much as Kanto or Johto. I liked Sinnoh better as well. My favorite is a dead tie between Johto and Kanto because I would consider myself a Kanto boy. First and Second generation were my favorite.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    1st and 2nd. I vote Johto, because G/S/C are good games and in these games I can catch every pokémon (Celebi with glitch). I can trade pokémon with gbc emulator but with No$gba I can't trade.

vudw

Nocturnal Insomnia
    Years
    Johto is a definite for me. I loved the feel of the game and how it looked, and my Quiliva/Lanturn combination was something to fear. I breezed through the elite four my first time through. Good times...

Hoenn had some okay pokemon, but not many. Sinnoh was an awesome landscape layout, but Johto prevails in the Kanto addition of the GSC games. The first series was great as a kid, and I played each game from each series through on two different games of the series (apart from LeafGreen/FireRed where I just played LF).

Lash

Years
    G1, hands down. I like Pokémon from all generations, but I have a special sort of bond with Kanto Pokémon because that's where I got my start as a Pokémon fan.

Here I am, almost ten years and three Pokémon generations later, still a fan.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I like gen IV as HGSS are also a part of the IVth generation and I really was a big fan of the II gen games who are now being remade in the fourth generation. If this thread about comparison between the Generations are based on the DESIGN of the pokemon then I think that gen I wins very easily!:)

Ayselipera

I'm not sure if I like Kanto or Johto better they're tied for me.
    Next is Hoenn and then... Sinnoh the worst generation of pokemon.

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    I don't hate any generation specificaly, but the ones I most like are the 2nd and the 3rd, maybe because that's the order I played in them. I don't really see what Kanto has of so perfect that Hoenn doesn't. I like all regions to the same but anyway, I'm voting for Johto.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    It's really hard to choose, actually. There's basically a close tie between the first, second and fourth generations, and the third generation is probably the worst in everyone's general opinion. That's probably because of the bad, messy and murky sprites as well as the bad graphics, but if everything had been revamped to look more like the D/P/Pt games, it would probably be one of my most favourite generations out there.

If I had to pick one generation... I'd pick Sinnoh.

Intensity

~ How Intense can it get? ~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2009
    Of course Gen 2 would get alot of votes. I'd go with Gen 3 because it got me into Pokemon and Hoenn's a fun place to be at. Gen 3 introduced some really good Pokemon like Salamence, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, and a whole bunch of other ones. I do actually like Gen 1 and Gen 4, but not so much for Gen 2. Why? I just don't really like the place all that much.

Maybe when HG/SS comes out I'll get into it more since it'll have all of those new features and graphics.

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
    Years
    Generation 1 will always be classic

Generation 2 is one of my favorites

In Generation 3 I only really liked Blaziken and Absol

I don't really care for Generation 4 pokemon

Years
    Generation 2 (Johto) will always be my favorite. Most of my favorite pokemon are in that region and Gold/Silver were the best.
    My second favorite would be Generation 1 (Kanto.) It's classic.

Back