• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which grass type is useful for HGSS?

Which grass type should I get in Soul Silver?

• Tangela>Tangrowth

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Oddish>Gloom>Vileplume

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Exeggcute>Exeggutor

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Bellsprout>Weepinbell>Victreebel

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Paras>Parasect

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Tangy for sure. I used to have one in a sunny day team.

It was pretty rad.

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
    I've never had a Paras or Parasect in my team in HG/SS but I did have the Paras line in FR and it was a bad addition to my team, Vileplume filled the spot much better.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I used Tangrowth a bit, and it was pretty useful. As long as you teach it a few good TMs, it's gonna be awesome.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Come on now, Exeggutor is not bad. Grass and psychic is a rare type, although its biggest weakness is bug, but oh well. Sometimes you can get the upper advantage like I did.

Years
    Tangela!!!

Yeah, I just really like him. He should be pretty good, but grass types are a hard thing for me to decide upon...

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    I have to say victorybell it very useful for me and has good grass moves like leaf blade and leaf storm.

Back