• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Which Gym Leader was the hardest to beat?

Which Gym Leader was the most difficult

• Falkner

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Bugsy

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Whitney

Votes: 123 58.3%
  • Morty

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Chuck

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Jasmine

Votes: 15 7.1%
  • Pryce

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Clair

Votes: 35 16.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noka

I'ma nerd
    Years
    Strangely, I didn't have that much trouble with Whitney; no...the one who gave my the most trouble was Falkner. He kept fainting my Chikorita over and over until I decided enough was enough. Geodude taught him a lesson.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Hmm....

Well if you prepare for Whitney and have played the game before she isn't that hard. But assuming you have played the game for the first time and have unprepared, she can be the hardest. Usually it's Clair for me. But that's just me. It all depends on what you pick for your team.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
    I got stuck on Morty and Whitney more than just a few times. ;n; Can't remember exactly what it was that killed me with Morty, but Whitney was a pain for ... well, obvious reasons. Stupid Miltank and stupid Rollout and stupid me being too lazy to grind. ;nnnn;

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
    Years
    From hardest to easiest
    1. Whitney
    2. Claire
    3. Morty
    4. Chuck
    5. Jasmine
    6. Pryce
    7. Bugsy
    8. Falkner

Ficher

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2012
    Whitney and her fat pink cow. It took me hours to beat her, and Miltank did not make it any easier. I then caught Nidoran or something and made it evolve and taught it Double Kick, and kicked that cow's ass.

ChaoticArchon

The First Generation Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    I don't see how Whitney is that difficult. People have been telling me for years that her Miltank made them cry out in pain. I've beaten that cow on the first time, almost every time with a bunch of different Pokemon: Slowpoke, Bayleef, Geodude, Onix, Sandshrew, Croconaw, Machop, Fearow, and even a Kadabra.

Hiyappu_Storm

Aqua Monkey Storm!
    Years
    Mine was Claire because back then I used to load my Tyranitar with fire type moves, making it incredibly hard to defeat her Kingdra.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't rememebr what I answered here last time, but the hardest gym leader by far is Bugsy. Omfg. Even if you have Cyndaquil/Quilava, that Scyther's Fury Cutter is EVIL.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    When it comes to Johto, they all went down easily. Except for Whitney. She was too hard. Took me a couple tries.

In Kanto, Blue is the hardest gym leader. The rest of them are pushovers compared to him.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Wow, um. :( Revived thread is revived...for quite a while. lol

Which Gym Leader was the hardest to beat?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back