• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

• Treecko

Votes: 110 42.3%
  • Torchic

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 94 36.2%

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years
  • Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

Which starter will you be choosing in the upcoming games? Will you choose Treecko, Torchic or Mudkip? :)​

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • TORCHIC FOREVER
    I love all of them but Torchic is always my bro. I'm sure I'll end up raising the others on different files but Torchic is gonna be the first of them~

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Treecko mainly for the challenge. Torchic and Mudkip have it too easy in that game. PLus he's the only one with personality in the Anime.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Treecko of course! It's my favorite Pokemon and to be able to revisit Hoenn with a Treecko in glorious 3D? How can I not turn that down.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Torchic. Not only because I always go fire, but also because of my eternal love-hate relationship with blaziken.

This will change if I find out that you can only get their mega stones through choosing the pokemon as a starter.

What? They'll definitely all get megas, right?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • TORCHIC FOREVER
    I love all of them but Torchic is always my bro. I'm sure I'll end up raising the others on different files but Torchic is gonna be the first of them~

This; there was no question about it. Number 255, Torchic! :t255: My first ever starter Pokemon, so of course I'll be using him again! Can't go wrong with a fighting firebird that kicks major butt. Oddly enough, I traditionally use Fire-type starter Pokemon (barring Pokemon Black 2/White 2 due to re-using Unova starters), but I'm adamant on selecting Sapphire/AlphaSapphire.. I probably have the worst combination for battle (Blaziken will be hindered by Kyogre's Drizzle, as opposed to the better combinations of Groudon's Drought augmenting Sceptile's Solar Beam/Blaziken's Fire-type attacks or Kyogre's Drizzle augmenting Swampert's Water-type attacks), but I don't care too much because the raw awesomeness of Blaziken and Kyogre in tandem will overpower all of my opponents regardless! ^^

Still wondering whether I'll "start" with all of the Hoenn starter Pokemon at once by trading with other players early in the game..

Hmm...I'm not sure whether I'll use my Torchic from Pokemon Emerald (if I ever get the chance to migrate Pokemon from there) or the Torchic from Pokemon AlphaSapphire; this is the first time I have access to a remake's original version's starter (since I don't own Pokemon Red and Pokemon Gold, which are incompatible with post-Generation 2 games anyway, I didn't have this problem/redundancy with Pokemon FireRed and (eventually) Pokemon HeartGold)... The Torchic from AlphaSapphire seems like it'll be easier to prepare/soft-reset for with competitive purposes in mind (and it's easier to use it in modern Pokemon games as opposed to undergoing tedious migration from Pokemon Emerald), but I don't want to ditch my Emerald starter Pokemon... :( I don't feel inclined to using anything other than Torchic (not to diminish the awesomeness of Treecko and Mudkip, though!)

In any case, Blaziken's Mega Stone had better be obtainable in-game, not this event-status crap... (please?) I mean, Blaziken (technically Torchic itself) is a starter Pokemon, for crying out loud; I can't just let it not reach its full potential!

Years
  • I used a Mudkip for my original run in Emerald, and I had a Torchic in X/Y, so I'll be using Treecko. Plus, if walking pokemon are back (Get on it, Game Freak!), I'd love to see the little guy crawling along behind me, before standing up with his arms spread wide when I stop, just like in the Mystery Dungeon games. That was something I always liked about Treecko I'm them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've chosen Torchic and Treecko in most of my original R/S/E gameplay, so I'm going to do it a little different this time around and go with Mudkip. It isn't such a bad Pokémon, honestly; once it's evolved into Swampert, it could make an amazing all. All you'd have to do is make sure not to get struck by any grass-type attacks, and you should be perfectly fine. n_n

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Considering that it's kind of redundant to have 2 Water Pokemon on the same team (I like keeping the mascot and the starter on the same team), I'm going to have to go with Mudkip in OR and Treecko in AS. Since Torchic is only good with Speed Boost, I don't see a reason to pick it.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • TORCHIC LETS GO.

The flaming bird was my starter for my first playthrough of Ruby, and in homage, I will be using Torchic for Omega Ruby. I still love the other two though D:

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'd like to see confirmation that the Hoenn Starters are the starters. If they are, Mudkip. I always start with a Water type.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Really hard to decide with these three to be honest, the Hoenn starters are by far my favourites. I think I'll most likely start off with Treecko though.

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
    Years
  • Mudkip obviously. I'm pretty much a mostly water type trainer (kinda ironic considering my profile is themed around a fire type pokemon) And Swampert is my most favourite pokemon (Weavile is a close second)

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Well, under normal circumstances, I'd say Torchic as I bound myself to fire starters years ago. HOWEVER, seeing as how I have both the Blaziken from my Sapphire playthrough years ago and the newer X/Y event Blaziken, I will be choosing Mudkip. I've always liked Swampert and if the starters here happen to gain new Megas, I will be probably like Swampert's the most.

Back