• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

• Treecko

Votes: 110 42.3%
  • Torchic

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 94 36.2%

• Total voters

Rayquaza2016

Hardcore Hydreigon Fan
Years
  • I used a Mudkip in Emerald before.
    It wrecks gyms:
    Water to wreck rock,
    ____ for the 2nd gym,
    Ground to wreck electric,
    Water to wreck Fire,
    ____ for the 5th gym,
    ____ for the 6th gym,
    ____ for the 7th gym,
    ____ for the 8th gym.

Torchic, I feel, is really weak in the early game, and you need the potion from your PC and the one from the PokeMart seller to beat your rival.

Treecko, I used before because of the above to reasons. Treecko is super fast and can destroy the 1st gym with ease.

My pick: Treecko.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    Treecko because:
    It was my first ever Pokemon
    Sceptile is my favourite Pokemon
    If Sceptile gets a mega evolution, I need it

Years
  • Ugh, Hoenn is one of the only regions where I like all three starters and their evolutions so this is tough. Probably either Mudkip or Treecko, since I used Torchic in XY from the event. Also, I really think Swampert and Sceptile will get Mega's so I want to use them!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    It would have to be Torchic for me, it'll bring the nostalgic factor into play.

Katunei999

Katunei
    Years
  • I will definitely be choosing Mudkip. When I was playing Emerald as a kid, I sucked at it. I didn't really get the concept of 'grinding' or 'levelling-up', so my journey often came to a stand-still around Brawly's gym. However, the first play through I actually BEAT Brawly (which I remember vividly - I was getting out of the car and walking into Sports World) was with my level 19 Marshtomp, who I spammed Mudshot with. It was the first game I actually played through till the end. Even now, in Pokémon Y, I use my Swampert and the team I built in that game. So Mudkip for sure.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
    Years
  • i liek mudkips so i m chusing mudkips

Sorry, I had to. But yeah, Mudkip's always been good to me, and I intend on trying a few new things on my team as well. New to me, I mean. I may try to get a Seedot (since that's exclusive to Ruby and I'm getting Alpha Sapphire), for a final team of Swampert, Shiftry, Armaldo, Medicham, Banette, and Skarmory. Gotta have something with Fly in Hoenn. Of course my team will likely change by November, so yeah...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Treecko because I'm operating under the assumption that MegaSceptile will gain a Dark or Dragon secondary typing. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2019
    Honestly it depends on if swampert or sceptile get mega evolutions which ever one has a cooler looking one, I chose treeko in sapphire and mudkip in emerald so its gonna be hard decision

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Sceptile has seed behind it back .
    I always thought if Sceptile ever allow to evolve once more then those seed behind it back might broom into ''Wing shape leaf'' which allow Sceptile to Fly.
    I guess Sceptile would be great choice then .

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Treeco!!! In the first Ruby I picked Torchic because I thought it evolved into Groudon. (I had missed gen2, so I thought the mascots were starters.)

Also, Already have a Blazikenite from the event... So... don't need another one.

Years
  • For Omega Ruby, I'm going to choose Mudkip. Swampert is just badass and I've always loved him. For Alpha Sapphire, I'm going to choose Treecko because for a long time I don't think he got enough love. I've always kind of disdained Torchic/Blaziken because of Speed Boost and how much so many people rave about him.

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
  • Before I continue, my first choice would likely be Treecko.

When I started Sapphire up years ago, I chose Mudkip, as I'm usually the one to pick the water starter out of all of my family that play Pokemon. In Ruby, I chose Torchic. Mudkip was alright, and Torchic was okay, but only when he became Blaziken.

Now, if Mega Evolutions are a thing with these three characters, I've already encountered Mega Blaziken, and I like Swampert alright enough to pick him for OmegaRuby. But because I plan on getting Alpha Sapphire first, and because I have yet to show the little Gecko some love, I'm gonna hope for a Mega Sceptile, therefore Treecko will be my first choice this time around.

Years
  • Definitely a tough choice for me, because I love all of the Hoenn starters. I've played through the game multiple times with each, but I think I'll go with Treecko. I've used Mudkip way too many times, and Sceptile looks extremely cool in 3D. :]

Back