• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

• Treecko

Votes: 110 42.3%
  • Torchic

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 94 36.2%

• Total voters

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
  • As much as I love mudkip, I started off with treecko in my first ever Ruby run (which is also my first actual pokemon game I completed). Hence, I'll start with treecko again.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    As traditionally a water-type trainer, I will, of course, be starting with Mudkip.

Years
  • I would definitely go with Treecko. IDK if anyone else has been watching CoroCoro or whatever its called, I have seen leaks of Mega Sceptile and Swampert and not wanting Torchic because 1., Blaziken is soooo overused in my opinion(probably not the right word, but whatever) and 2., like some people didn't get enough of Speed Boost Mega Blaziken when they got it from Gamestop. Am I right???

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Treecko. I choose a Fire-type and I won't be able to pick up any others on my journey! Blaziken's great, but I much prefer the Treecko line. Especially Grovyle after PMD2. They're Grass-types, which was my old tradition. And they're really cool-looking. Sleek green reptiles with plant abilities. I always did like plants and reptiles.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Thinking of choosing Mudkip since water types in general are reliable types and don't have many weaknesses. Swampart is good because of its dual typing so I'm going for that, regardless of mega-evolution or not.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I'm still debating on either torchic or treeko. I'll probably go with treeko since I have Blaziken on my X version.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I've always, always chosen Torchic - might be time to try something new. I'm thinking Mudkip for AS.

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
  • Although treecko is the best (because obvs) I'll be picking mudkip because I already have my shiny sceptile and torchic is a chicken

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Not to be hipster, but I liked Mudkip before people "liekd Mudkipz." Swampert is my favorite Pokémon, so I'll be starting with Mudkip, just like in the old times <3

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2015
    Mudkip ,will make it easier for me against Roxanne/Flannery and I always picked Mudkip for that reason. That way I wouldn't have to worry about a water type ready to battle with later.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2022
    Have never used any of the Hoenn starters having never played that gen and missed the Torchic event in XY so EEEEEK exciting! Will probably choose Mudkip though.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    I never really went on Treecko or Torchic when I first played it so I'm sticking with Mudkip

Back