• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

• Treecko

Votes: 110 42.3%
  • Torchic

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 94 36.2%

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • It might be a little obvious but I am definitely picking mudkip. Actually I plan to breed a shiny and transfer it over. I might actually transfer over all 3 shiny starters:)

There is a chance they may not allow us to trade until with XY and/or transfer any Pokemon from Gen V either until post main story. If we can I'm trading in a Torchic that is the descendant of my original Torchic from Emerald...the two even have the same nature...

Anyways I'm getting Treeko after seeing the Megas (I like Swampert's too) as I love that it got the dragon type <3

Years
  • There is a chance they may not allow us to trade until with XY and/or transfer any Pokemon from Gen V either until post main story. If we can I'm trading in a Torchic that is the descendant of my original Torchic from Emerald...the two even have the same nature...

Anyways I'm getting Treeko after seeing the Megas (I like Swampert's too) as I love that it got the dragon type <3

Oh wow I hadn't even thought about that. I was thinking about being able to trade back and forth in x an y early on amd figured it would be the same as long they were in the same generation. I can see the transfer thing being a post game thing though. How was it in the past? Like between dp and hgss? I never did any cross trading in those games.
    That is really cool how you have a descendant of your first torchic to play with.

If I wasn't real real big into water types, I probably would have picked treecko at first because I love reptiles irl.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'll be going with Torchic for my first play through, for nostalgia's sake.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    There is a chance they may not allow us to trade until with XY and/or transfer any Pokemon from Gen V either until post main story. If we can I'm trading in a Torchic that is the descendant of my original Torchic from Emerald...the two even have the same nature...
    They would have to block Pokémon Bank then. I don't think they would be wise to do that.

But they could.

Years
  • Mega Sceptile looks super ugly. For some reason the least Popular starter is the one people are going to use, but maybe because it's the least used out of the 3.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • If they don't update the Hoenn Dex with some good Fire Pokémon I'll have to choose Torchic since it's the only decent one in the game. DP had the same problem, forcing me to choose Chimchar.

Well, Blaziken is boss and the best Hoenn starter so I'm not too bothered.

Shiny Espurr

The Cutest, Most Dangerous Poké Alive!
    Years
  • Torchic for sure! I love all three, but way back when Torchic was my very first starter ever, so I'm sticking with him! I even still have my level 100 Blaziken from my very first file ever. Can't wait!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Okay so I was all "Torchic because Blaziken was my bro throughout generation 3" but then I saw the mega evolution for Sceptile and now I'm pretty torn. Not because I can't wait to use Blaziken for the 3284903284 time, but because if I choose Sceptile it totally messes up the plans I had for my team.

I really want to use all generation three Pokemon, but if I take Sceptile then I'm stuck with Torkoal or Camerupt as the fire type on my team each of which I'm not crazy about. I also kind of wanted to throw Breloom on my team but now with fairy types I'm not sure if it's the best idea to use with Blaziken and I really don't want to use it with Sceptile either since they're both grass types and Sceptile's added on dragon type when it goes mega also makes it susceptible to fairy types. Aka I will be working this team out 5EVER

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
  • I'm very certain about going with Treecko!
    Although I would love to go with Mudkip seeing as it was my first and ruby my first game... But I can't stand it's mega evo at all.
    Then also.. Hoenn is full of watertypes so it gives me the chance to use a different one this time around.
    I like Treeckos mega the best and I generally prefer the line over Torchics. :'')

DynalMaestro

Eater Of Worlds
    Years
  • As I am getting both versions, I will be choosing Mudkip for Omega Ruby as Mega Swampert is in my opinion, the best Hoenn starter Mega Evolution, and I will be choosing Treeko for Alpha Sapphire to honor my Sapphire Nuzlocke Sceptile SpeedLeaf, He died against Steven's Metagross, hovewer his sacrifice was not in vain.

Years
  • Picking A starter based on its Mega's Aesthetics is rather stupid imo. More Megas will be released, and no one says you must use a Mega.

I will pick Mudkip. I might use Mega Swampert, Might not.

Years
  • I usually pick my starter based on what's available later in the game. If there re a severe lack of lets say good fire pokemon then I'll take the fire starter. I normally go for water or grass starters though, so maybe I'll chose mudkip :D

Back