• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is better, Fakemons or Original Pokemon?

Which is better?

• Original Pokemon

Votes: 80 70.8%
  • Fakemon

Votes: 33 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Fakemon
    Because Hacks these days can't get very good spriters mostly because most of them left pc.
    Fakemon take a lot of hard work to make and it is fun catching new fakemon instead of the same old pokemon.
    If the spriter makes a crappy fakemon once he gets better he can always Revamp it into a brand new better fakemon (Thats what I did)
    And in my final statement I choose fakemon because It took a lot of work and determination to make just a few fakemon

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    To be perfectly honest unless the spriter is very very good like in torzach i have to say original because often too many runn of the mill fakemon make a hack look kinda tacky i feel. A few good ones is really what you'd want in a hack unless as i say the spriter is top class and can make very good scratch then i like a game with fakemon!

amtrax

Pheonix will rule the world...
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    I am not going to vote on the poll as they are roughly equal
    (I do prefer fakemon as long as they are realistically sprited though)
    So as long as they are well done I don't mind

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • I'm gonna say Fakemon, because we know the original ones. I think it's more fun to catch some new ones, but of course it all depends on the quality of the Fakemon. If it's ridiculously overpowered, not very creative and/or has an ugly sprite, it's worth zero. But I do prefer good Fakemon over the original Pokémon.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • If they are made well, like Jagold's, then fakemon are better. If they are just so-so then real pokemon are better. It depends on the quality of the fakemon.

Years
  • I think fakemon look cool, for the while.

But like, the question should have parts to it. Which look cooler? Which would you rather battle with? Which would you rather show off? Etc.
    Because as far as gameplay, nothing separates them but their sprite. (Their moves and attributes come from the same source as every other pokemon).

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
  • Can't put my tongue on it but I'd rather prefer original pokemon...I mean look at how many people loved the original RBGY and GSC games and how so many people love firered and leafgreen games even more! OoO

But...fake pokemon can be cool if sprited correctly

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • I'm a fakemon spriter, so I enjoy looking at nice fakemon, but not in a hack. In a hack I prefer original Pokémon.

Pokémon from newer generations are a different story. I actually thinks it's kinda nice to see Pokémon like buizel roaming around Kanto. At least if the sprites for these new Pokémon are nicely done and not resized so the whole sprite is messed up.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • Original Pokemon.

Fakemon is not like officially, Nintendo-made and not widely-known.
    I like some of them though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    Real because there professionally made and most Fakemon are poorly done and just make no sense.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • Neutral, I should say:
    1) The original 490 pokemon are fun, but there are also some of them that are either boring, or annoying, so you only catch them to fill the pokedex. Striking examples of such pokemon are Farfetch'd, Sneasel and Drifloon!
    2) On the other hand, an all-fakemon hack is rarely successful. No matter how great imagination a spriter has, making hundreds of fakemon would inevitably cause some of the fakemon to be boring, so we're back to square one! In fact, only Quartz had all its fakemon being cool. OK, some sprites were worse than others, but the designs themselves were unique!
    So, I think the best thing is to replace the boring original pokemon with elite fakemon. You can even avoid the "Why-isn't-Pikachu-in-the-game-sob-sob-sob" problem.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • It really depends on how the fakemon is designed. If its done very nicely then I have no problem with that individual fakemon. So I can't really say which I like more I guess!

Genesis_1234

We're all crazy...To a degree.
    Years
  • Unless I start seeing fakemon that are of [EXCEPTIONAL] quality, then the originals are my pick, because alot (and I mean alot!) of fakemon look... not so great.

snap12

Billie Jean is not my lover
    Years
  • normally i dont like fakemon becuase they just look crappy, but Torzach is making me become a believer...

ExitWound

Boggle
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    I say Fakemons if they're fusions of Pokemon. Have you seen my siggy lol? Now THAT is a nice Fakemon.

Scythe_Ironclaw

For Iron Legion!
    Years
  • The original Pokemon are nice and all, but I like to see some of the Fakemons and see some of the intresting things that the hackers have come up with so far such as Pokemon.

I like the FIREGG thing.

Back