• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is better, Fakemons or Original Pokemon?

Which is better?

• Original Pokemon

Votes: 80 70.8%
  • Fakemon

Votes: 33 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    I really hate Fakemons, the normal Pokemons aren't always so good either, but I really prefer them

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2011
    Both are cool,but I believe that Original Pokemon are much better tham Fakemon,because they are the ones we know and love.Rarely a fakemon has the same Charisma as the original...

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2016
    honestly the only instance in which i would pick fakemon is when they are like pre evolutions, or evolved forms of already existing pokemon because they just look a lot better the fakemon from scratch

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • Quartz is a perfect example of crappy fakemon, with almost no effort put into them, I hate it when people put no effort in making fakemon, and just make crappy doodles of creatures and call them Pokemon, I prefer fakemon that look very original and have effort put into them, either way, I prefer original Pokemon

MK

i hate playing demo hacks
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    Original are very creative and no one makes good fakemon
    every fakemon looks the same.

xadamxzzz

Pokemon Thunderstone Owner
    Years
  • Im prefer original Pokemon but I like fake Pokemon only if they look original and had alot of effort put in to them like in Pokémon Colossal Version the fake Pokemon I saw in the screenshots looked liked they were made by Nintendo or the person that makes the Pokemon.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • Fakemons are better if it's easy to figure out what type/s they're and if they are well-sprited.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2014
    Theoretically, Fakemon. I'm sick of knowing exactly when a pokemon evolves and how good pokemon are.
    However most fakemon are awkward and poorly designed
    Also fakemon shouldn't be included exclusively. There should be some staples like pikachu and geodude and references to real pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I'd say fakemon. But no, because most of the fakemons are not good sprites, or they look weird and retarded. They don't have a special idea with them, like the original pokemon. SO, i chose original pokemon.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
    Years
  • If you could include both, all the more power to you. Nothing beats a run through with new Pokemon while keeping in touch with the classic Pokemon we all have come to enjoy.

Aberbecam

Banned
    Years
  • I prefer Original once, Because the original ones made by Nintendo,Gamefreak and Creatures Inc. Are really Fantastic. But if you are a very good spriter, Then go ahead and create fakemons. But there are some spriter's looks really horrible. Only black outline just with some bad colors.

Years
  • Reguardless, the originals are always my favs. I have trouble adapting to more new ones- I know basically what the hell they are. Heh, it took me like a year to get used to the D/P/Pt pokemon, since I didn't understand what they are. I'm better at playing if I can at least guess what type it is. So, Pokemon because I prefer more old, more familiar pokes, over random shapes with random types and such.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2010
    I like using Fakemons sparingly alongside the originals. For example, a new legendary or two and maybe a few starters, but leave the rest original. I like it when Fakemons are used to freshen the experience, not to dominate it.

Back