• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is better, Fakemons or Original Pokemon?

Which is better?

• Original Pokemon

Votes: 80 70.8%
  • Fakemon

Votes: 33 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I like using Fakemons sparingly alongside the originals. For example, a new legendary or two and maybe a few starters, but leave the rest original. I like it when Fakemons are used to freshen the experience, not to dominate it.

I personally don't like this. When someone includes just one or two new Pokémon (usually legendaries), it makes me think that they couldn't be bothered to include any more. It also looks a little odd that you're using all official Pokémon, and then one new one; it's kinda like making a hack with Digimon instead of Pokémon, but only replacing the starters (sorry, bad analogy :P). If you're going to add new Pokémon, I believe it's best to go all-out and make an entire new set.
    The only exception is if you don't think you can make them all look good, in which case I question your imagination :\

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    That depends on the quality of the fakemon, If the fakemon were all well spirited like Topaz, I would say fakemon.

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I like the original pokemon and hate the fakemons
    I dont play the hacks that have fakemon

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2011
    I don't like fakemon. I think that there are enough real pokemon. Actually, I think nintendo has made too many pokemon.

Larvitar170

Noobie hacker
    Years
  • I support Fakemon, just because it does invoke some thought on the person making them, but I personally would prefer to play a game with the original pokemon.

Ivee

Ask me about Trailblazer :3
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2019
    I haven't played any hacks with Fakemon yet, but I'm working on one with them in it. It seems like there'd be more of a fun challenge, since you wouldn't know the type or stats for them. If the poll were still open my vote would go to Fakemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2010
    As someone who in his on-paper games made lots of Fakemon, I personally don't care either way. However, Fakemon should still be subject to the same art and balance requirements as all other Pokemon (so please, let's not have crudely drawn shapes, more Pokemon with IV totals of 600+, or 5 evolutions per chain).

Eevee-Freak

AmberAnonymous
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2012
    Depends, some fakemon are really awsome, but others suck, hmmmmm...i think ill go with Fakemon, except for eevee, eevee rocks ^^

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2017
    Im going to say 49/50 times, Originals are way better than Fakemon. However, if the spriter is good, the Fakemon may end up being so good, you wouldn't notice it was Fan made if it Appeared in a real game.

A hack with GOOD fakemon, is very apealing to me. A hack with terrible fakemon doesn't get the time of day from my attention.

Anselection

Malicious Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    I say originals. Mainly because there's already 400-something out there. Plus a LOT of Fakemon look laaaameeee.

*Minun*

Loves ponies, hates phonies
    Years
  • Fakemon. DEFINITELY. If a game has a new region and new storyline, it should have new pokemon. I don't play hacks without fakemon. ever.

Biggee30

The Oldschool Hip-Hop Fan
    Years
  • Definitely fakemon if they're well done. They just feel more fresh than using the same old pokemon. Plus, they can often be very creative, if unorthodox, depending on the artist.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2010
    Going for my first post in the forum!

In my point of view:

If we are talking about the original Pokemon Blue and Red pokemons I would say they are the best pokemons. 95% are good.

But if we go to Silver and Gold, I'll say 75% are good.

If we go to Ruby Sapphire, I'll say 40% are good.

If we go to Fire Red and Leaf Green, I'll say 90% as they made some of the good pokemon look weird in the sprites.

If we go to Diamond and Pearl I have to say 5% are good.

And why? Because Nintendo run out of ideas, the first pokemons where good, and why? because they were new, they where innovative. They started lacking creativity with the time, and the new versions were a failiure in my opinion, they are overexploiting the pokemon trademark. I started to play the ROM, and stopped because I didn't saw a pokemon that was appelative then I went to see their pokedex, and just saw pokemon gave all it had to give, and now they are just putting cartoonish pokemon that are way to ugly.

So my vote goes to Fakemon, some time a go it would have gone to he originals, but no company trying to exploit a successful game (with new pokemons created under pressure) can beat the creativity of individuals. Some that have dreamed with the perfect pokemon since the first time they played, a pokemon that can even beat the classic ones.

Years
  • It's not how the Pokemon look, it's not how the tilesets are, it's what's on the inside that matters. The moves and type on the fakemon are more important actually. The story in my opinion, is better than the tilesets in all hacks. The same would qualify for humans too, it's what's on the inside matters. :)

That's the say.

Back