• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Which is better, Gold/Silver or Crystal?

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
Years
  • I have to say in my own personal opinion: Gold!

I was dissappointed that Crystal wasn't as unique as Yellow was to the Red/Blue games! Plus as everyone else has been saying: No Mareep! Ampharos was my best fighter on Gold! :D

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I prefer Crystal more because it has the battle tower and cool moving graphics and a little extra events I think!!! =]

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2008
    What i thinks better

I prefer silver since it was the First Pokemon i ever played and everyone i knew had pokemon silver

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I thought Crystal was pretty good, until I found out that I couldn't catch Mareep:

Me: What d'ya mean I can't get Mareep! I can't survive without an electric type!
    (Voltorb nudges towards me)
    Me: Screw you, Voltorb! Nobody likes you! I WAN'T MAH MAREEP!!!

Years
  • Crystal

My very first gameboy was a gameboy color and it came with Pokemon Crystal because at the time the gameboy was new and it forever on was my all time favorite Pokemon game other than Pokemon Sappire but thats a Generation three...

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I enjoy Silver more because it was a the game that I enjoyed to play and it had a nice color for it. Not really a reason, but that's why I prefer it.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • I think for me, Crystal is better. Because you can choose which gender you want and not always male. Which does not make the game sexist.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Crystal, since my Silver's internal battery died and never came back, and my Crystal's battery died, and after rudely resetting just after my bellsprout evolved (and electric shocking me in the process), it allowed me to save again! (And because Diamond has made me gotten used to the Pokemon preforming encounter animations.)

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • I like Crystal. I had Silver, but the internal battery is completely out. Even though I havn't really played Silver. I've had Crystal long enough, and from what everybody has been saying. Crystal is the best.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    In my opinion crystal beats the both except that you cant get Ho-oh or Lugia in only that game.

So? It just makes it better when you can get both, isn't it?
    Besides, as far as I remember, you could still get both of them in the G/S too

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2012
    Crystal is the best game i ever played, it was so hard for me to catch ho-oh because of the 3 dogs :p, the grapichs really did it for me. The first game i played of the series(S/G/C) was actually gold, but because i couldnt save i could never fully complete it. But still crystal is the best for me

In my opinion crystal beats the both except that you cant get Ho-oh or Lugia in only that game.
    actually you can get ho-oh and lugia in that ONE game (crystal). Just get the silverwing and catch the 3 dogs then you can get the rainbow wing too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2009
    i prefer silver,better pokes than in gold.
    crystal is nice cause its kinda an update,but it didnt feel enough,i mean they could have released g/s with those crystal updates (suicune story,remapped areas,etc`).
    it just felt like another freakin` game to make cash out of the public

The Red Bandit

Welcome To Candyland!
    Years
  • I think pokemon gold is the best:classic:
    Which is better, Gold/Silver or Crystal?

Back