• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is better Ho-oh or Lugia?

Which is better?

• Ho-oh

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Lugia

Votes: 40 58.8%

• Total voters
    Years
    which is better?

Ho-oh
    Lugia

stats and all that stuff aside i feel like i'm the only person on this planet that likes ho-oh better than lugia. why? because all my friends like 20 people bought soul silver simply because they think lugia rocks and ho-oh sucks. i was the only person to buy heart gold cuz i think ho-oh is the (insert S word here)!!

i dunno you guys tell me..

EDIT:

anyone that reads this thread and says lugia is a water type -

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lugia_(Pokémon)
    https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/249.shtml

go to both of those sites and tell me which types lugia are. it knows rain dance and hydropump.. 2 moves.. that doesnt make it a water type get with the program people >.>

Last edited:

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
    While I believe both are pretty boss Pokemon, I prefer Lugia simply do to how it looks. Even though I own Soul Silver, I did not get it for Lugia. I got Soul Silver simply because I thought Heart Gold sounded lame XD

Dr. Faustus

I am >9000. I am 31337.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2011
    I honestly think Lugia is better, but that's just me with my affinity for sea Pokemon. @_@
    Also, Ho-Oh has that ridiculous... hair... wig... thing... on his head. And he uses rainbows. Who's going to be terrified of a giant bird with a wig that uses 'ROYAL RAINBOW!!!"?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2010
    I like Lugia better.

I didn't get Soul Silver, because of Lugia though, I actually thought it would have better Pokemon in it. I mean in the end if you bought HG or SS you can just catch them both in the same game so it doesn't really matter.

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
    I actually do like Ho-oh more...a lot more. xD Lugia has a cool edge to it, but Ho-oh's shine combined with his role as "Guardian of the Skies" just totally wins me over. He's my favorite of the mascot legendaries, while Latias is my favorite legendary period. ^^ So yea, you aren't alone on this~

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Lugia, like, SWIMS. And flies. And it's a bird ... with FANGS. Ho-Oh is pretty and all but Lugia can give you nightmares, man.

Last edited:
    Years
    I've had both Heart Gold and Soul Silver now.. caught Ho-oh and Lugia and would have to say I prefer Ho-oh simply 'cos I like the fire type more than the water type. Plus Ho-oh is better look wise.

shot571

I used to prefer Ho-oh but now its Lugia. Not sure why. I do have SS however I wanted HG but since my friend got it I decided to get SS.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I'm prefer Ho-Oh from any other way. Being Guardian of the Sky with grand looks and resurrect the Three Beast is awesome. Lugia is just to plain and lame for me. Doesn't mind any stat difference simply because my rule not to use any legendary pokemon in my main team

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I've never been a fan of Lugia's appearance. He doesn't look much alike a bird...doesn't look much like anything except a Lugia. >_>

Ho-oh, on the other hand is just so much nicer looking and intimidating to me at least. XD

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I like Ho-oh more because its a fire type :3 but that's partially it :/. Lugia has the more intimidating appearenca and the scarier in game cry. However, Ho-oh has more beauty and radiance than Lugia plus Ho-oh actually looks like a bird.

Lugia is a bird right o.o?

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I am not gonna cast my vote in the poll b/c voting for either would be unfair in my book. I love Lugia, always have thought it was better than Ho-oh, but now I'm starting to appreciate Ho-oh more and really it's just as awesome if not better. Design wise ho-oh is 'prettier' than Lugia simply do to its large array of colors. However, Lugia seems to be the more sleek/cool one.

Mumfie

Norwegian penguin!
    Years
    One of the reasons that I chose to buy Heart Gold was because I prefer Ho-oh :b I like its fire-moves and how it looks.

GlalieX

Ruler of Illusion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2012
    Ho-Oh. I don't dislike Lugia, but I prefer Ho-Oh's appearance and type better.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Ho-oh is my second/third favorite pokemon. (Tied with Groudon, I'm not sure which one is currently #2 right now.) So obviously I prefer Lugia Ho-oh. I like Ho-oh's design better then Lugia's. I don't know why, but it just seems more dignified, and god-like, which is probably what they were going for.

Lugia is awesome, but Ho-oh is even more so.

Ayselipera

It wasn't until I got SoulSilver that I realized I like Ho-Oh so much better. I think I got SoulSilver first because everyone else was mentioning that they were going to get it and that they loved Lugia. So somehow I turned that into, "Yeah Silver was awesome so I'm going to get SoulSilver too!" After I realized I made that mistake I went and bought HeartGold. :p

So, yeah I like Ho-Oh a lot better. I can't think of why though. I guess it just seems more unique looking.

Back