• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is better. Xbox 360, Wii, or PS3

Which system is the best?

• Wii

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • PS3

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 17 34.0%

• Total voters

Tsukuyomii

The best of dem all.
Years
  • Ps3.

Stronger machine.
    Free online.
    Fine player community.
    Personally I find that they have better games.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2011
    Everybody likes PS3 it is the best.
    It has way better graphics and games. Some good games are LittleBig Planet, Grand Turismo 5 Prologue, Infamous, LittleBig Planet 2, and Infamous 2.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2013
    I'm personally a Xbox person, due to me having Xbox Live and most of my friends being on Xbox.

But; PS3 does have some good games, free online, ect.

So really, I think they're both equal but if I had to make a decision I'd say Xbox because it's the one I play mainly.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Playstation 3.

Better games.
    I like the quality more.
    I dont care about Graphics too much but it does have better graphics, and the Disc Space on the Bluray is more than what Xbox or Wii has.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I find all of the consoles equally great, but I stick to my 3DS for most of my gaming. If I had to choose one, I'd go for the Wii because I play it the most.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I'm gonna say PS3, only because I like having my online network down for a month and all my private data made available to hackers. I'd never want to actually pay for my online and actually get reliability in XBL.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I have a Wii and an Xbox 360. Personally, I lean more towards the Wii than the Xbox because you move a lot. The Xbox 360 is very limited to what I'd like to do, such as accessing Xbox Live for a hefty price, which is something I'll pass. I always wanted to try out the PS3, since I've heard really good reviews about it. Graphics-wise, they all look the same. I only play the Xbox 360 when I just feel like sitting on my couch beating up some bad dudes. :D

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Im gonna go with the Wii.
    1) I dont own a Xbox or PS3, and personally I dont want too.
    2) I like the games allot more. Theres hardly any games I like on the other too.
    3) If I wanted a Multi-Media system I would buy a better PC.
    4) I'm a Nintendo Fanboy
    5) Well I just overall like the Wii & Nintendo
    6) I dont care for better graphics much, I like nintendo's style.
    7) I only play by myself so I dont have a need for a "good online"
    8) Its affordable.

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Even if I have none of these game systems, I'm going for PS3. I have a PSP and I love going on the PS Store/PSN, so it must be better on the PS3. I don't pay attention to Wii or Xbox 360 that much though, so I guess I can't really say.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I prefer my PS3, if only because I like its exclusive games and PS Store, but I use my 360 for any multiplatform multiplayer game. XBL is just livelier(for better and worse).

Ps3.

Stronger machine.
    Free online.
    Fine player community.
    Personally I find that they have better games.
    The Cell processor is stronger, but it's much harder to optimize. The 360(being a weak PC in console disguise) has a better GPU. Hardly the stronger machine.
    I'm gonna say PS3, only because I like having my online network down for a month and all my private data made available to hackers. I'd never want to actually pay for my online and actually get reliability in XBL.
    >Reliability
    >Xbox 360

Okay then cowboy.

Years
  • PS3.

It has an actual online community.
    You can add friends IN-game unlike with the Wii, where you have to hope to find the person and their "Friend-Code" over the internet. >.>
    Way better graphics than the Wii.
    You're able to download various things for your games, like new levels and the like (even if it's not free, it's still useful).

The reason why I only compared the PS3 to the Wii is that I know nothing about the Xbox 360, so I didn't include it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I prefer my PS3, if only because I like its exclusive games and PS Store, but I use my 360 for any multiplatform multiplayer game. XBL is just livelier(for better and worse).

The Cell processor is stronger, but it's much harder to optimize. The 360(being a weak PC in console disguise) has a better GPU. Hardly the stronger machine.

>Reliability
    >Xbox 360

Okay then cowboy.
    I'm talking online network, not console. Besides, I've had an Xbox for 4 years and never had it RRoD.

Years
  • Just letting you know, I am keeping a close eye on this thread as these threads on previous occasions have turned into flame wars.
    Just a friendly note, if you really don't like a certain console, don't just say it is rubbish; explain why, be critical and respect your fellow members opinions.

Personally, I think just having either the PS3, Wii or 360 is a bit of a narrow choice now. They have changed a lot and with the PS3's and 360's motion controllers, they are more than what they use to be. Also, I wonder why you didn't include the option of 'PC'.
    For hardware, on paper, the PC will beat every console ever, but the games obviously dint it.

I would have to say on personal opinion, the PS3, simply because it is the console I have had the longest which interests me the most and has the most games I prefer.​

MiniminGames

aka MGPlatinium
    Years
  • I would say PC. It has a wide variety of games, many of them that are also present in Xbox 360 and PS3.
    Out of those 3, I only have a Wii so my opinion about the other ones would be limited.
    What I like about the Wii is that it is very customizable after you install homebrew channel.
    and PS3 would be beast if it still had the Other OS function.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I have both a Wii and 360 and I actually like both consoles to tell the truth :/. I never thought I would actually like the 360 because well I liked the Ps3 more because it had games that I would enjoy over the 360 library which is just shooter. But after finally seeing what a 360 can do and mix that in with some AH-MAZING I was sold on it. I still do think i gravitate more to my Wii because I like Nintendo :D. But im currently pissed at my 360 acting like it doesnt want to read my Marvel vs Capcom 3 disc >_>

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • You can install a homebrew channel, but essentially it is hacking and getting games for free, so I personally wouldn't cheat Nintendo like that.

But yeah, out of all of them, the perks are different. I feel like because you're paying for the Xbox Live that you use to play the game that you're less prone to coming across people who I would consider vile, and just plain idiots of players, while the PSN community is more prone to those sorts of people because of the free online. Both could either be a good thing or a bad thing.

Graphics and game wise, they're pretty much the same, although I will admit that the PS3 does have some nice games for it, where the Xbox doesn't exactly live up to the standards of that. Controller wise, I think the Xbox can take the cake here. What they aimed for was a good controller which was ergonomically designed, and they hit that benchmark. PS3 also has this, but it's just not as effective in my eyes.

The wii can't exactly be compared to the other two consoles, as they are ultimately built for two totally different audiences. The 360/PS3 is essentially built for the standard gamer, which the Wii is more for family fun. I'll admit the Wii does have some of the best games to play, which are playable on their own. Online play isn't everything, and the Wii accomplishes that, in terms of games. I've always felt that this is a good benchmark which the 360 and the PS3 does need to try and hit, although Sony do hit it with games like Gran Turismo and Ratchet and Clank. :)

tl;dr All three consoles are different, and are better at something than the other. But ultimately, I'd have to go with the Wii for this battle. Sure the Xbox 360 and the PS3 both have lots of good perks, such as big memory space and graphics, but those things aren't everything that should make up a gaming console. Sometimes you just want to have a fun gaming experience which the Wii can do, if you've got the right games for it. :)

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • I own all three, and out of all of them I find that I play my PS3 the most. Though it has better graphics and free online, I find that I like the games that are for it more than the ones that are the Wii and 360.

Back