• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is better. Xbox 360, Wii, or PS3

Which system is the best?

• Wii

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • PS3

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 17 34.0%

• Total voters

Katja

Years
  • Answer: None. PC GAMING MASTER RACE.

But if I had to pick, Wii because I like Okami and SSBB. <_>

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • It's a tie between the Wii and PS3 for me because the Wii has good games, while the PS3 has good graphics.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • i prefer the ps3 over the 360 just because of the games. halo and gears just doesn't make up for infamous, uncharted, yakuza, mgs4, god of war and sly. the wii, while is no match as far as power is concerned, it has more exclusives that i enjoy than the 360. brawl, tatsunoko, mario galaxy, twilight princess, epic yarn... they're all so great. so in order i would say:

1. ps3
    2. wii
    3. 360

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • X360 has better online infistructure, but it does cost a pretty penny. (30-60 a year, depending on where you buy it- last time I checked)

Ps3 is the winner IMO, due to the amount of exclusive games they have. Uncharted, killzone, resistance, socom, twisted metal, motorstorm, gran turismo, modnation, little big planet, ratchet, team ico, god of war, infamous(just finished Infamous2 today :D), heavy rain, MGS4 and more.

Tsukuyomii

The best of dem all.
    Years
  • I'm gonna say PS3, only because I like having my online network down for a month and all my private data made available to hackers. I'd never want to actually pay for my online and actually get reliability in XBL.

Orly? Xbox has been hacked before too, js. <3

Nickmonster

I AmThe Best So Give It A Rest
    Years
  • Ill have to say Xbox360 on this one. First of all, the Wii is out of question. Anyway yes, the PS3 has free online. But that is basically it. the Xbox360 has some is better with it features. Graphics to me are equal.

Years
  • Techinically, the PS3 is better itself but the games aren't as good for it.

Then you have the issue with the online being hacked and no party chat (which sometimes I go online just to use).

So overall, I'd probably go with the xbox.

Then PS3 because the Wii was pretty laughable.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • From a stand point of someone who owns all 3 systems, someone who has played online with all 3 systems, someone who is fine with paying a monthly charge, someone who isn't tied down due to fanboyism or bias, etc etc... from my POV the 360 is a better system.

I'll get the Wii out of the way from the start...
    I used to be a very very big Nintendo fanboy and a very very big Wii fanboy. I was founder of the Nintendo Fan Club on PC (I think used to be the largest club on PC), I turned my LJ into a "Why the Wii will win" thing, and all sorts of other stuff. And then... I was let down and burned. Do I still buy Nintendo games? Yea, I do but they hurt me so thus why I don't play their stuff all that much.

Now for the PS3 and 360...
    I've got a 360 and PS3 sitting on my desk. And they do get playtime put into both of them. I know all about the RRoD for the 360, I know all about the PSN downtime and that doesn't have anything to do with my views on a system. I just like the 360 better because I think it's an all around better console. Some big names on YouTube when it comes to gameplay say the 360 gamers are better players... that might be true and I have seen it first hand here on PC. But you'll find good players and bad players on each system. So the whole "Well one community is better then the other" has no bearing on me.

By the looks of it a lot of people in this thread is making a big deal about PSN being free... Did you know that XBL is also free? It's XBL Silver/Free. You're able to download themes, gamer pics, stuff for your avatar, demos, game add ons, full games, and so on. iirc you can use the private chat and talk to someone while playing games (you just can't use party chat. Private chat is a one on one chat). Now to play online you do have to have XBL Gold. And right now everyone is going "Heh... PSN is free and you can play online. OWNED!". Yea... well... $60 (or $50 on Amazon) a year is a very small price to pay if you're into online gaming. If you're a casual gamer and you rarely play online then yea... that 16 cents a day that you have to give up is really going to kill you.

As for the games... They both have their good games. I like Uncharted for the PS3, and I like Gears for the 360. I don't like Killzone, and I don't like Halo (as far as multiplayer). One of the reasons why I wanted all 3 systems this gen (I didn't have an XBox last gen) is because I didn't want to be one of them people who only got one system and wishes they could play Gears of War or Uncharted to see how it is.
    Most of the games I play is multiplatfrom, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Portal, Rock Band, etc. But I almost always get the game for the 360. Not only due to most of my friends on there but because I think the 360 controller is the best controller out there (and my controller history goes back to the NES).

Like I said, I think the 360 is the best of the 3 systems. To me it has better games, has the better online, better controller and just an all around better system. Now this doesn't mean I won't be playing the PS3. I plan on making Uncharted 3 my main multiplayer game this year. I'll have MW3, Gears 3, and Battlefield 3 on the 360. But if Uncharted 3 does end up being my main game then it's not due to the console it's due to the game.

I'm not all that fond of these types of threads because it's always full of people who only owns one or two systems (and it's likely "Wii & PS3" or "Wii & 360"). They've never got their hands on the other big system so they think it sucks and will throw out random views on why it sucks, say the games are bad, or the online is bad, or this or that and I guess it makes them feel better. I personally think that the only people that knows what they're talking about that posts in these threads are ones who owns all three consoles. That way all the bias is gone and it's on level ground and you're talking from a owner point of view and not just a "Well I heard" point of view.

Orly? Xbox has been hacked before too, js. <3
    XBL has never been down for a month and had 77 million accounts (in some shape or form) stolen, js. <3

Years
  • I'm not a fan of console wars, a fanboy, or a hardcore gamer, but I happen to own and prefer the 360...just because of the exclusive games it has that I enjoy.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    xbox 360 it doesnt get hacked and doesnt loses credit cards to hackers.

NatureKeeper

I'm a Nintendo fanboy so I chose the Wii. But let's take a fair comparison.

The PS3 and XBOX 360 tie for the best graphics. Both have a superior graphical ability. But with the correct engine, the Wii rendered similar graphics, coming to look at Twilight Princess. But most game did not render the graphics properly and stuck to the Mii's crappy graphics, such as the Wii Sports games. Would it hurt to put in a little detail? We can use SD cards...

Wii - 6
    PS3- 8
    XBOX 360- 8.5

Gaming library: Sony relies mainly on third party developers to develop games for their systems, their better technical specs, which attracts firms like Square Enix and Ubisoft. Microsoft actually develops a good portion of the games by itself, which helps it. Nintendo makes most of the games in 1st party or 2nd party studios such as Hal Laboratories or Game Freak. Also, Nintendo's franchises Pokémon and Super Mario Bros. rank amongst the top 2 sales of all time for video games, but Nintendo has a share of only 1/3 of Pokémon rights, as Game Freak holds a 1/3 and Creatures Inc. holds 1/3. It has a complete share of Super Mario Bros. In regards to the Wii, most games developed were Mario games and the Wii series. The Italian plumber takes a portion out of the Wii games, repelling third party support except for exceptions like Yu-Gi-Oh!. This does not necessarily mean that there are no good games, in fact most Wii titles were superb, Mario and non-Mario alike. The Wii keeps Nintendo franchises and a few 3rd parties, XBOX 360 develops a good portion of the games but leaves things to third parties and Sony relies mainly on thiird parties.

Wii- 8
    XBOX-8
    PS3- 6.5

Multiplayer: All consoles perfectly match for local playing. However, it varies for the online playing. XBOX Live is alright, but there is a yearly fee as opposed to Sony and Nintendo's consoles. WiiConnect24 is fine, but the problem is that it's a little confusing to configure. Also, there is no directly wired network. The PlayStation Network used to be good, but seeing that such an immense network got hacked and all data stolen means it has weak security, and now it's up but facing problems.

Wii- 7
    XBOX -7
    PS3-6

Coverage: Sony and Microsoft cleverly use the demand on their other products to give proper worldwide coverage. Nintendo does not give proper coverage to some areas, making it really hard to obtain, and with high prices.

PS3- 7
    XBOX - 7
    Wii- 5

Pricing: The XBOX 360 and PS3 are of high prices, but the Wii was a little less, and continues to exist this way, with even greater cuts. However, due to Nintendo's inferior coverage, the Wii is pricy at places. HOWEVER the Wii games and XBOX games are cheaper than the PS3 due to the really pricy Blu-rays used on games.

Performance: The PS3 and XBOX are superior to the Wii in technical specifications, that's as much as I can say.

XBOX-8
    PS3-8
    Wii-6

Reception: The Wii became really common amongst people, and is received better by children and by adults than by teenagers, which generally tend to like hardcore games which are present in the PS3 and XBOX.

Wii-9
    XBOX-7
    PS3-8

Calculating final score:

Wii: 41/60
    PS3: 43.5/60
    XBOX 360: 53.5/60

I guess we have an obvious winner, fair comparison wise. But I myself like the Wii, tbh. I just hate the low coverage.

Last edited:
    Years
  • While I agree with most of your posts how can you say the wii has the best multiplayer?

Friend codes, no voice chat (apart from wii speak which has been trashed), poor connectivity and a fair proportion of games don't even have multiplayer. It is probably slightly more fun locally than the other two but I still don't see how it can rate so highly compared to the other two.

Years
  • I say Xbox360. It has more games than the ps3. I don't know. Is your choice if you want to play gears of war series go with the xbox360. If you want to play metal gear solid go with ps3. Each system has different gaming and for different reasons. They both can read movies on a flash drive with a file called fat32 on the usb.

NatureKeeper

While I agree with most of your posts how can you say the wii has the best multiplayer?

Friend codes, no voice chat (apart from wii speak which has been trashed), poor connectivity and a fair proportion of games don't even have multiplayer. It is probably slightly more fun locally than the other two but I still don't see how it can rate so highly compared to the other two.

It's free and doesn't get hacked with all customer info absorbed. And those friend codes are to give people freedom of the same name. But coming to think of it, the Wii can do with a lower mark.

Last edited:

Yanminator

Yanma Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    Like many others have already said:

The system you choose only depends on your personal playstyle.
    I use Xbox for online multiplayer simply because the population is thicker and you're more likely to find someone you get along with(after you wade through a sea of jerks and buttmunches of course). The Xbox has a more Multiplayer (shooter) friendly market and controller.
    The PS3 has a better graphics ability which means more detail in your games, which some people don't want in their shooters. The free online is easy to say its better, simply because it is free. But the reliability of the online connection takes a hit because the system is free and doesnt have the backup that Microsoft puts in Xbox LIVE. I find that the PS3 has better singleplayer games and adventure games, such as Infamous and Uncharted.
    The Wii is unique in that it doesnt have a large online following. The online is very limited. But it doesn't need it because of the games that the Wii offers. Nintendo has always targeted the younger bracket of the gaming population and are just now starting to branch out. Think about it: when you're a kid, you don't want to play with someone you've never met and have no past with. You want to play with the kids from your school and your friends from your neighborhood. So you play Mario, or Wii Sports. Games that were built specifically to enjoy with people sitting in the same room together. I personally wish that Microsoft and Sony would see the potential in this point. There have been too many games released recently that don't have ANY splitscreen function or single-console multiplayer at all!
    The online trend has made it impossible to enjoy schooling my friends while playing on the same television set.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Xbox because I Find it has more enjoyable games than the ps3, don't get me wrong, little big planet and that stuff is fun, but im a halo fan so, yea..... it just kinda fits i would like xbox

Years
  • It's free and doesn't get hacked. And those friend codes are to give people freedom of the same name. But coming to think of it, the Wii can do with a lower mark.

Well, PSN is free and it did get hacked, but if Nintendo had an online pedigree like PSN and XBL, then I am sure they would be targeted at some point.
    That is just what I think anyway.​

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I personally prefer the Wii, but that's mainly because Nintendo games appeal to me more, so of course, I'm more likely to pick a Wii game over a 360 game. But all three have their pros and cons. I love my Wii and 360 though. And I've never owned a PS3, but my cousin has one, and it's enjoyable as well. But like I said, I'mma go with the Wii here, just because out of the three, it's what I enjoy the most. Even it has its cons though, of course.

Back