• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is the perfect six on Y/R/B?

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Well you should probably go to strategy for this question, but it entirely depends on your fighting type. If you want to use Sweepers (Fast Attacks that take out teams before they can attack you) then I guess that Ampharos and Typhlosion are the kind of Pokemon you want. If you want Annoyers (Pokemon that use status condition causers) try Crobat and Ariados as your go to choices.

Again it all depends on the way you battle and should be something you figure out by yourself. Also, may I recommend that you try spelling better? You sort of sound like your are spamming and/or trolling.

Years
    Well you should probably go to strategy for this question, but it entirely depends on your fighting type. If you want to use Sweepers (Fast Attacks that take out teams before they can attack you) then I guess that Ampharos and Typhlosion are the kind of Pokemon you want. If you want Annoyers (Pokemon that use status condition causers) try Crobat and Ariados as your go to choices.

Again it all depends on the way you battle and should be something you figure out by yourself. Also, may I recommend that you try spelling better? You sort of sound like your are spamming and/or trolling.

The OP said on Red, Blue and Yellow only, though I do agree it can depend on your fighting style.

As for the above 6, I'd have considered Jolteon over Electabuzz myself, but the rest look right (If we're excluding Legendaries).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Moving to in-game team help forum. You might wanna consider adding movesets so that this isn't locked for lack of description.

That team seems fine, though. But without movesets, that's all I can really say. However, I do recommend Lapras > Starmie. More of a tank, plus you want Ice STAB against Lance.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2010
    Yes, excluding legendaries.
    Lapras? Not bad... I love Starmie, Psychic, Recover, Hydro Pump/Surf, Thunder.

Years
    Yes, excluding legendaries.
    Lapras? Not bad... I love Starmie, Psychic, Recover, Hydro Pump/Surf, Thunder.

I remember Lapras being a beast in the game, though it was a bit slow for my liking.

Thunder in these three games is a big no. I learnt this the hard way when I was in the british nationals. I could of finished my foes Alakazam, but Raichu's Thunder missed, and his Alakazam finished my Raichu and pretty much me. It's powerful, but it's poor accuracy makes it more of a liability. Thunderbolt is better.

I remember a moveset for Alakazam being:

Thunderwave
    Psychic
    Reflect
    Recover

Thunderwave to paralyse, Reflect to boost its poor defence, Psychic and Recover self explanatory. Very powerful, but little offensive options. Sometimes saw Seismic Toss in place of Thunderwave or Reflect.

Draceon

The Dragon Eevee
    Years
    i have the handbook so you can trust this. i say, for yellow, you go with Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Zaptos, Articuno, and Moltres. for red or blue, your starter's third form, Dragonite, Nidoking or Nidoqueen, Zaptos, Articuno, and Moltres.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    i have the handbook so you can trust this. i say, for yellow, you go with Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Zaptos, Articuno, and Moltres. for red or blue, your starter's third form, Dragonite, Nidoking or Nidoqueen, Zaptos, Articuno, and Moltres.

I don't make posts in this part of the forum too often because I don't consider myself an expert on strategy advice and stuff of that nature. You should probably do the same thing...at least until you've lurked enough to understand how that's a pitiful team in the RBY metagame. XD

aanyways...no team in RBY was complete without Gengar. Back then the standard gengar set was something to the effect of Hypnosis/Explosion/Thunderbolt/Mega Drain. Gengar outspeeds a lot of things, and with Special rivaling Alakazam, he can kill a lot of things just as easily. Anything that he couldn't kill can get exploded on. His immunity to normal attacks come in handy in RBY's metagame more than you may think. :P

Last edited:

Ayselipera

For questions like these a really simple solution is simply checking out the OU tier for R/B/Y on different metagame websites. It really shows which Pokemon were most heavily used and they were used the most because they were good during that time. This may be for in - game, but it never hurts to check.

A few suggestions of my own would be to get either a Alakazam, Jynx, or Gengar. They all have high speeds and great offensive stats. You have to keep in mind though that their defenses aren't the best so in that case you may also want to add in a bulky/tank Pokemon like Chansey, Lapras, or Snorlax. Chansey being a great special wall with a wonderful HP and Special Stat. Although not the best at hitting back. In that case you may want to go with Snorlax since he boasts a big attack with a high HP stat.

Starmie is another Pokemon that I should mention that has a high speed and offensive stat. Although unlike Alakazam, Jynx, and Gengar not as fragile and at times a little more versatile.

I'm also big on normal types due to their lack of weaknesses and one resistance. Thankfully there were some great normal type Pokemon to choose from back then. Besides the already mentioned Chansey and Snorlax there is also Tauros and Persian Although they may have been on the lower spectrum of OU for in - game they would be wonderful. Both are fast and suited with a decent attack, Tauros being the better choice of attack.

Hopefully that gives you a few options to think about.

Back