• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is your favorite Lugia or Ho-oh?

Which is your favorite Lugia or Ho-oh

• Lugia

Votes: 36 63.2%
  • Ho-oh

Votes: 21 36.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I am just wondering because I am thinking of transfering my Lugia or Ho-oh from my Pokemon Colluseum and Pokemon XD.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I don't quite understand how the outcome of the poll will help your decision or why you needed to ask everyone their opinions, but I shall answer anyways.

Lugia will always be my favourite legendary Pokémon from the second generation. It's a Psychic/Flying type that could stroll through the Elite Four alongside a Typhlosion and it was the protagonist of the second movie, which is probably the best Pokémon movie ever. Those two reasons are enough for me. Shallow but true.

Ho-Oh is okay but it hasn't really left a mark on me.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Lugia is much cooler looking I think, but they're both awesome....and legendary....

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
  • I don't quite understand how the outcome of the poll will help your decision or why you needed to ask everyone their opinions, but I shall answer anyways.

Lugia will always be my favourite legendary Pokémon from the second generation. It's a Psychic/Flying type that could stroll through the Elite Four alongside a Typhlosion and it was the protagonist of the second movie, which is probably the best Pokémon movie ever. Those two reasons are enough for me. Shallow but true.

Ho-Oh is okay but it hasn't really left a mark on me.

Agreed, good sir.

I also believe that he looks much cooler than Ho-oh, who in my opinion is a rather large Mackaw.

Blue Angel

Living for now
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    I love both as Legendaries, but I adore Lugia as a fighter because Ho-oh isn't as good in that area.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I really didn't like lugia that much.
    It seems really overrated but it could make a good staller with its amazing defense.
    Ho-oh just looks so awesome in his rainbowness, and its types match more.
    Luiga, as a psychic type, is apparently a guardian of the sea.
    it would make much more sense if it was water type instead of psychic.
    Lugia looks cooler, Ho-Oh is just bleh. Too many Colors xD

its supposed to be flashy, but if you don't like its normal form, look at its shiny.
    it looks like silver fire.

Last edited:

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    On looks, I prefer Lugia. =/ Hoh-Oh's a little flashy for me.

Years
  • I vote for Lugia. I remember seeing the first showing of Pokemon: The Movie 2000 on the day it came out just to see Lugia. Lugia was the reason I got interested in the second generation. I never heard of Ho-oh until a local game store was taking pre-orders for Gold and Silver a few months later.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I like Ho oh because its the Rainbow Pokemon and its fire type

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Lugia used to be my favorite of the two due to its star role in Pokémon the Movie 2000, however; I soon forgot all about Lugia when I first laid eyes on Ho-oh in my brand new Gold version. It was so majestical and the fact that it was fire-type swayed my opinion pretty darn well. I mean, Moltres was all right, but Ho-oh... Ho-oh just completely trumped it.

As I have said many times before, I am quite fond of the second generation. However, I do believe Ho-oh is just about my favorite Pokémon of all time. Hey, even the rainbow color is pretty darn cool, okay?

Lugia... It just seems rather blasé to me. Sure, it looks all sleek and powerful, but it doesn't have that same feeling of mysticism that you find with Ho-oh. Personally, I feel like Lugia just looks menacing and not at all "wise" or omnipotent. Then again, that's why Ho-oh got a nice tower and Lugia got a smelly cave. ;D

Last edited:

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • Lugia used to be my favorite of the two due to its star role in Pokémon the Movie 2000, however; I soon forgot all about Lugia when I first laid eyes on Ho-oh in my brand new Gold version. It was so majestically and the fact that it was fire-type swayed my opinion pretty darn well. I mean, Moltres was all right, but Ho-oh... Ho-oh just completely trumped it.

As I have said many times before, I am quite fond of the second generation. However, I do believe Ho-oh is just about my favorite Pokémon of all time. Hey, even the rainbow color is pretty darn cool, okay?

Lugia... It just seems rather blasé to me. Sure, it looks all sleek and powerful, but it doesn't have that same feeling of mysticism that you find with Ho-oh. Personally, I feel like Lugia just looks menacing and not at all "wise" or omnipotent. Then again, that's why Ho-oh got a nice tower and Lugia got a smelly cave. ;D

I agree with Hiidoran. Fire + Rainbowness is awesome. Plus Ho-Oh looks so much more majestic and better designed.

60th Post ~

Lee Jin Tyz

TWIZZLE TYZ my nick is live
    Years
  • Lugia is way better than ho-oh in my opinion. Lugia looks was cooler because i think it has good colors ho-oh has to many rainbow feathers. lugias also a better fighter.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Lugia used to be my favorite of the two due to its star role in Pokémon the Movie 2000, however; I soon forgot all about Lugia when I first laid eyes on Ho-oh in my brand new Gold version. It was so majestically and the fact that it was fire-type swayed my opinion pretty darn well. I mean, Moltres was all right, but Ho-oh... Ho-oh just completely trumped it.

I totally agree.
    but as "the guardian of the sea", you would expect lugia to live in an underwater cave,no matter how smelly it is.
    And seeing as how Ho-OH is the guardian of the skies, you would also expect it to live in a high above tower.
    i think more people would like Ho-OH if it had its own movie.
    but after the movie, i felt like i knew everything about lugia, so it wasn't as interesting when i saw it on gold.
    They both have their goods and bads, but i just think Ho-OH has more good sides to lugia.
    Besides, gold is worth more than silver~
    the fire legends are awesome.

Back