• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which is your favorite?

Which Gen III game was/is your favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I love all of them but if I had to choose it would be between Leaf Green and Colosseum due to how addictive they were at the time.

SlitWeaver

Pokémon Champion
    Years
  • Coolio!

Awesome guys and gals! :D I don't know why but it's cool to know other peoples opinions and stuff :)

To the FR loner: Red Version was my first too and Fire Red was my first GBA game, but for some un-explainable reason I shifted to LG :P

Also, nobody has voted for Pokemon Box Sapphire & Ruby lolz! It sounds like it COULD be useful...haha

Last edited:

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
    Years
  • I'm assuming that these don't include spin-offs such as PMD, because that would get my vote. Other than PMD, it would be a tie between Emerald and Colosseum(not XD).

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Colosseum was cool and all, but I can't stop loving Emerald. It just had more stuff to do compared to its predecessors–especially taking down two teams at once–and the Battle Frontier first introduced me to competitive battling.

blackmorale

風の行方
    Years
  • So hard. :c I never actually played Emerald, but I read about its features such as the animated sprites and Battle Frontier. I like how FRLG was remade (and I was very fond of the originals), and they reminded me so much about my childhood, but Sapphire gets my vote. I was introduced to newer Pokemon, and it was this game that helped me really get into anime and eventually into Japanese music (long story lol). Sapphire over Ruby because I found that having Blaziken and Kyogre on my team completely rules.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2012
    Pokemon Colosseum- It's was the first game i got a Pokemon up to lv.100 and I didnt even know what i was doing. The pokemon was Espeon that i nicknamed ESPEONE(insert as many male signs as possible) And up to this day Espeon is my favorite Pokemon -=(poor Umbreon was lv.96 at the time)=-

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    For me its between ruby,emerald and firered...my first pokemon games...i stole them from my neighbor before he moved!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • From the list, my favourite game was Ruby. Yeah, Emerald was technically the superior game, but I hated gen 3 so at least with Ruby as I played it I went, "well, it has to get better" but with Emerald I pushed myself through it and all I could think was "oh god this is as good as it gets because I still have all the water routes to go fml". (Why the hell did I even buy/play Emerald?)

But my favourite gen 3 game was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue, although Red was the same game. :x Since Box is up on the list, I'm gonna assume all spinoffs are technically fair game. But if not, my initial vote stands. :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'd say Colloseum due to it being in the poll but this is GBA forum, so uh, LG for the cartridge and Sapphire because it was what I got used to/played the most. XD;

Back