• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

which is your favourite pokemon generation

spiderpigryan

poketrainer
Years
  • This is a question about general pokemon the question is:
    What is your favourite pokemon generation and why?

and what is your favourite game of that generation and why?

my favourite generation is number 3 because of the storyline and the new pokemon they made in the generation which wasnt as many as 5 but it was still quite a lot and the storyline beats every other storyline.

my favourite pokemon game in that generation is pokemon emerald because I like how the storyline is about both team aqua and team magma not like sapphire (just team aqua) and ruby (just team magma). I also like emerald because of the fact you can get all the 3 main legendaries which are rayquazza, groudon and kyogre which again is different from sapphire (which is just kyogre) and ruby (which is just groudon)

Years
  • I adored heart gold and soul silver. It had such a good combination of nostalgia and new features that I rarely found anything I didn't like in it. Thinking of it I can't actually think of anything I didn't like about them.

spiderpigryan

poketrainer
    Years
  • Generation III. Hoenn was a masterpiece. <3 Gen IV was just too spacey and all powerful.

I agree with you totaly there although gen 4 was quite good, I really liked gen two and it was amazing to play through its just something is missing from it i cant quite put my finger on it but there is something in it that doesnt do it for me to be honest but besides that one thing i still cant put my finger on it was amazing
    order of faves for me is:
    5 joint with 2

Last edited:
    Years
  • Gen III, just because Yellow was my favourite game and the graphics and sound are so much better in FireRed (even though I didn't start with Pikachu ;)). Ruby was pretty good, too.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2011
    In my opinion First Gen and Fifth Gen, Simlpy because they kept original pokemon and there were ONLY those 150 to catch! :D Obviously when you completed you can get more on Black/White but it's still got a Whole pokedex! :D

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I like the I and II gen the best for the Pokémon, and III gen for the story and new features. I grew up playing those games, and they mean a lot to me.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I liked Gen III because of its very catchy music. My favorite game from there is Emerald because the Battle Frontier gave me a lot of things to do after I beat Wallace.

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen yesterday
    Gen 3 and 4 are my favourites
    2 second favourite
    1 third
    And 5 least favourite.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Gen IV. I wasn't much a fan of DP, but Platinum ironed out most of the problems with it and was splendid, while HGSS are my second-favourite games to date. Honourable mention to Gen II, which made so many crucial changes to the game mechanics (Special split, Dark and Steel types, breeding) and Gen V, which has been awesome so far, but I'll wait for the 3rd version and possible RSE remakes before I cast my final judgment on the gen as a whole.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • I'd have to say 3rd gen. All the surfing, diving, and added things like the abandoned ship in RSE gave it a whole life of its own.

Also 3rd gen had FRLG which had Kanto. 'nuff said.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    gen 3 revolutionized pokemon. It was amazing. its by far my favourite

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2011
    Gen 1 for sure. Every pokemon's name and look felt unique. The newer ones don't really click well with me at all =/

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • What is your favourite pokemon generation and why?
    Hmmm Generation 4 because of the fact that they introduced more of my favorite Pokemon such as Drifblim, Spiritomb, Dusknoir and Giratina

and what is your favourite game of that generation and why?
    POkemon Platinum because of the Pokemon Super Contest and the Pokemon Battle Frontier

:t354:TG

Zaicon

Gameplay Expert
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2019
    I like the third-generation more than the other generations. Of course, Emerald was my favorite third-gen game.

I disliked the fifth-gen Pokemon, since most of the Pokemon were not very creative (Vanillite+evolutions?).

Years
  • My favorite generation used to be 2nd, but now it's 3rd due to a recent replay of my Emerald and realization of how much fun I've had with it. My old file on Emerald had the most play time I've ever gotten on one game: 262 hours and change.

Favorite gen: 3rd
    Favorite game of that gen: Emerald
    Least favorite game of that gen: Ruby
    Favorite game not necessarily of that gen: Emerald
    Least favorite gen: 5th
    Least favorite game of that gen: Black
    Favorite game of that gen: White
    Least favorite game not necessarily of that gen: Red

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • GEN I happens to be my fav. I like the 'original' and simple style of Pokemon (not dissing other generations or anything) I just like the way they look. My favourite game from GEN I is Firered, It also suprised me with the sevii islands.

Back