• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which Kanto Gym Leader is your Favourite?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Again, just as the title asks, which one of the Gym Leaders from these Kanto remake games are your personal favourite and why? They could be because of their personality, their challenge in battle, or anything else you can think of!

For example, I tend to favor Erika more, from Celadon City! She's been my personal favourite for years now, because she's quite serene, and I do love her awkward carefree nature to just doze off at times, haha. If you've played HG/SS, you'll see that she's pretty much a gossiper too. o3o

Years
  • Erika is very cute design-wise and I like her as a character, though it's sad that she (and the rest of the Kanto gym leaders, really) hardly play any roles outside sitting in their gym. Guess I'm spoiled with seeing gym leaders traverse the region or areas surrounding their hometown and the like in newer games, haha.

Surge is really awesome as well though and I wish so very much that we could learn a bit more of his backstory.

Galmar

Banned
    Years
  • Blaine, since I like how he had the guts to live near an active volcano. He also looks better than the others too.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • My favorite will always be Blaine. He seems some mysterious person with his quizzes in his Gym. He is a scientist, but his Johto sprite shows he is a typical tourist as well. In the Pokémon Adventures manga he shows to have created Mewtwo, even being part of it, which is totally awesome.
    My second favorite is Sabrina because she has psychic powers as well, being almost a psychic Pokémon herself too.

Years
  • Koga. The guy's a badass ninja. He has a really cool design; if you see him, you don't want to mess with him.

VSKoga.png

Years
  • About the HGSS version, i like Sabrina. But she is very (VERY) different from the old version... I mean, always she has been different, since Red, Fire Red, and also in the Anime...

In the other versions I like Koga. I think he's quite great as a gym leader member and now better as an Elite four member (when i played Silver or Crystal I have to say that it's was a shocking surprise to see him in the Elite Four! And see that in "3 years" many things had changed... I just love that history. And, of course, I love HGSS). Anyway, i think it's a great Gym Leader (although i really don't like Poison type pokemons haha) so I think is great 'cause he seems self-controlled, serious and quite strong.

That's it! Take care

OriginRoute

The Omnipotent Origin
    Years
  • I like Misty's new design in HG/SS. It's completely different compared to the old design.
    Not to mention the perfect combination of vest/jacket and swimsuit.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    It's a toss between Erika and Sabrina. Erika because she loves nature/natural things and is traditional. Ultimately what I love. Sabrina on the other hand is a total bad ass. Ultimately what I wish I was lol.

Years
  • My favorite type is grass. That being said, my favorite leader is not Erika. My friends all went Charmander to my Bulbasaur, thought they were so funny. They got to the first gem and whined, what the heck? This is garbage! All we have are normals, bugs, flying and one fire. I didn't think they deserved to know about the early access to mankeys. I love you Brock for being one shot by Vine Whip, and one-shotting their Charmanders and Pidgeys.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • I agree with a lot of others here.

Sabrina = badass.

She's been the toughest challenge, and her character... well, pretty much speaks for itself.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • I liked Sabrina. She was very fun to go against and had a pretty cool gym. o:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, it would definitely have to be Giovanni, without a doubt.

What makes this person so distinct is, in my eyes, he is the boss of Team Rocket--a criminal organization; alongside, he had also managed to make it into as Gym Leader, which is certainly respectable. Realistically, it wouldn't have been an easy task to be signing-up for such as a role if you're also in-charge something such as Team Rocket (the league might not have known about this beforehand, I suppose, allowing the guy to get through hiring process, but still), but he has managed to get it done.

As far as battling goes, he's not too easy, but he isn't overly difficult, either, which I do admire. It had taken me a couple of tries to get Giovanni beaten (in his gym) for the first time. Aside from him, I'm also a fan of Erika, as well as Misty.

JVS

The very best.
    Years
  • This is hard. I love all the gym leaders in the Kanto region. Brock is Brock and Misty is Misty. LT Sturge is awesome, Erika is cute, Koga is even more awesome, Sabrina is a bad-ass, Blaine is Blaine and, of course, Giovanni is Giovanni. I don't talk about Blue, because the first 8 I described are the real Kanto gym leaders, so let's keep at that. I don't know wich one is my favourite, but I gotta go with Giovanni. His character is the most well constructed from all the leaders, and he is the most bad-ass of them all, just by being the leader of the greatest crime organization in the world, and secretly being a gym leader.

Years
  • I have to go with Blaine. Blaine is so awesome. He's a gym leader I always look forward to battling. Fire types are one of my favorite types, and he uses some of my favorites. I like his gym puzzle too.

Back