• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which language?

Playing in which language?

• Total voters

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
  • Which language will you play this game in?

I'll play it in French even though I grew up in an English-speaking area. I played Bloody Platinum and Blaze Black in French. I'm pretty good in the language and it doesn't hurt to practice. Especially since I can't afford to travel, even to Québec.

Nowadays I practice French mostly by downloading French dubs of anime (Tsubasa Chronicle sounds godly in French). There are a few good French torrent sites with really good content. And I occasionally find people online through a pen pal site (interpals.net).

Si tu veux m'aider, tu peux m'ajouter sur Skype =)

Last edited:

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • English for sure. It's the only language I'm fluent in ^_^

Years
  • I like the practicing idea. I'll be playing English being my first language, but if you can flip-flop while playing the game I think it'd be fun to test my Spanish every now and then.

Years
  • I'll probably play majority of the game in Korean (or entirety if I can't change language settings during the game) so I can remember/learn couple of Korean words, I'm already fluent at it but it's got a bit rusty. Maybe I'll do a blog about it.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I know that on my first run of the game I'll play it on my native language, Español! I just hope that the Spanish will be the Latin American version (like the one used here in the USA) and not the Iberian Spanish. Even if it's the Iberian version I'll still play it.

[¡¡estoy super emociónado por jugar Pokémon en mi idioma nativo -
    cuidado Pokémon de Kalos, te voy atrapar ya!!]

Years
  • As much as I'd want to attempt playing the game in another language, I'm playing the game in English as it's the only language I know fluently.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    I somehow find confusing myself with playing the game in a foreign language something rather enjoyable, but I'll just play in English so I can actually make some real progress.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2014
    from what ive read, once you choose a language, you have to stick with it for the remainder of the game, no changing during gameplay

i'll be playing in English, as that's the only language I know that are choices. i'd love to try and play in Latin, though

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    English because it's the only one (from those options) that I speak fluently.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • English at first, and then maaaaybe French just for the whole theme that Kalos has going on.

I can relate to that. Ratatouille is the only Pixar movie I only watched in French and never in English. It just made sense to me that way. I understood everything perfectly after watching it a few times, so why bother listening to a bunch of Americans try to pretend to be French people trying to speak English?

Because of Ratatouille, I made a decision that I will only watch in French every movie/TV show/whatever that takes place in France.

I REALLY wish I could find a French dub of The Smurfs (Les Schtroumpfs) cartoon from the 1980's. The original comic strips are by French-speaking Belgians.

Sirfetch’d

I will be playing mine in English because I want to be able to understand my game as best as I can when I am playing it. I also don't want to be lost when picking attacks as that would become really troublesome at times.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Defenitely French.
    I already talk English fluently and seeing the games are set in France, it can't hurt practicing my French or does it?
    It just hurts to see Nice not being in the game, I went to a French language school there :( It's the most awesome city in France lol.
    But yeah I'd love to see the ability to switch languages during your playthrough. I don't think it's likely though as the pokémon names would have to change as well...

I REALLY wish I could find a French dub of The Smurfs (Les Schtroumpfs) cartoon from the 1980's. The original comic strips are by French-speaking Belgians.
    yeah and the guy who made it lives in my hometown ib the netherlands lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2013
    I'm gonna try Italian since it's close enough to my home language and I want to practice, maybe try French in future reruns.

Romaov

Orra
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2016
    First run in English, then if we can change the languages, I'm gonna switch between Japanese and English.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm going with English language because I can understand the game easier. But I might try Japanese one if I can change the languages mid-game.

Back