• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which language?

Playing in which language?

• Total voters

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
  • I will be playing mine in English because I want to be able to understand my game as best as I can when I am playing it. I also don't want to be lost when picking attacks as that would become really troublesome at times.

That's actually not a problem. If you can read the writing system and have a basic understanding of the language, it's really easy. Especially with Pokémon games. And the dialogue is very children-friendly so the text never gets difficult to understand.

If I was better at reading Kana and Hangul, I'd consider trying to play in Japanese or Korean. I can easily do the other languages but it would be pointless because I don't speak those languages.

I REALLY hope that someday a game comes out in Russian. Then I'll play in Russian because I've been taking classes in the language.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I'll be playing the games in English, koff~

I can always pick up some more Japanese stories and books later. I really wan to avoid being confused. Also, I think that's the only way I can play the games. Unless there are options to change the language, I'll be sticking with English on this one, koffi~

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2022
    I'm playing in English, because there's no Vietnamese or Chinese option that I can use. I really want to strengthen my ability to speak both languages in a way that I won't just casually quit after a few weeks.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
  • I'm glad the Pokémon games finally have language options - it always got me so frustrated that they didn't because I always want to play in english.
    English is by far my favourite language and I always had to have relatives send me an english copy of the Pokémon games which means I could only play several weeks after the actual release. : (

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I like playing in English because then i wont have to look up the pokemon names for the are, only in the first 2 to 3 gens i know both the German and English names. Otherwise German.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • Even though i'm French, i'll think i'll play it in English because most of the people playing Pokémon i talk with are English-speaking people, so it would be better to understand each-other with the names of the Pokémons and so on

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2014
    I'm a spanish speaker but since R/B/Y I've always played the games in english so I'm already used to it. Besides, the names of the attacks, town names, etc in spanish are horrible.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I wish the Arabic language was implemented, It's my second language spoken. It would definitely help my reading skills in a more entertaining way.
    I'm going to be playing in English then.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2014
    Definitely English. I might do french later because I went to a french immersion school before highschool

Years
  • English! :) Would've been cool to play in Russian since I'm a native speaker and practice my reading (..haven't had to read anything for ages) but it isn't even on the list. Once I'm a bit better at Japanese though, I plan to replay using that.

Years
  • As tempting as it would be to play in another language, I feel that I should stick to using English as my language. Being that this is the first Pokemon on the 3DS, I would like to be able to fully enjoy playing the game as much as I can. So, with English set as my language, I'll have the least amount of problems of misunderstandings of situations and attacks.

But it would be nice to play in Spanish, as I understand it fairly well, or Japanese or Korean as I can understand those two somewhat okay.
    I'm thinking of doing just that if I get the other version later on or something like that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I'm not good at deciphering languages so I played in English because it was the language that I could understand the most.

Back