• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Legendary created humans and pokemon?

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
  • Hey, I've recently had an idea for a Fan Fiction forming in my head, but before I can begin typing it, I have some pokemon lore that I need to have settled. As the title stated, I am wondering which legendary created both pokemon and humans? Some of you that are less versed in pokemon lore would probably say Arceus or Mew. I'm going to rule those two out immediately. Mew was a rare and mysterious pokemon, and Arceus helped to improve the lives of humans, but he never actually created them. Because they're so powerful, some people have deemed them the "Gods of Pokemon", mainly because they don't pay any real attention. The ones that I have ruled out so far besides them are:

Groudon: Created the land
    Kyogre: Created the oceans
    Dialga: Master of Time
    Palkia: Master of Space
    Celebi: A time traveling pokemon
    The Birds(Besides Ho-Oh and Lugia. Not sure as to those): Just rare pokemon.

I haven't played Black or White yet, but I have watched virtually all the other movies and played all the other games. I can't quite remember which one was accredited to the creation of humans and pokemon. I'm thinking Ho-Oh, but again, I'm not sure. Also, anything else that I haven't listed here are either ones that I'm not sure about, or are so obvious that they didn't create humans and pokemon that I felt no need to list them(I.E: Mewtoo and Deoxys).

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I'm of the school of thought that all the mythical feats credited to legendary pokémon are just things of legend with no method of verifying them. For the most part, all the legendaries are simply extremely rare and powerful pokémon with considerable degree of control over their particular elemental affinity over their nonlegendary counterparts.

If you are a mythological literalist though, Arceus is the closest thing the Pokémon World has to a creation deity, as it supposedly hatched from an egg that appeared in the primordial void and proceeded to create all living things (which eventually diverged into humans and pokémon via Darwinian evolution).

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • Humans came about through evolution. All Pokemon evolved from Mew. Arceus creating the universe is just a myth.

Years
  • It's Arceus. Everyone can say it's a myth but the Pokemon world is simplistic. The only thing ever mentioned that created the universe was Arceus. So, it's Arceus.

shaymin♥

Expert Trainer
    Years
  • Yes, it is most certainly Arceus as mentioned in the movies. But, you had a good thinking process as the Pokemon you listed helped create the environment :D.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Humans came about through evolution. All Pokemon evolved from Mew. Arceus creating the universe is just a myth.

I can't quite remember, but I think it was a bookcase in the Canalave library (in DPPt) that implied that humans and pokemon have common ancestry in Pokemonian mythology.

Like I said above and you repeated though, I don't give much credence to in-universe mythology though. XD

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2013
    I'd definitely have Arceus as creating the template of the universe so the others could expand off that (Ie, Groudon raising the land mass)
    But maybe include Giratina? You could have him as the creator of the negative space that keeps the normal world in balance (Ie, stops it all going to hell :p)

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen yesterday
    Well you forgot Giratina the creator of anti-matter.
    If I remember me correctly.
    Mew is the mother of all pokemon so Mew created the pokemon.
    And I think arcues is supposed to be God, I think he created the humans. Like God is said to have created the humans.

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2013
    Mew is the mother of all pokemon so Mew created the pokemon.
    And I think arcues is supposed to be God, I think he created the humans. Like God is said to have created the humans.

Arcues is the supposed creator of the universe and everything in it, so that would mean he created mew and thus in turn created all pokemon.

The whole Arceus thing is a bit mind boggling to some people because he comes in the 4th generation of pokemon. Even though we first see him in the 4th gen he pre dates everything else (So that means mew)

I don't think Arcues created humans though, I'm not sure. If anyone actually knows who created humans in Poke'lore could you post it.

Volcoronawing649

New Recruit
    Years
  • Arceus. It's says in his Pokedex entry (or at least I think it does) that he was born before the Pokemon world even existed and that he created it! I know he doesn't look like much of a god, but he is..._______________________________________________________________________

Volcarona FTW! Oh, and Larvesta, he is cool too....

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I think that Arceus created the universe, the creation trio (Dialga, Palkia, Giratina), the lake trio (Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit), the weather trio (Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza) and eventually, Mew (who eventually developed into the other Pokemon known today). I'm not too sure if Arceus did create humans, though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    The thing is, there's no real answer here. As far as we know and as far as the games and whatnot say so far, there's no actual confirmation about which legendary "created" Pokemon, or humans, or if they were "created" by any sort of deity at all! And, on top of that, it all depends on how literally you want to take the lore of the Pokemon world. As Timbjerr suggests, it could all just be loose suspicions attributed to the "legendary" Pokemon. And then, on the other hand, it could all be very literal, considering the nature of the series. We just don't really know and can't really tell beyond speculation and theories.

Ideally, based on what you've got to work with, Arceus is probably the most obvious answer. But, since it's kind of entirely up to your interpretation you could probably find a way to justify lots of other legendaries creating humans and/or Pokemon. All we know of Arceus is that he supposedly created the universe and the most relevant of the Sinnoh legendaries. Some other legendary, or some other event or natural process, might have brought about humans and Pokemon. I guess Mew is probably relevant here too, since it's implied that Mew is the common ancestor of all Pokemon.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Arceus is the simplest answer, and it was chosen by the developers.
    Instead of leaving us wondering questions about Mew and so on, they created Arceus => debate over. God is at the heart of everything: it created Pokémon that created the space, it created Pokémons that created the world, it created Pokémon that created every being but it remains the ultimate creator.

NeoPsychedelia

Admiral of the Pokéfleet
    Years
  • I'm going to hop onto the Arceus agreement bandwagon here, because it ultimately created the universe and the world's foundation. I could also go as far as to infer that Arceus created the rest of the legendaries, too.

goldenyellowcrystal

A Black Crystal of Mystery
    Years
  • Arceus may have created the universe... But still, Mew has all the Pokemon DNA... Also, Mew knows Transform. IMO, there's a Mew who transformed into Arceus, created the universe, then more Mews... and legendaries and the like.
    This is only my viewpoint

Back