• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Legendary is NOT worthy of its Legendary status?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    the point im making is that there are so many legendaries thrown into a generation now that they've lost what made them so unique to me to begin with. yeah they have cool backstories and they can do some cool things, but imo they're just kind of there for the sake of being there. never said I disliked any of them, some are just meh... besides the kami trio and heatran, truly dislike those. if having some folklore is what justifies a legendary to you then that's fine, it just isn't enough for me.

also want to add the lunar duo was a perfect example of two really great concepts that should of been saved to be highlighted in a future game instead of a side story that can't be fully enjoyed unless you got the event
    I think the problem is less "there's too many legendary Pokemon in existence" and more "there's too many legendary Pokemon available in this game." It's alright I guess if there's a few legendary and event Pokemon around; each place has their own folklore and legendary creatures, but in Unova and Sinnoh there were a huge amount of legendary Pokemon available for capture. Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Cresselia, Darkrai, Heatran, Regigigas, Shaymin, Manaphy, Arceus... it's alright to have a few legendaries in the game but that's a load of legendary Pokemon coming from just one region, and three of those are event legendaries, and that's not going into Unova which has no less than THREE legendary Pokemon trios as well as four more event legendaries. I guess they just feel like they're there, and some of them have placement that makes no sense like Regigigas who should be in Hoenn stationed with the Regi trio, and the Kami trio which belong in Kanto or Johto.

As for Darkrai and Cresselia, their relationship WAS shown somewhat... in a side game. I don't really know why the games didn't focus on them; Darkrai's ability would be very exploitable for an evil team.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    being shown in a side game really doesn't compare or come close to being featured in a main series game

Last edited:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    If I could choose the least qualified for its status, obviously Genesect. Being a prehistoric bug and being revived with metallic traits isn't considered legendary. I mean, you can get an Omastar and upgrade it. Bam. It can't be a legendary this way.

Back