• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which main series region do yo hate the most.

Least favorite region?(main series games only)

• Kanto

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Johto

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Unova

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Loved them all! ^_^

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Hated them all >.<

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liked a few, hated a few.

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

den899pop

Jolteon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    Well i love all of them except for sinnoh, i mean like seriously,So oring

(lol i just realized) Every Region theres a new girl Ash is following (Ash you stalker)

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
    I am apparently the first to hate Johto.

I dont really hate it, it just doesn't feel like a region. Its more of an extension of Kanto (which, in a sense, it really is) And it doesnt have enough interesting things. Also, the trainers and the gym leaders are WEAK.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    I voted Hoenn, but I'm not sure whether I'm basing that off of the region or the game itself. The bad graphics sure didn't help it (as well as that horrible font they used :\ ) A good remake of it in the future could change my opinion on it.

Johto is probably my favourite region, mainly because of places like Ecruteak :) Both Kanto and Johto just seem more soulful regions than Hoenn or Sinnoh. I don't have any opinions on Unova yet.

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
    Strangely, I liked them all. They all have a different storyline (obviously) and had awesome Pokes in each. I didn't include Isshu/Unova as I haven't played it yet.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Ahhh what is with all the Sinnoh hate? It was by far my most loved region! I found it had by far, the most things to do in it (CHAINING!!), and I also thought it was the best shaped and most detailed of all the regions. It had everything, surf, sandstorm, snow, caves, mountains, forests, plains, beaches. And the towns and cities were not bland like the other regions.

Johto is the worst for me. So bland/ boring, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FUN TO DO IN IT. I feel like chucking my DS everytime I walk through Ilex forest or Indigo Plateau. And Kanto close behind, because of its crappy town layout, crappy terrain and lack of things to do in it.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    I haven't played through Sinnoh, so I can't really say about it, so I'm just judging Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn.

I LOVE Kanto. It's the best region ever. It's nostalgic for me, and I have all of it memorized. Although the layout isn't extremely interesting nowadays, it holds a charm that in my opinion, cannot be matched. I would love to see a remake of Kanto, but bigger. Bigger cities, more room between cities, bigger routes, a bigger story. Make it feel like a country. Make cities actually look like cities.

I love Johto. I don't love it as much as Kanto, because when I'm playing it, I think about Kanto for some reason. Like I wish I could be playing a Kanto story instead of the Johto one. I guess it's because of my bias towards Kanto.

As for Hoenn, it's nothing special. It's nostalgic for me as well, but I don't hold it deep in my heart as I do Kanto.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Johto without a doubt is my least favorite region. Incredibly small and not many neat side stops in the area.
    Sinnoh is next, mainly because I did not care for very many of the Pokemon in that region, and later playthroughs of Diamond made it almost a challenge to sit down and play it.
    Not really many thoughts on Kanto, but Hoenn is my favorite. I actually enjoyed all of the water routes, as well as Mt. Chimney, Meteor Falls, etc. My favorite places, though, were the routes before and after Fortree City.

syotipoke

Nub3r Whatever
    Years
    Personally, I loathe Kanto. Too many caves turned me off. Johto and Hoenn are borderline. But I like Sinnoh the best. There's tons to explore, tons to do, and many opportunities to SR. Johto also has me here, but at a lesser scale.

P.S. It's still my brothers game. ROFL XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2016
    Hmm...
    I don't mind Kanto, but I'd love a DS remake on a bigger and better scale, the GBC and GBA ones aren't enough. I love all the starters, especially the Charmander family!
    Johto is OK, but I've had the least experience with it. Seems a bit small really, and I'm not keen on the set of Pokemon. Some I like, but the starters are meh, I always choose Totodile as it's the only one I love, and I don't really like Feraligatr, but I have to evolve it because it'll be too weak :(
    Hoenn is boring as a region to me :( While I love the starters and all their evolutions, I think I've played it so many times I'm bored of it :p Also, the Surf from Petalburg to Slateport is literally the worst segment of a Pokemon game ever, it's far too long and soooo boring!
    Sinnoh is a great region, probably my fave. I can never choose a starter, cause I love them all so much, especially Chimchar! There's a good balance between water, caves and other features so you don't get bored easily. And there's plenty of Pokemon I love!
    Can't comment on Unova really, I'll wait for B/W to be out here. But I love what I've seen of the Pokemon in hacks I've played, even though they can't use their new moves and they're usually without the cry they'll have in B/W.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
    Johto. Loved the GBC games to death as a kid, but being older and playing through the remakes made me realize how much I hated trudging through and getting to the next town. It just felt a bit... lackluster and scrunched up until you get access to Kanto.

And then there's the whole "LOL YOU HAVE TO DO THIS ONE REALLY ANNOYING THING BEFORE YOU CAN FIGHT THE GYM LEADER IN THIS TOWN LOL DURR HURRH," thingy in the remakes. Not cool. ;n;

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    Considering Hoenn is the best thats one less option to pick.I mean its the hardest game to complete to date (when you add all 8 gold symbols to the meaning of "completing")hich is only followed by orre in difficulty when you count the orre colloseum in XD

If it were anime I'd say johto because its just full of filler episodes, but the games were prety nice. but nothing too special about it in my opinion. I dont hate it but not my favorite. You cant beat Hoenn battle frontier s0n.

Kanto is cool for nostalgic people but Its seen the most opertunities to be gone to and will get a little borring. I still dont hate it though.

Sinnoh wasnt boring but I dislike how they nerfed pokemon contests. I mean comeon, no jam moves? no combos? no pokeblocks???? those pofins hurt my hands trying to make!!!!! And like I said before You aint gonna beat Hoenn battle frontier s0n!!!

Years
    I used to hate Hoenn the most, but lately, I think I hate Sinnoh the most.

Maybe because now I miss Hoenn since it has yet to get a remake. Sinnoh just seems boring to me now and I don't really like the pokemon.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
    I, II and III are for sure fine and IV is 'ok' can't really tell for the fifth one yet as I didn't look at it too much aside from pictures here and there. What I hate is the storyline and some pokes in the IV and V one, Regions are fine.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    I have to say Sinnoh is my least favorite region at this point. I was going to say Kanto, but its 4th Gen remake made me change that. Platinum Sinnoh had cool new areas(Battle Frontier and the Distortion World), and refurbished others, but when HGSS arrived, Sinnoh as a whole now feels bland to me. It may largely deal with the nostalgia, but hey - graphically Kanto and Johto were a step above Sinnoh in my eyes. For Hoenn though, defintely the most exotic of the five main regions in my opinion. That already made me like the region in terms of geography. Unova tops all others for me at the moment though; the fact Castelia City is based after New York City and the region drawing inspiration from the U.S. and the west makes me happy indeed :)

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    I hate Kanto.
    Even though it holds many memories, i still don't like its layout.
    There's nothing to do, boring Pokemon are there and walking through areas is plain boring for me.
    Sinnoh and Hoenn come in close second because of the dirty, ugly and mountainous landscape of Sinnoh and Hoenn's huge seas. Seriously, highest level pokemon in tall grass are around Lv.26. :/

Years
    In order of Least Favourite to favourite regions:

Sinnoh: It just feels bland, and after the first playthrough, it gets boring to play through after that.
    Kanto: I dont dislike this region, but it just doesn't entertain me like it used to. Possibly cause of playing through it every generation.
    Johto: It was a hard choice between Johto and Hoenn, but I like Johto less because the wild pokemon only get into the 20's and you can play through the whole region in 8 hours if your playing fast.
    Hoenn: I love this region. I have played through it over 100 times, and still get a thrill from playing through it, albeit being a bit too easy.

Unova: Unrated, due to not having played through it.

Back