• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which names do you hate/like?

Junichi

Freshman at college!
Years
  • Which names are your fav and least fav?
    I like teh names Cassie, Ashley, Junichi, Mary, Susana, Haruka, Yuuta, Naoko, Seiko, Chihiro
    I dislike teh names Eli, Wendy, Lena, Kenny, Maria

Hazuki-san

Doesn't exist
    Years
  • My favorite names:

Cassie
    Harrison
    Eli *Its a nice name, what are you talking about?*
    Timmy
    Kevin
    Nick
    Jack
    Johnny
    Gary
    Sid

Least favorite:

Guys' names who are on girls

orange*berry

Has catching up to do...
    Years
  • I don't see anything wrong with the name Eli either. n.n() I guess after being adressed by the same name for your whole life, you tend to bore of it... I know alot of people who are unhappy with their names. n.n()(Either that or they've always disliked it n.n()()())

Hitomi is a cute name. *nod nod*

G-LANCE

Fire and Dragon!!!
    Years
  • Junichi said:
    Which names are your fav and least fav?
    I like teh names Cassie, Ashley, Junichi, Mary, Susana, Haruka, Yuuta, Naoko, Seiko, Chihiro
    I dislike teh names Eli, Wendy, Lena, Kenny, Maria

hey what u dissin kenny for! my names kenny! junichi ain't all that normal either...SHEESH!

anyway

favorite names
    kenny
    nina
    kevin
    albert
    calvin
    jenny

dislikes
    judy
    ---any complicated name that's hard to spell/pronounce---

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
  • orange*berry said:
    I don't see anything wrong with the name Eli either. n.n() I guess after being adressed by the same name for your whole life, you tend to bore of it... I know alot of people who are unhappy with their names. n.n()(Either that or they've always disliked it n.n()()())

Hitomi is a cute name. *nod nod*
    I agree, Mayuka is also a cute name heh.
    Umm as for me I enjoy names with meaning such as Tenchi meaning heaven and earth. Names I don't enjoy are ones that are insulting the child like on the movie "Meet the Parents" the guy was named Gay Lord M Focker lol now for obvious reasons why I don't enjoy names like that as funny as it is.

Tsukushi-chan

Evil Genius
    Years
  • I like the names Akira, Akane(it's been a favorite of mine since I was about eight. o.o), Mark, Matt, Matilda, Mario, Vinnie, Desir?, Pamela, Phoebe, Joey, ect...

I don't dislike any names. ^^ Any name can be cute.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Well, I like all names so far, but I did know one boy named 'Helrod'. O.o (Yesss. Pronounced just like it's spelled.) His mother's name was Helen, and his dad's name was Rodney, so they added those two together to make that name. -_-; I felt so sorry for him having to live with that name, but now I figured out they're calling him by his middle name now... lol.

And.. I like my name, Kayleigh. ^_^; I think it's cute spelled with 'leigh', but anyways. Here's my list...

Girls
    ----

Kayleigh (ME! n_n)
    May (Cute!)
    Holly (Cute!)
    Madison (Pretty/Cute!)
    Mimi (Cute!)
    Rita (Pretty/Cute!)
    Laura (It's my mom's name..)
    Sakura (Pretty!)
    Misty (Pretty! It was my horse's name. o.o)
    Michele (Middle name!)
    Miyu (It's cute! ^_^)
    Yuki (Penpal's name... it's cute!)
    Marina (It's pretty..)
    Kasumi (Pretty!)
    Lei (It's a pretty Hawaiian name. *_*)

And lots of others... I have a lot of 'M' names. O_o

Boys
    -----

Gary (I'm not just saying that because he's my favorite, lol.)
    Harrison (Ahaha... *sighs*)
    Jake (Even though it's my brother's name... =_=)
    Masato (It's cuuutttee! n_n)

Geez, I'm bad at thinking of boys' names... Ehehe, this list is so short. ^^'

(Well, I had to add comments to all of them. >_>)

Blaine

Mon chere...
    Years
  • Hazuki-san said:
    Least favorite:

Guys' names who are on girls
    -mock cries- YOU HATE MY NAME!!! Lol, Blaine is a man's name obviously. -refers to Gym Leader Blaine.- It's Gaelic for like yellow, tall, and lanky or somethin or the other. I was called a guy for weeks after that...But anyway.

-My FAVORITE names-
    Gals
    Elisabeth
    Sophie (The French pronounciation)
    Ami
    Blaise (One of the male camp counselors at the camp I went to called me this)
    Arden
    Blaine (I've grown to love it)
    Gabrielle
    Stormi (I actually know someone by this name)

Bois
    Ezekiel
    Zeke
    Andrew (Almost every guy I've ever liked had this name, lol)
    Jon
    Derek
    Luke
    Laine (Lane)

And eh...More ta come! Hehe...

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • @_@ I won't say names I hate (although there are a lot of them) just so I won't insult other members, but... XD Here are the ones I like.

Girls
    Erica (teehee~)
    Mika (There's a funny story behind this one. I made up the name "Mikara" for one of my characters in my manga. I always shorten the name to Mika, so barely everyone knows Mikara. Aaanyway... I was at Anime North and there was a "beginner's Japanese" course. The teacher was Mika. I ACTUALLY GUESSED A REAL JAPANESE NAME! rofl. I was so happy. XD)
    Sakura
    Katherine
    Kaylin
    Kayla
    Kayley/Kayleigh (I like -ley better. It looks nicer, imo @_@)
    Clair
    Elizabeth
    Cassandra

Boys
    Cameran (BEST NAME EVER!!!! o_O)
    Christopher
    Jordan
    Jason
    Cayden (sp?)
    Andrew
    Adriano (the nickname "adge" is funny XD)

Hazuki-san

Doesn't exist
    Years
  • Blaine said:
    -mock cries- YOU HATE MY NAME!!! Lol, Blaine is a man's name obviously. -refers to Gym Leader Blaine.- It's Gaelic for like yellow, tall, and lanky or somethin or the other. I was called a guy for weeks after that...But anyway.

No, I seen RL girls named Blaine. Its a good name. I'm talking names like Kevin, Jason, names like that

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've yet to see a girl named Kevin. o_O;;

That would probably freak me out too. x_x;

Btw, Derek is another name I like. XD

Blaine

Mon chere...
    Years
  • Lightning said:
    I've yet to see a girl named Kevin. o_O;;

That would probably freak me out too. x_x;

Btw, Derek is another name I like. XD
    I love the name Derek... I know a girl named Daniel, lol.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Hmm, I don't really dislike names, I mean, names are just what you adress someone by.I like a bunch of names, It's just that there's too many to count

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • heheh...no one's mentioned my name yet :P

my favorite names tend to be derived from biblical roots, (names such as Peter, Simon, Thomas, Matthew, Luke, John, Mark, Mary, Joseph)

I personally dislike names of oriental origin (kinda funny as most of my friends are Asians with oriental names...), I don't mean to put then down or anything, I'm hjust stating that I dislike them for their wierd-ness o_0

Junichi

Freshman at college!
    Years
  • G-LANCE said:
    hey what u dissin kenny for! my names kenny! junichi ain't all that normal either...SHEESH!
    QUOTE]

There was this mean guy named Kenny. Hes was always mean to me. Dont worry I dont hate you.

I don't see anything wrong with the name Eli either. n.n() I guess after being adressed by the same name for your whole life, you tend to bore of it... I know alot of people who are unhappy with their names. n.n()(Either that or they've always disliked it n.n()()())
    I dont like my name. Sounds like nerds name.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I like the name Eli...I don't think it sounds anything like a nerd's name...

of couse, when I think of it, I associate it with my cousin who is nothing like a nerd at all...

Back