• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which of the four regions starter do you perfer?

Which of the region's starter to do like better?

• Kanto

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • Johto

Votes: 36 45.0%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • I don't really know

Votes: 7 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Caelus

Gone
Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Probably Sinnoh. D:
    It's got Piplup, which evolves into my favorite Pokemon, and Turtwig.

Then comes Hoenn which has three cool starters, though I can't find them better than Empoleon.
    Johto is third and could have been my second favorite if it wasn't for Chikorita.
    And Kanto is last. Don't know why, but I really like Blastoise so it's not that I dislike them.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Kanto Starters are the most original and the best.
    After them I'll choose the Johto, because I love Totodile and Cyndaquil.

Years
  • I do believe that I'm going to have to choose Hoenn on this one. Swampert is my favorite final evolution of any starter, and I think Grovyle and Blaziken are both pretty kick butt as well [I'm not too fond of Sceptile though]. Kanto definitely comes in second place because the originals are really sentimental for me [and Charmander is just soo cute!]. After that comes Johto, and then finally Sinnoh.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • Johto, hands down. I love Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile. They are all good starters.
    I think Hoenn is the second best, ONLY because of Torchic. Everything else about Hoenn I can't stand. R/S/E were my least favorites of the Pokemon Quests.
    Sinnoh as well. I love Piplup and Chimchar. Turtwig is cute too.
    Kanto would be my last choice. I have never really liked Bulbasaur or Squirtle much. Charmander is okay though. But not really my favorite.

Johto's starter Pokemon are the only ones that I actually like a lot. They are really handy... Handier than the others, in my opinion.

Rizuza

Princess of Cuteness
    Years
  • LOL. I cheated. I voted for all of them except for Sinnoh.

I don't know, Kanto's was the best because they were original. Johto's has the cutest. Hoenn's got the most badass. ;3

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Typhlosion sucks lolololol

Sinnoh. A turtle with a tree on it; your argument is invalid.

It's also the region with the fire starter I can actually put up with. Charizard, Typhlosion and Blaziken are ridiculously unbearable because everyone thinks they're OMFGSOCASH >_>

At least Infernape can do something lol >_>

Years
  • I expected everyone to go with the Johto starters. They're pretty cool, but nothing can beat the originals. I like the first forms of the Johto starters, but the Kanto starters definitely do it for me. Charizard, Blastoise, you just can't get any better. And then there's Venusaur, who's still better than any of the Sinnoh Pokémon.

DreamQueen

I'm gonna rock your billy
    Years
  • Adore that Charmander, and all it's evolutions.

All the rest annoy me and look half retarded.

I have a hard time picking any of them.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Its really hard
    I loved johtos pokémon but kantos pokémon had better preferences.

Squirtle; The defence and attack orientated pokemon
    Charmander; the attack and speed orientated pokemon
    and Bulbasaur; the average easy trainable pokemon.

The reason bulbasaur was easy was because Charmander was annoying for the fact his defence was low and always alot of damage. And for squirtle he was slow and his worst enemy Eletric types were mostly fast.

With Bulbasaurs Average stats he had a chnce against everything he fought.

Johtos pokemon:

All of johtos pokemon were attack and speed orientated except for croconaw who barely had defence anyway.

Hoenn;

Exactly the same, Torchic was abit more speedy and mudkips evolution had abit more defence.

Then theres sinnoh.
    I hated there pokemon. But they stayed with the orientation. Ish... The fact that there were two defence orientated pokemon; Turtwig and prinplups evolutions

Sweet Visions

..is cool!
    Years
  • I love Johto because it was my first Pokemon game. Kanto in second, I love Squirtle and Bulbasaur. Never been a big Charmander fan.

Back