• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which of the Sinnoh starters do you see evolving?

Which of the Sinnoh Starters do you see evolving?

• Ash's Turtwig

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • Ash's Chimchar

Votes: 40 61.5%
  • Dawn's Piplup

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • All of them. Evolved Sinnoh starters RULE!

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • None of them. They all fail, hard.

Votes: 9 13.8%

• Total voters

Berlitz

The Bewildered Summoner
Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2013
    I see Turtwig evolving to Grotle or Torterra almost surely.
    Chimchar will at least become Monferno. If Staravia hasn`t evolved yet, it will become Staraptor ( a desobient one,as Ash`s other fully evolved pokemon)

Buizel and Gilgar...Gilgar won`t evolve. I`m not so sure about Buizel, it can stay as it is,or not.
    Piplup isn`t going to evolve untill she leaves the group,same as May. I dunno about Croagunk, I had a little hiatus before the Team Galactic battle episode. : /

Berlitz.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    yeah

id like to see the chimchar evolve just because its cool,but i do think turtwig will go up to a grotle soon enough

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
  • I see Turtwig evolving to Grotle or Torterra almost surely.
    Chimchar will at least become Monferno. If Staravia hasn`t evolved yet, it will become Staraptor ( a desobient one,as Ash`s other fully evolved pokemon)

Buizel and Gilgar...Gilgar won`t evolve. I`m not so sure about Buizel, it can stay as it is,or not.
    Piplup isn`t going to evolve untill she leaves the group,same as May. I dunno about Croagunk, I had a little hiatus before the Team Galactic battle episode. : /

Berlitz.

Gligar already did evolve, in case you didn't know.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
  • If Chimchar eventually reaches the evo of Infernape then it would be fully evo'd. You said leave it at Infernape.

Did you mean Monferno?

To answer the question, hopefully all of them, How can his pokes be in the level 60s and still not evolve? Its bs and one of the main things that pisses me off about the anime.

Yeh, Monferno. I don't know too much about Sinnoh Pokémon, or maybe just a typo. I would think by now Charizard and Charla should have some kids, would be pretty snazzy. Seeing as they have a love interest as shown in the Johto series.

.Nighthawk.

guardian of pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2010
    turtwig will end up like bulbasaur
    piplup will evolve when dawn leaves then when she comes back it will be a empoleon
    chimchar will evolve at some point in the sereis

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • I think it'll be a tie between Turtwig and Chimchar. After all, Turtwig was the first of the two Sinnoh starters Ash/Satoshi caught. But at the same time, Paul already trained Chimchar quite a bit before ditching it, so the Chimchar may evolve first instead.

With Dawn/Hikari's Piplup, which has been around longer than the Turtwig has, but at the same time as the Chimchar, it may surprise us all and be the first to evolve.

Laterna

Dream-Weaver
    Years
  • I can personally see them all evolving for reasons I think are relatively obvious with the way the anime's been going lately, which means it's probably just a ploy to throw us off and thereby means nothing will evolve although that may be part of the plan and so they throw us off and we think nothing's going to evolve and then it does evolve, which is why i've decided to believe that Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup will evolve at some point during the course of the anime...

My reasons:
    • Turtwig has had its run-ins with Paul and he's got Torterra, which would be an interesting battle ~ Grotle either besting its final form or getting beat by and thereby evoking more "special training" and more "attitude".

• Chimchar is the most obvious, with all the attention its been getting and the whole situation with Paul. I can personally see it going all the way up to Infernape and possibly growing really cocky and acting a bit like Charizard because, where it is now, Chimachar is awfully timid, but if it were to evolve into Monferno, it would be far stronger and gain confidence, of course it would listen to Ash still because it's still highly emotional, but upon evolving a final time into Infernape, it will have reached its full potential really and be over-confident and it won't listen to Ash until something really bad happens to it and it re-connects with Ash in a similar manner to Charizard, you know?

• Piplup, in all honesty, is probably the least likliest to evolve because of its similarites to Pikachu. However, building up its rivalry with Kenny's Prinplup and even that short sequence with Empoleon in Rise of Darkrai, I think we'll be seeing Dawn and Kenny, Empoleon versus Empoleon, either in the last Contest or in the Grand Festival.

Hope all that made sense ^^ *random cookie*

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Serebii updated the episode guide with two new JP episode names, one of which is extremely discussion-provoking:

Episode 568 - Turtwig, Grotle...& Torterra!

...Discuss?

Back