• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which one..?

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    I've searched and found none, so don't eat me. ._.

Which would you *prefer* in a relationship -

To love and yet be unloved, or
    to unlove and yet be loved?

Simpler terms: A one-sided love, which side would you rather have?

Years
    Oooh! I like this poll. It makes you think. :3

In the end, I think I'd rather be the one loving (to love and yet be unloved). That way, at least I'm giving instead of receiving. It seems selfish to want to be loved, and yet not return it. Of course, it's sad that I'm not getting anything in return, but I guess that's how it has to be with this poll~

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    To tell the truth, I think I'd rather "unlove and yet be loved..."

The reason, if you loved someone yet recieved none, you'd probably be filled with this empty feeling, like nothing was ever accomplished. You'd spend your life dreaming of recieving affection, while it will never come. At least when you're loved you'd know that someone thought well of you.

Yeah...It's not really a good reason, but there's me for you! =D

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    To unlove yet be loved...

When you're young and chasing for romance, of course it feels like to "have a feel" with that person is the most important. Then again, set your foresight even a bit further, and you'll realize that a relationship worths more in value if it lasts longer even if it has less "feel"... It's easier if you are the one to be loved so every "manipulative" variable is within your control.

All those "feelings" can't possibly last that long... you don't see a 50 year old couple be as close as new weds. They act like really good friends more than what we will relate "romance" with. Of course, that's not to say that I will accept anyone's love if they ever love me, as there's basic standards too... Let's just say that I have a relatively low and basic standards... Ah I'm not making sense anymore, so I'll shut up.

conclusion: unlove yet be loved

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Well I usually am loving and not being loved but I wouldn't want to go on forever like that >< I guess knowing that you feel a certain way about someone makes you happy and if they love you but you don't love them it makes an akward vibe i guess because you feel bad for leaving them hanging......it's hard to explain so I'd rather love and be unloved until i'm in an actual relationship!!

Good question^^

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    Rrobably to not love, yet be loved. That way it'll evolve into a two-prong love more quickly and efficiently.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    I pick to love but be unloved... because things are far more complicated when the person loves you but you don't care about them in return... and there's always one tiny glimmer of hope, I guess.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    It depends on how a person deals with it. Myself? I'd rather be unlove yet loved. It's easier for me to keep my distance and know that there are people out there to rely on as friends, no matter how close they want to get to me. And anyway, friendship comes first in any relationship, so to feel no desire towards a person and then work from there makes things a bit less complicated, I think.

To put it simply, I can change my own opinions and my own emotions when I want to, but I can't change someone else's, no matter how hard I try. Wasting my time on unrequited love doesn't sound like an ideal situation to me.

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
    Well I've expirenced both...its not fun either way...thats a tough question...

I mean if I was in love but wasn't loved in return...(my ex) then I don't want that...my heart was shattered when it happened to me.

And if I was loved but didn't love in return...I'd feel horrible...they would be crushed.

So I really don't know...I'd sooner jump off a bridge than answer the question. Love has and always will be the one thing I'll never understand...but I still say I know love better than most...just ask anybody that really knows me. You just can't say I love you and you just can't say it because you think your in love it goes way deeper...and sadly most will never figure that out.

Last edited:

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    To unlove yet be loved is my choice.

Love is viewed as a bit too important in my opinion. The world got around for a couple thousand years with arranged marriage and things aren't that much better now with "love" around. In fact, it probably made the world a worse place than before.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    To love but not to be loved, because then it would be easier to understand if they don't love you than if they did love you.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    Lily said:
    I've searched and found none, so don't eat me. ._.

Which would you *prefer* in a relationship -

To love and yet be unloved, or
    to unlove and yet be loved?

Simpler terms: A one-sided love, which side would you rather have?

*eats*

I prefer to unlove and be loved. Simple really.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    Eeeep... what an interesting question. If I was loved but didn't love, I'd forever feel guilty because I couldn't return the love... but if I was in love with someone and didn't get anything back from them (IT HAPPENS TOO OFTEN ;_; CRUSHES SUCK) I'd start feeling depressed and stuff...

... realistically? I'd get out of that relationship as soon as possible.

Back