• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokémon will be the next to get an evolution?

blue

gucci
Years
  • So basically, there are only a few Gen I Pokémon without evolutions since the introduction of Generations two, three, four and five. The likes of Onix, Scyther, Yanma, Aipom, Murkrow, Misdreavus, Sneasel, Magneton etc. all have had new evolutions in later generations but then there are those who have never had an evoltuion for 15 years now.. Tauros, Pinsir, Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, Lapras etc.

My question is, which Pokémon will be the next to get an evolution or will they never get them?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I hope they don't make too many more. I couldn't see very many Pokemon evolving. I mean really, what would Muk be? A ball instead of a blob? I think they should chill on the evolutions. They made a decent amount of Pokemon evolve in the fourth generation. I'm sick of hearing that Eevee needs more evolutions. Really? You have to have one of every type? Everyone says it but the moment they come out with it everyone hates it.

I don't think anymore Pokemon should evolve. I like them as they are.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I would like to see an evolution of Weezing, Dunsparce, or Quilfish tbh but I don't think there should be as many evolutions of already existing Pokes as there used to be like with Sinnoh for example, don't stop it entirely but there doesn't need to be as much as before now.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I like them as they are though. :( Moving to Pokemon General though, as this is more about Pokemon, and not really game specific.

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
    Years
  • I can't think of any plausible evolution other than a calf pre-evolution to Miltank and Tauros which would evolve based on gender.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    This is brilliant. What'd they call it, though? Cuddy? (Yeah, I know, that's udderly awful. *ducks rocks*)

Which Pokémon will be the next to get an evolution?

Cuddy does not approve of you re-appropriating her name in this manner.

Normal-type names are difficult to come up with though, because it's like...you can't really put a type in there, lol.

Barrels

The Fresh Prince of Kanto
    Years
  • Normal-type names are difficult to come up with though, because it's like...you can't really put a type in there, lol.

Yep, but occasionally that means we get something like Kangaskhan, which has to be the most ridiculous, inappropriate, hilarious name for a kangaroo ever. (Small confession: I never got the Genghis Khan joke until... um, past the time I should've. Yeah, I'm stupid.)

:P Also... that Cuddy picture is so, so appropriate. (It's like someone just told her what was going on. 'What? They're naming a Pokémon after me?')

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • I'd say Sudowoodo or Seviper probably. Maybe Zangoose as well but I can't picture what will their evolved forms look like though...

Years
  • Honestly, I'm wanting an evolution to Dunsparce of Farfetch'd since they seem so... incomplete as they are now. Not because of how weak they are but their designs seem like they could really be expanded on a bunch.

I can't think of any plausible evolution other than a calf pre-evolution to Miltank and Tauros which would evolve based on gender.

This is actually a very cool idea that I'd like to see someday. :D On that note, I can also see a Kangaskhan pre-evolution that could resemble the baby in its pouch. :3

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
    Years
  • Yep, but occasionally that means we get something like Kangaskhan, which has to be the most ridiculous, inappropriate, hilarious name for a kangaroo ever. (Small confession: I never got the Genghis Khan joke until... um, past the time I should've. Yeah, I'm stupid.)

:P Also... that Cuddy picture is so, so appropriate. (It's like someone just told her what was going on. 'What? They're naming a Pokémon after me?')

I've always thought that Kangaskhan sounds cool.
    Fun fact: There's a 0,5% chance that you are a descendant of Genghis Khan.
    *ends offtopic*

A Lapras pre-evo would be nice too, it could look like a smaller Lapras with brighter skin.
    Illumite and Volbeat could get a larva pre-evolution which would also evolve based on gender.

Honestly, I'm wanting an evolution to Dunsparce of Farfetch'd since they seem so... incomplete as they are now. Not because of how weak they are but their designs seem like they could really be expanded on a bunch.

I saw a fakemon evolution to Farfetch'd on PokéMemes a few days ago, it looked pretty good. Can't find it now though.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I will definitely wish to see a pre-evolution of Kangaskhan and Lapras. A cute baby form like what they've done for Snorlax, perhaps?

I really hope they create a steel evolution for Eevee. (I'm a big fan of steel-tyeps Pokemons =D)

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I guess we might see a pre-evo of many gen 1 pokemon which don't evolve. Might see a few evo's for some other pokemon next gen as well.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I get the feeling they may want to keep this close in relation to Unova, so we may not see any evos from Gen I-Gen IV until we get back to that part of the Pokey World.

So out of Unova I'd like to see

Zebstrika - love the design but it just seems lack luster compared to other Electric types),

Swoobat - parallels Golbat in a sense although Golbat evolved from <3 were as Woobat does that to get to Swoobat).

Basculin - Just seems missing something, and they could easily have alternate evolution lines due to their form differences.

Darmanitan - Kind of iffy on this one since it is already strong as is. But I'd love to see a huge fire monkey even bigger then Infernape come out of this.

Heatmor - Either an evo or pre-evo too, love to see it strong and expand the rivalary with Durant.

Durant - Same as Heatmor, although they missed out on doing this with Zangoose and Seviper.

Now if they do other past gens I'd like to see.

Another Hitmon evo, speaking of that maybe they do like they did with Hitmontop and Tyrogue and maybe one for Throh and Sawk.

Jynx - Seems to go along with Magmar and Electabuzz since they both go pre-evos at the same time they also kind of parallel the three birds at least in terms of typing. Think I read some where when they we doing planning they were thinking about making those three the trio.

Pinsir - Scyther got an evo, so why not Pinsir.

Mantine - They gave it a pre-evo so I'd love to see it complete a line.

Torkoal - Dude needs some love, I'd like too see one like a super fire Turtle.

Zangoose - As with the two aforementioned rivals I'd like to see a continuation in their lines.

Seviper - See Zangoose...

Banette - Gave one to Dusclops, so one for Banette seems fitting.

Drifblim - I dunno why I would just like to see an evolution of this.

Carnivine - Again I dunno why just seems like it could benefit from an evolution.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I really want Farfetch'd, Luvdisc and Pachirisu to get evolved forms since they have base stats comparable to NFEs. Currently, they're not that good.

Barrels

The Fresh Prince of Kanto
    Years
  • Pinsir - Scyther got an evo, so why not Pinsir.
    Torkoal - Dude needs some love, I'd like too see one like a super fire Turtle.

YES.

I can only imagine how awesome a second or third-stage evo for Pinsir would be. (Gigantic horns. And a shark's mouth. All I'm saying.) Plus Torkoal just needs that little extra boost to become a viable alternative to Charizard/Blaziken/bleh. (A lava turtle? C'mon, Game Freak. You know you want to.)

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    I want to see a wicked bulky looking evolution of Marcargo that has the ability Solid Rock. that would be awesome. to see and to use!

also two that I've seen mentioned time & time again:
    Solrock/Lunatone evo or pre-evo.
    Combee male evo.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Combee male evo.

I honestly don't think one like this would be highly interesting. I mean, think about it - the reason the female evolves is because of the idea of the queen bee. Males in a hive become drones with no mind of their own. Kinda boring for a Pokemon concept.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Dunspace- I always wondered why it doesn't have an evolution

Pinsir- it be similar to Scyther where you hold something like Metal Coat and trade it.

Jynx- pretty similar to Magmar and Electricbuzz

Skarmory -Sort of like Pidgey, Starly, and Pidove. Start off as a little Steel-type bird, evolve into Skarmory, evolve into a bigger and stronger Steel-Type bird

Carnivine- a pre evo and a evolution

Basculin- I just wonder why I doesn't have one right now and really needs it.

Luvdisc- I thought Alomomola would be an evolution but then I found out there are no Gen 1-4 Pokemon until you beat N/Ghetsis and get the National Pokedex

Kecleon- Either a pre-evo or an evolution

Lickintung - could use a pro-evolution

Serviper and Zangoose- Pro-evolutions cause they're pretty strong without an evolution

Emolga and Pachirisu

Torkoal-both evolution and pre-evolution would be cool

Spinda- Just cause it's similar to Pachirisu and Emolga where it's a decent basic Pokemon that could be stronger.

Quagsire- It be a lot stronger with a second stage or it make Wooper a Baby-Pokemon. Plus I like this idea
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back