• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokemon could a human take on unarmed and win against?

Moth

Banned
Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    I am not so sure even for the very tiny and weeeeaak ones like Igglybuff and Cleffa.Well actually Cleffa seems pretty weak but then I think that it is a kinda magical creature,since it is like a fairy thing and it is from the moon, so it can do something to kill us while Igglybuff can use perish song or rollout?(it learns perish song via breeding)

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    Probably some of the weaker ones, like Pidgey or Rattata. Or you could just step on the Caterpies and Weedles like they're normal bugs.

Moth

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    Well I am not sure about Weedle since it is poisonous and it can use poison sting.Caterpie well it may use string shot? but okay at the end we could kill it.Rattata would be quite scary,a big rat running around biting you.It could easily bite your hand off with a hyper fang.Pidgey would easily kill us.It is not a normal pigeon.It can easily attack us from above with its beak and talons using brave bird or aerial ace or even blow us away with whirlwind and gust.

So only caterpie and rattata would be possible to kill but rattata will leave some scars to remember.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • I would be afraid of Togepi since it knows Metronome. Anything is possible. 0_0
    But I think I could fight off a caterpie and MAYBE POSSIBLY a Magikarp. I hear Magikarps have tough scales so that could be difficult. And what if you kicked it around a whole bunch, and it evolved into a Gyarados at that moment(like James' Magikarp did)? I would also be scared of Weedle's Poison Sting as it could poison me.

Moth

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    wouldn't you be afraid of cleffa and igglybuff? or happiny? Its the trio of death haha

thefacelessone64

PokeBaller
    Years
  • i don't know about you guys, but i'm fairly confident i could take on a totodile. the trick is to kick it in the teeth and make it fall backwards, then hop on top of it and pin it down so it can't scratch you. then jab its eyes with your thumbs, punch it in the nose, and if you're really feeling the adrenaline, break off one of its fangs and stab it in the chest ( its skull will be too thick to pierce.) that's how its done. lolol

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2011
    Sentret I bet you could take in a fight but catching it would be an issue

Moth

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    But totodile could blast you away with hydro pump shattering your bones
    Oh and sentret can use hyper voice to blast you away as well.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • But totodile could blast you away with hydro pump shattering your bones
    Oh and sentret can use hyper voice to blast you away as well.

You have a point. Pretty much every pokemon learns a powerful move, whether its through level up or breeding or tm, save for a few such as magikarp and metapod. Heck, even Caterpie learns Bug Bite at only level 15, and, compined with STAB, it has a 90 base power! I would imagine that would kill a human.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    There's potential for danger in every pokemon, just like normal animals. But come on, a Caterpie? You've got to pretty much let it bite you in the arm. I'd try kicking it. The same with a Weedle, just a bit more cautious. A Metapod and Kakuna really wouldn't do anything besides Harden, so I think they'd make nice punching bags.

I think an Azurill wouldn't be that hard, unless you're telling me that a Bubble attack will pop out an eyeball or something.

Also, a Wobbufett and a Wynaut would be easy, since all it would try to do is Counter or something and you can work your way around that somehow.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'd have an easy time against Zigzagoon because it doesn't have much in the way of offenses. Oh and Magikarp and Feebas for the same reason.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Hah. None. We're talking about beasts running around with magical, mystical powers. Magikarp could probably splash us to death, somehow. Like, it'd just sit there splashing and if we tried to do anything to it we'd hurt ourselves trying or something. |D

Perhaps if we were trained fighters we would stand a chance against the weakest of helpless pokemon.

GGJ

Roaming & Learning
    Years
  • You see I'm one of the crazier of the bunch so I'm the type that would just jump on a gyradoses head and ride that poke till the fat lady sings.

So I say we could take on a lot.

Moth

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    I pretty much agree with all of you.
    Caterpie would be quite easy.Even if it used string shot then i think you can rip it off and go stomp it to death(eww that would leave a hell of a mess)
    Weedle.Well to be honest I don't know.It is poisonous.It can shoot poisonous needles from a distance so I don't think it would be possible unless you approached it from behind and stepped on it or threw a rock.
    Magikarp wouldn't do anything.Just splashing and flailing around.If it tackled you well I imagine some bruises but we can easily cook it for dinner.
    Feebas the same.
    Metapod would be the easiest of all but pretty hard to kill since it can use harden(no pun here) all day long.
    Kakuna the same with metapod but you should be a bit more cautious.It doesn't learn poison sting at this stage so it can't shoot poisonous needles from far away but it can move its poisonous barb which is at the very bottom of it if its in danger(bulbapedia).So I think it would be pretty easy unless you are dumb enough and go grab it from the bottom.
    Azurill.I am kinda puzzled about it.Seeing that it is only 20cm tall(even smaller than igglybuff) and it is a baby pokemon thus extremely weak its an easy target.But then again checking its movepool,it can use watergun,and while a watergun would be pretty powerful from other pokemon,from azurill it would just cause stinging pain and leave some bruises.But then it can use surf.About 3 meters tall.But well it is a baby pkmn so it doesn't have any experience so i think we would beat it unless it was confident enough to use its moves.

Igglybuff,yeah we can beat it.
    Cleffa,no.It learns magical leaf.It is also an 'alien',magical pkmn so idk :3
    Happiny.Its bulky and all but it can't so much.But on the other hand it is strong enough to lift rocks.And it can hurl the rock it holds at us.So a hard fight but at the end we may win just because of sheer size difference.

I also think that we can easily kill kricketot.It can't so ANYTHING.It only sings.It would be scary since it is a huge beetle which can bug bite us but you won't let it do it.

Yikes!Bug types would leave a disgusting mess.

Edit: Oh and wobbufett and wynaut wouldn't be easy.Are you nuts?(:3) They may not be able to attack you but they could easily kill you if you kill them with destiny bond,kill you with counter if you hit them(they wont die but you will) or ...TICKLE YOU TO DEATH >:D ..No seriously its impossible to kill that thing.Let alone that it is very bulky with all that hp.It can retaliate in a much worse way and kill you.And in fact anything with destiny bond isn't a good idea to try to kill it.

Last edited:

King Walrus

Finnish Trainer
    Years
  • Humans aren't weak. Humans know fighting type moves and some even can use physic type moves. Human could take down geodude. Just grab its hands and bang it against the ground. Humans can throw rocks and use branch as weapon. If a Pidgey could kill a human, humans would die in extinction in five seconds.

Moth

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    @ King Walrus : Firstly your english aren't bad lol . Secondly I don't insist on pidgey being able to kill a human but I can easily see it injuring him.No no, now that I am rethinking it Pidgey can use flying type attacks such as gust,hurricane,whirlwind and twister.I don't think a human won't die if he gets hit by these! Pidgey aren't just a bunch of real life pigeons,they are pokemon pigeons.They can easily injure us with their aerial ace and brave bird,but they can also kill us with their wind attacks.Just imagine that.You walk in the street,a pidgey flies around and you throw a rock at it cos you think it is weak.Then the pidgey uses brave bird and it stabs you so powerfully that its a miracle if you manage to live or the pidgey turns around and whips up a twister which destroys everything.

As for Geodude.Geodude can use stone edge and other rock type attacks but ground type attack such as earthquake as well.It won't just float around trying to punch you(which in case he managed to do so your skull would get crushed).

Anyway guys,what about these two very weird moves!?
    Perish Song
    Curse

I imagine perish song as a creepy song of death.The sky would instantly darken and the pokemon would sing very frighteningly.The wind would whistle horribly.Music notes would come out of its mouth and float in the air.It would be dark,the notes colored bloody red would make it even creepier and the terrifying song adds on the creepiness.When the attack is over everyone who was around listening to it will die a horrible death.Their eyes would goggle and bleed,their mouth would open wide,and they would disintegrate while screaming in agony and fear(sorry for being morbid but the attack demands creepiness). Just in case you wanna listen to a music I imagine perish song being like then just type in youtube Silent Hill Theme (Butterflies) and listen

Curse would be pretty similar with perish song but the ghost pokemon would cast a frightening curse while letting unworldly screams out.The target,whether it is a pokemon or a human,would freeze in fear watching the ghost pokemon preparing his death.Everything would get dark.

Now that i think about it,screech would also cause internal damage if it was directed at you.See steelix's screech.It lets soundwaves which distort the air.If those soundwaves were directed at you then it would blow you away(not as powerfully as hyper voice,it wouldn't crash your body just blast you away) but it would also cause internal damage.

Do you think we could take down a wigglytuff?No TMs would exist soo i think yeah

Last edited:

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Actually laughed when I first saw the thread title, and first time comes on my mind was Magikarp. XD; But some normal types would be easy to win against. :'p

Back